• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
From my perspective, I don't think you are. They're toxic environments. Alcohol lowers self- and other-protrective inhibitions. I've had some harm-free fun, but I've also been harmed and seen many others harmed. I stopped going to bars because it's an environment that supports and empowers abusive behaviors, that supports a condition of vulnerability in some, and in others supports a condition that fuels aggression.

There's a reason why many have bouncers, because things get out of control.

Last edited:
HopelessBorderline

HopelessBorderline

Alive but not living
Oct 29, 2020
You're not missing anything.
Since lockdown started I haven't missed them at all. It's let me reflect on what is good for me. About the only positive thing lockdown has done for me.
There is more to life than partying, drink and drugs.
I don't even miss the social aspect. The majority of people you find in those types of venues are not permanent friends you can rely on at all.

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I was a party girl, used to love clubbing and drinking on a night out with my friends. There were some good memories of a night out. But most of the times we would drink too much and don't even remember half of what I did on some nights. So I guess you would have to figure by yourself if you would like to go clubbing. I now don't like it anymore. There is a time for everything, I leave that now to the new generation to decide. Although everything is shut these days. And edit, I do regret the insane amounts of money I've spent those days.

Last edited:
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
Maybe, maybe not. I generally don't like it because you can't really talk to anyone without yelling and I'm a quiet talker so I find it very frustrating lol. But it's more about hanging out with friends then it is about being at a specific location.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Nope, it's boring anyways. Full of drunk people. It's loud and annoying but there's some types of ppl who like this kind of environment and idk if you feel like you would like this but since you haven't been to one maybe you would like it and don't even know. But I personally don't like these kinds of places and I don't think you're missing out on much but I think that's subjective.

Brink

Brink

Exhausted. RadHomo.
Feb 11, 2020
I've had some of the best times of my life in bars and clubs and at raves.

Alcohol is one of the worst drugs to explore with though — there are many safer alternatives.

I'd say why not give some things a go, especially if you're thinking about CTB. Just make sure you're being healthy towards others and respect their boundaries! Don't judge and keep an open mind! That's my advice.

D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
Interesting comment, brink. A different perspective given my upbringing. I'm visiting family in Dubai & I don't know if this website will be accessible there. I don't think there are many opportunities to go partying due to COVID-19 and I don't want to disappoint my religious family. Anyways, I'll have fun in the sun in Dubai. Go to the cinema, theme parks and water parks. Don't know how much that will do to reduce my depression in the long run. The best times I've had in life have been eating, going to the cinema, talking to friends or at the water park. Hands down.

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I used to like partying too.
But it was always because I enjoyed being around a particular group of people and only going to smaller clubs that played music I 100% enjoyed. During this time I hardly drunk and really focused on making memories with those friends.
It's possible to have a good time but on the other hand it can go wrong and end up being unenjoyable as well (as many others described).

Plus if you're among the right people and have some good music you might as well "party" in a private home. Just as fun.

Reactions: foxdie
D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
I also want to try concerts. When I was younger, my dad offered to take me to a One direction concert and I said no. I regret that now.

• Hugs
Reactions: foxdie and stygal
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I met a very lovely Muslim man in a bar. When I say bar I'm talking about a nightclub with dancing. I loved to dance before I was struck down with my mystery ailment. That's why I and my friends went there, for music and dancing.

If you only have one or two weak drinks and just enjoy dancing that's not going to be a problem. Too much drinking might be. Only you know your level of self control. Or you don't need to drink at all.

