M

macrocosm

Apr 3, 2023
I just read an article about a writer with mental illness who got euthanized in Switzerland.

I don't see a lot of posts here about this. Any advice or anyone with experience with this?

rosenwasser

rosenwasser

per ardua ad astra
Sep 9, 2023
Some European countries allow euthanasia for mental illness now (I don't live in one of them). Most notably perhaps Belgium that grants people with prolonged mental suffering the right to die (with N) any time they choose. I know it's really freeing for them. They can choose when it's time to go, they can say goodbye, they don't have to hide it or use unreliable methods.
I do with this was more widespread to give everyone the right to die on their own terms.

befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022

Reactions: lachrymost
M

macrocosm

Apr 3, 2023
Some European countries allow euthanasia for mental illness now (I don't live in one of them). Most notably perhaps Belgium that grants people with prolonged mental suffering the right to die (with N) any time they choose. I know it's really freeing for them. They can choose when it's time to go, they can say goodbye, they don't have to hide it or use unreliable methods.
I do with this was more widespread to give everyone the right to die on their own terms.
I think Switzerland too