TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
The state of limbo is the worst state to be in, because one would neither be enjoying life, nor be free of (perpetual) suffering. What do I mean by the state of limbo? The state of limbo is a condition or situation in which one is neither living and enjoying life, nor are they free of suffering from existence, it simply is sentient purgatory. Most of us are in this situation partly due to a combination of these factors: the survival instinct (preventing us from making the attempt to free ourselves, via CTB); no/difficult access to peaceful, reliable methods to check out (preferably peacefully); unable to make something out of life nor wish to (aka recovery); and of course, personal circumstances.

Why is this considered worse than death? This is worse than death because not only does one not have control over one's own fate, life, and body, but is actually compelled to live and unable to leave on one's own terms (should one decide to leave on one's own terms). With death, while tragic, the person's suffering has come to an end. As for those (pro-lifers) who enjoy life, death would be a loss to their enjoyment of life because of pleasure. Therefore, if there was three states of being, non-sentience, sentience, and sentience-limbo, being sentient but in limbo is the worst of the 3 because not only is one not enjoying life, one is also unable to seek the sweet release of death itself, thus being trapped in unwanted sentience and denied of pleasures/pleasant experiences during sentience.

As a result, this is why one should avoid being in such a predicament when possible. As a pro-choicer, I would say the other two options are better than being stuck in limbo because at least one is either enjoying life (recovery and or living on their terms) or ending their suffering (preferably with dignity and peacefully, but either way, death is the cessation of suffering and pain for the person).

What are your thoughts on this?

• Hugs
Reactions: reclaimedbynature, Immensevoid, Forever Sleep and 6 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
limbo to me is between being alive and dead because we don't really know for 100 percent if life is just a one time thing or multiple lifes
if life is a one time thing then you don't really exist at all stuck between life and death how can you exist and not exist at the same time we are stuck in limbo

• Informative
Reactions: TAW122
O

orca87

Mage
Mar 22, 2023
limbo to me is between being alive and dead because we don't really know for 100 percent if life is just a one time thing or multiple lifes
But based on what we know, there is absolutely no reason to even consider that there is an afterlife of any kind

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
But based on what we know, there is absolutely no reason to even consider that there is an afterlife of any kind
but what do we know exactly that we come into existance from nothing and we return to being nothing whats to say it can't happen again, what we still don't know is where does all this stuff come from how did it all come to be for there to be a start at some point in time there was just nothing or has something always existed

Reactions: kernel_panic
6MillionWaystoDie

6MillionWaystoDie

Choose one
Mar 18, 2023
Im in limbo now. Wish I could just get to the death part fast. It's coming. I just don't know when.

But yes it is 100% the worse state. anhedonia + apathy = living in nothingness. It's existing not living.

Dying could also be nothingness but at least my current consciousness ceases to be.

No creativity, no enjoyment, no nothing. Its just a state of uselessness where nothing materializes even if possible because one could careless. Whats the point of it all?

Reactions: Pisceslilith and nosoul
O

orca87

Mage
Mar 22, 2023
but what do we know exactly that we come into existance from nothing and we return to being nothing whats to say it can't happen again, what we still don't know is where does all this stuff come from how did it all come to be for there to be a start at some point in time there was just nothing or has something always existed
"We" are not coming from nothing. The process of perception and birth is well understood. Neither do we return to being nothing. Our bodies will stay here. And all consciousness happened within these bodies due to chemical and electrical processes in our brains when we were alive. Death just means that these processes stopped working as they're not connected to an energy source anymore.

The only thing that we don't know is where this whole universe came from, and where it is going.

Reactions: Noise
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I certainly do believe that it's something that is so awful and tiring feeling trapped here when one really wishes to be gone. All those who wish to die should just be able to exit in peace without struggle, we shouldn't feel forced to endure this burden against our wishes. I believe that it's always preferable to not exist but of course finally being free from this world isn't something that is straightforward, I hate how this anti suicide society restricts access to more peaceful and reliable methods.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
"We" are not coming from nothing. The process of perception and birth is well understood. Neither do we return to being nothing. Our bodies will stay here. And all consciousness happened within these bodies due to chemical and electrical processes in our brains when we were alive. Death just means that these processes stopped working as they're not connected to an energy source anymore.

The only thing that we don't know is where this whole universe came from, and where it is going.
before i existed i was nothing than a sperm and egg meet ending up with me being alive, the universe comes into existance from nothing and so do we our body will decay into the smallest parts possible breaking down into nothing is left one day and cycle repeats for ever or is just a one time thing

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Im in limbo now. Wish I could just get to the death part fast. It's coming. I just don't know when.

But yes it is 100% the worse state. anhedonia + apathy = living in nothingness. It's existing not living.

Dying could also be nothingness but at least my current consciousness ceases to be.

No creativity, no enjoyment, no nothing. Its just a state of uselessness where nothing materializes even if possible because one could careless. Whats the point of it all?
Yes, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way because I know not being able to die when one wishes to is torture in and of itself, and also not enjoying the pleasures of life on one's own terms as well.

Interesting perspective, I suppose that when these chemical processes end, then our suffering would end as we would no longer be conscious enough to experience anything (no pain and suffering and no pleasure either, which is fine with me). As for the universe, depending on one's beliefs, the answer would vary.