Reactions: foxdie
D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
It's strange that you met aMuslim man at the bar. Couldn't be too devout :)

D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
Generally, Muslims are told to avoid alcohol & partying. It's frowned upon but not an unforgivable sin. The only unforgivable sin is not believing in a deity.
I have sipped alcohol before at a bar at uni. Didn't like it! Beer tastes awful & bitter. But, cider tastes like apple juice!
Although, I feel guilty about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: foxdie and stygal
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Generally, Muslims are told to avoid alcohol & partying. It's frowned upon but not an unforgivable sin. The only unforgivable sin is not believing in a deity.
I have sipped alcohol before at a bar at uni. Didn't like it! Beer tastes awful & bitter. But, cider tastes like apple juice!
Although, I feel guilty about it.
Oh okay...
I don't like beer either, tastes like shit.
Some mixed drinks are fine, I guess.
Not a regular drinker myself.
In the end I'd say it comes down to how you want to live the rest of your life and not necessarily others telling you what you want/should do.
Especially with being close to the end of your existence.

Reactions: Brink
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
It's strange that you met aMuslim man at the bar. Couldn't be too devout :)
There are a lot of Muslims in America and most adapt to some American customs and many don't. There are all kinds. I actually know quite a few, both men and women.

F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
Honestly, theme parks cinemas and water parks are more my cup of tea and can be just as fun if not moreso. It's really about the people you're with. I can't speak to your religion as I'm not religious but I do find it unfair that a god would make things that can be fun like alcohol and then prohibit you from consuming. I'm sorry you feel dead inside @nmukctbdream I do too, it's really tough :aw:

Brink

Brink

Exhausted. RadHomo.
Feb 11, 2020
There are a lot of Muslims in America and most adapt to some American customs and many don't. There are all kinds. I actually know quite a few, both men and women.
The same goes for the UK! My x-boyfriend was a Muslim. We're gay men. We did all sorts of Haram things, but that doesn't mean he's not a Muslim!

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Depends. If you go to the right place and don't drink too much it can definitely be enjoyable. If you go to the wrong place and drink too much it can definitely be harrowing. Nowadays I usually only go to quiet pubs and bars to chat with a friend over a beer or drink.

Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
The best times I've had in life have been eating, going to the cinema, talking to friends or at the water park. Hands down.
This suggests you like a quiet life, and probably wouldn't like night clubs lol

grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
I don't think you missed out much. Bars' & nightclubs' crowds of drunken people overwhelms me and makes me feel anxious. Comfortable drinking is nearly impossible for an introvert in such conditions. Alcohol lowers your self-control so you can easily do something stupid and be laughed off for months in social media. Besides you're surrounded by people who are danger under an influence of alcohol. It's much better to get drunk with people you trust or alone. At least half of the town won't know what stupid things you did lol.

D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
Sometimes, I wonder about sneaking into a nightclub, like I sneaked into a pub/bar. I bet it would be a unusual experience, though I might regret it later- due to my religious upbringing. I don't like deafening music- concerts are okay but nightclubs seem like sensory overload. I am a highly sensitive person (HSP) is an official term. So, I don't think I would like it. Apparently, that sad drunk- Jim Morrison- was one, too.

reasonabledoubt

reasonabledoubt

Mar 11, 2020
Me as a girl growing up in a very strict muslim environment knowing very well about your thoughts can tell, if you are really curious about it and the only thing holding you back is guilt, then go for it and make your own experiences.
In my early twenties I did all all of it really, anything that is considered a sin, i think I over did it.
What I do regret though is my abuse (selfmedication) of alcohol and the aftermath of it
So, I would highly recommend responsible drinking and not for a minute losing much needed respect for alcohol.

• Hugs
D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
Do you still identify as Muslim?

reasonabledoubt

reasonabledoubt

Mar 11, 2020
Honestly, even as a child i never could identify with Islam. Then as an young adult i was traumatized and so angry at everyone who have forced me to believe in a religion that justifies so many things that (reasons for destroying five people) I consider as just plain wrong, that I had to rebel for once. So I kind of ran away. Kind of.

S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Yes you are missing out however don't go if you don't think you will be able to score or at least use alcohol to have a good time/enjoy inebriation. I am from an opposite cultural background of you but I was a teetotaler due to not wanting to risk my long term health. However at some point i finally accepted consuming alcohol and had a good time with it

• Hmph!
Reactions: LONE WOLF.