DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
The process of assisted suicide and euthanasia cannot guarantee a painless, dignified and reliable death. The public was led to believe that assisted suicide was simple, painless and efficient. The myth that only a deadly cocktail of drugs or a deadly jab can deliver a beautiful and serene death is a romantic fantasy.

Although some patients die relatively quickly, some hang out for hours or days. One patient is known to have taken four days and eight hours to expire. A lung cancer sufferer ingested his entire prescription of deadly drugs and woke up after 65 hours. He declined to attempt suicide again and died naturally two weeks later. There was a nurse at the bedside of one patient who ended up putting a plastic bag over the patient´s head because the patient was not dying.

Patients have experienced complications such as seizures or regurgitating some of the lethal dose. A number of medicines used in assisted suicide and euthanasia were previously used in executions. The use of medicines during executions has been described as inhumane with reports of people feeling burning sensations throughout their bodies prior to death.

Birth is painful and life consists of much suffering - so why should death be painless? It is not easy to kill a human being.

Simon Caldwell is right: Assisted suicide is the opposite of death with dignity. Assisted suicide is the opposite of death with dignity

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CTBookOfLife
Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
Hmm, I'd rather take my chance with that than a gun and slight misdirection and survive with my face blown off.

Even so, it's not like the majority of us will ever have access to lethal injection/assisted suicide in our lifetime.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
The process of assisted suicide and euthanasia cannot guarantee a painless, dignified and reliable death. The public was led to believe that assisted suicide was simple, painless and efficient. The myth that only a deadly cocktail of drugs or a deadly jab can deliver a beautiful and serene death is a romantic fantasy.

Although some patients die relatively quickly, some hang out for hours or days. One patient is known to have taken four days and eight hours to expire. A lung cancer sufferer ingested his entire prescription of deadly drugs and woke up after 65 hours. He declined to attempt suicide again and died naturally two weeks later. There was a nurse at the bedside of one patient who ended up putting a plastic bag over the patient´s head because the patient was not dying.

Patients have experienced complications such as seizures or regurgitating some of the lethal dose. A number of medicines used in assisted suicide and euthanasia were previously used in executions. The use of medicines during executions has been described as inhumane with reports of people feeling burning sensations throughout their bodies prior to death.

Birth is painful and life consists of much suffering - so why should death be painless? It is not easy to kill a human being.

Assisted suicide is the opposite of death with dignity
That link is not working. Do you have a link that shows some of the details of the cases your post is about?

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
But the death is guaranteed though which is why it would be have a relief to have that option. What terrifies me would be a suicide attempt failing, just leading to more suffering as a result and anyway from what I've read legalised assisted suicide sounds very peaceful. I envy those who are able to cease existing in such a way.

• Love
Reactions: The Burning Fool
The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
so why should death be painless?
I can't make you care about reducing the pain and suffering of consciously aware beings. I'm just immeasurably sad if you don't do so. I assign intrinsic value to non-suffering. Axiomatic beliefs aren't supported by logical arguments, they are simply arbitrarily designated.

Reactions: SpiritualDeath and pthnrdnojvsc
CTBookOfLife

CTBookOfLife

ᴶᵘˢᵗ ᵃ ˢʰᵉˡˡ ᵒᶠ ᵃ ᵇᵒᵈʸ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵐᵃⁿʸ ᵐⁱⁿᵈˢ
Aug 5, 2023
I've always said this. The IV chemicals they use in many assisted suicides are, like you said, the same stuff used in "lethal injection." To add to the "burning sensation," I've heard that once the paralytic is administered, if the anesthetic does not work, you cannot tell them. You have to feel them inject the chemicals to make your breathing and heart stop, you feel it all and cannot stop it..

Now take that with a grain of salt, but that's what I heard. Either way, it's enough to scare me off of at least that method of assisted suicide.

If they really cared about people going peacefully, they would put them to sleep FULLY, full anesthesia, like during surgery, before doing anything.