I certainly do believe that it's something that is so awful and tiring feeling trapped here when one really wishes to be gone. All those who wish to die should just be able to exit in peace without struggle, we shouldn't feel forced to endure this burden against our wishes. I believe that it's always preferable to not exist but of course finally being free from this world isn't something that is straightforward, I hate how this anti suicide society restricts access to more peaceful and reliable methods.
Yes, I wish that we lived in a world where assisted suicide is an basic human right and that we could access it without so much difficulty and hassle.

if life is a one time thing then you don't really exist at all stuck between life and death how can you exist and not exist at the same time we are stuck in limbo
From my perspective, as an atheist, I do believe that the one life that we have is all that we have. The time before our existence is just nothingness, non-sentience, and after we die, we return to non-sentience again.

N

nosoul

Arcanist
Apr 1, 2023

This is exactly my feelings, I watch various things and I don't react, like I'm a zombie, pretending things are OK but don't know of a way out yet, just suffering each day.

NoLoveNoHope

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
I agree with you fully, I am currently in sentience-limbo like you said. I don't have any forms of peaceful method and at points I yearn for death - considering if hanging myself would be for the best or should I wait for SN or another method.

I want to escape but I've lost current will to even continue, I'm still a student and I haven't really been turning in anything. I've considered jobs several times but I can't get the motivation to actually work even if it was to move on.

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I've been in and out of limbo for 32 years. For most of the last decade I haven't been able to escape it. It's definitely the worst.

E

Endofit

Get me out of here
Jan 19, 2024
I've been in and out of limbo for 32 years. For most of the last decade I haven't been able to escape it. It's definitely the worst.
I've been in that limbo for the last couple of years. And I truly hope to find the courage to end it all. The more I'm browsing this forum, the more I understand that most of us are in that limbo, and the purpose of the forum is clear to me now. Having that repeated conversation that keeps our minds sane. Can I find the courage to ctb ? Will there be a peaceful me after the end ? Can I possibly turn it around in this life ? The answer for me is that I need to find that final courage to end it. I really really hope I will, even if there is nothing after that. This everlasting pain need to stop one way or another.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Illegal Preclear and TAW122
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah, I agree with you. What I really wish would be for pro-lifers to accept that for some people who are really too far gone, the states are really just limbo or death. Not everyone can find their way back to living rather than just existing. Some of us don't even want to. They can't drag all of us kicking and screaming back in to life and think it will work.

Honestly- they don't even want to! Who wants to give up their own life to continually babysit someone who has lost the will to live? They can't live for us! It's not to say people who want help shouldn't be given it. It's not to say it shouldn't at least be offered to someone they are unsure about. They shouldn't assume it will always work though. Some people are living very much against their own will. Like you say- in this ridiculous limbo.

I feel in limbo in all sorts of aspects of life. It's just weird really. I suppose in some way, it's relaxing. I no longer have a burning ambition for a future I would never be able to attain so- I don't have so much disappointnent in failing either! In fact- the will to even try has gone. That's taken off so much pressure. That's kind of blissful. Still- I have the terrible fear that I'm going to have to hurt myself to free myself of this life. That's terrifying. I just hope it goes smoothly, if I have the guts.

• Love
Reactions: Hollowman and Illegal Preclear
Illegal Preclear

Illegal Preclear

The CEO of CTB
Sep 6, 2022
I've been in that limbo for the last couple of years. And I truly hope to find the courage to end it all. The more I'm browsing this forum, the more I understand that most of us are in that limbo, and the purpose of the forum is clear to me now. Having that repeated conversation that keeps our minds sane. Can I find the courage to ctb ? Will there be a peaceful me after the end ? Can I possibly turn it around in this life ? The answer for me is that I need to find that final courage to end it. I really really hope I will, even if there is nothing after that. This everlasting pain need to stop one way or another.
Here's to hoping we both find the courage this year to end it. I believe there will be peace at the end. Strangely enough - when I'm sleeping and I dream - I'm not mentally disabled. Even more significant - I'm often having adventures and parties with my friends who already successfully CTBd. The peace that comes after death is real. It has to be. I've been in limbo long enough now to know that limbo only ends when you decide it does through CTBing. The only thing I have left to commit to now is committing to a method and following through with it this year.

Yeah, I agree with you. What I really wish would be for pro-lifers to accept that for some people who are really too far gone, the states are really just limbo or death. Not everyone can find their way back to living rather than just existing. Some of us don't even want to. They can't drag all of us kicking and screaming back in to life and think it will work.

Honestly- they don't even want to! Who wants to give up their own life to continually babysit someone who has lost the will to live?
At least here in the US, we live in a PSYCHOTICALLY pro-life society. Beginning AND end of life. Psychotically pro life. It's a mind virus. We drag people who want to CTB into Psychiatric Institutions where they're not even cared for! Just drugged out of their eye sockets, stuck in front of a television with some coloring books for weeks to MONTHS at a time, and told that's somehow better. That life drugged in front of a television scribbling with crayons is still TECHNICALLY life so that's better. Pro-life mentality is a mind virus that ironically destroys lives.

Reactions: Endofit and Forever Sleep