X

Xiaomi

Gone.
Aug 8, 2020
So about an hoiur ago, I got vaccinated. And I want to know what you all felt after receiving the vaccine and when do the side effects usually come out. As of now, I don't feel anything except that my arm feels like it's been punched (because of the needle).
Update: my left arm is hella sore. Feels like I slept on it then someone punched it

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Bot and littlelungs
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
I got the Pfizer vaccine and my immune system is completely fucked as it is because I'm chronically ill, so take this with a grain of salt, BUT:

After the first poke, I "just" felt like I'd been punched in the arm for a few days. I was actually surprised by how well my body handled it, all things considered.

After the second one, I initially didn't feel any worse than I already do as a baseline, but then the effects of the vaccine and the post-exertional malaise (PEM) both hit me like a truck the next day. It felt like I had the worst flu ever, x100. I don't want to freak you out, as I'm about 100% sure that my severe reaction to it was largely due to my illness/immune system, because that's just how it is (and I would have felt absolutely horrific afterwards anyway, as this kind of physical reaction also happens even when I stand or talk for too long, so it was difficult to tell what was caused by the vaccine and what was just my body doing what it does). I'm sure if I were even somewhat healthy it wouldn't have been even a fraction of as bad as it was, but for me personally, I wanted to die even more than I already do, which I didn't even think was possible.

With that said, in general, reactions to the vaccine tend to be highly variable, based on what I've read and heard from others. I know a few people (all decently healthy as a baseline) who got AstraZeneca, and their responses to the first vaccine were all just an extremely sore arm, like you mentioned, but for the second vaccine it was all over the place – one person was completely fine, one felt like they had a touch of the flu, and another one felt like they had the flu AND was puking their guts out... but within a few days they were back to normal. In general (and again, just from what I've heard and read; I hope I'm not talking bullshit), any side effects that occur seem to come on within 18 hours or so, and they tend to be stronger after the second round (which the doctor/nurse will usually tell you beforehand), but they seem to go away within a couple of days on average.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Callie Arcale, Bot and 1 other person
TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
YAY. I'm going for my 2nd jab Monday. Can't be worse than heroin withdrawals.... can it?

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Bot and Xiaomi
X

Xiaomi

Gone.
Aug 8, 2020
I got the Pfizer vaccine and my immune system is completely fucked as it is because I'm chronically ill, so take this with a grain of salt, BUT:

After the first poke, I "just" felt like I'd been punched in the arm for a few days. I was actually surprised by how well my body handled it, all things considered.

After the second one, I initially didn't feel any worse than I already do as a baseline, but then the effects of the vaccine and the post-exertional malaise (PEM) both hit me like a truck the next day. It felt like I had the worst flu ever, x100. I don't want to freak you out, as I'm about 100% sure that my severe reaction to it was largely due to my illness/immune system, because that's just how it is (and I would have felt absolutely horrific afterwards anyway, as this kind of physical reaction also happens even when I stand or talk for too long, so it was difficult to tell what was caused by the vaccine and what was just my body doing what it does). I'm sure if I were even somewhat healthy it wouldn't have been even a fraction of as bad as it was, but for me personally, I wanted to die even more than I already do, which I didn't even think was possible.

With that said, in general, reactions to the vaccine tend to be highly variable, based on what I've read and heard from others. I know a few people (all decently healthy as a baseline) who got AstraZeneca, and their responses to the first vaccine were all just an extremely sore arm, like you mentioned, but for the second vaccine it was all over the place – one person was completely fine, one felt like they had a touch of the flu, and another one felt like they had the flu AND was puking their guts out... but within a few days they were back to normal. In general (and again, just from what I've heard and read; I hope I'm not talking bullshit), any side effects that occur seem to come on within 18 hours or so, and they tend to be stronger after the second round (which the doctor/nurse will usually tell you beforehand), but they seem to go away within a couple of days on average.
Thank you. Now my temperature is at 37.4 Celsius and I feel a little warm. I'm just preparing for the worst right now and I'll take painkillers before I sleep. The second dose sounds worse... it makes me nervous.

I hope you're more okay now @littlelungs
Update 9PM local time: I'm having bad chills

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, littlelungs and Bot
mini_weeny

mini_weeny

Every cradle is a grave
Jan 5, 2021
I've heard of several ppl that got bad headache and felt really sick and other that nothing happened.

Reactions: Xiaomi
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
After my first Biontech vaccination my arm hurt like someone punched me and after my second one I had higher temperature for 2 days and a headache plus I was sleepy as fuck and actually slept 13 h the day after (never happens otherwise) - so getting vaxed definitely was the right choice since nothing bad happend and I can walk through the city without having to worry all the time.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
Thank you. Now my temperature is at 37.4 Celsius and I feel a little warm. I'm just preparing for the worst right now and I'll take painkillers before I sleep. The second dose sounds worse... it makes me nervous.

I hope you're more okay now @littlelungs
Update 9PM local time: I'm having bad chills

Oh, I don't mean to make you nervous. Again, my strong reaction was almost certainly due to the fact that I'm already severely chronically ill as it is, and just the fact that I had to leave the house in order to get the vaccine meant an absolute shit ton of additional suffering for me, anyway, on top of the usual daily suffering – the vaccine was just the cherry on top. I'm still dealing with the physical consequences of merely having to leave the house for it, but that doesn't have anything to do with the actual vaccine itself. It's just a pattern that, whenever I strain myself in any way whatsoever, it often leads to permanent worsening of my condition. I'm still glad that I got the vaccine, because even though the side effects were unfathomable torture for me for those next few days and I (obviously) want to die, my immune system would not be able to handle Covid-19 and it would be an absolutely horrific way to go, so getting the vaccine also came with some peace of mind, even with the awful side effects.

But enough about me and all my shit. The TL;DR version is that my situation (thankfully) isn't the norm, and like I mentioned in my other comment, based on all other accounts I've heard and read from decently healthy people, they did go back to their "normal" within a few days, regardless of the side effects they experienced (if at all).

It really sucks to have the chills. I think painkillers are a good idea to hopefully take the edge off until the side effects fuck off – hopefully sooner rather than later.

Many hugs. ❤️

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Xiaomi
H

HelloAllYouPeople

Jul 6, 2021
First dose - Kinda heavy arm. Bed fever that night. Occassional fever the day after.

Second dose - Just headaches the next day. I slept a lot :)

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I got the first one of AZ in March and the second one in June. Apart from the slight tingly arm for about 15 minutes I felt absolutely nothing. No bruise or nausea or anything else. Hardly felt the needle go in.

but I am suffering from neurological problems for years. So the could have masked any side effects

TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
Got my second yesterday, Pfizer. No issues other than the sharp pains in my head, ringing ears, and the usual fever /chills. Easy aches :: had a sponsor who used to be grateful when he was feeling awful as it reminded him he was alive. So no sympathy 4my withdrawals. I'd rather be filled 2the brim with mdma, maybe then I'd be grateful.
Our deathtoll is awful, 500 days of lockdown we already have so many childheaded households from AIDS, now covid. So many sad stories, lost businesses, lost friends. Beautiful beautiful Africa is fucked. Wouldnt ever leave. I worked hospice then. I'm tired and self obsessed right now tho.... gotta fix my thinking. It takes a village to raise a child.

Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
Even if there is proven to be a slight risk of blood clots, it's far less likely than contracting the beer disease and dying
Plus dying from a stroke is way better than suffocation