TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Perhaps I have written a thread like this in the past, maybe titled differently but I've wrote so many threads that I've lost track of which ones, when I wrote it, and did not wish to spend hours or days sifting through hundreds of threads I wrote throughout my 6 years on SaSu, so I will presume that perhaps I wrote it or mentioned it in another thread (as a reply) about my stance and views on this topic, and then this one is just another thread that highlights and emphasizes the point.

So this thread mentions and answers a question in others' threads throughout SaSu. The general question (and even some variations of this question, particularly mentioning wealth and money, though it doesn't always revolve around money and wealth) is "If you had (insert things that you want, be it needs, wants, desires fulfilled), would you still want to CTB?" My answer to that is yes ultimately because in the end, sentience is full of problems and even if there were times of greatness, it can all be taken away from one be it due to disease and infirmity, disasters, tragedies, and other stuff. In fact, in one of my other threads, I mentioned how sentience (life itself) is like a house of cards, meaning that it is very precarious and always at risk of falling apart.

So growing up, especially from an outsider's perspective, my life doesn't look that bad and on paper they would be correct. I had my basic needs, food, shelter, clothing, and an education. However, home life was hell due to overbearing (helicopter and authoritarian) parents and school life was hell (bullying and alienation). When I became an adult, sure my parents aren't anywhere near as helicopter (though in some aspects they still may be), but overall my social development and other aspects of being an adult sucked. Economically, I'm just getting by but still living under parents' roof and while I do appreciate their support and generosity, life still sucked in various ways. Nevertheless, I won't get too deep into it because that isn't the main point of this thread and won't go off to a rabbit hole tangent.

Now let's suppose that I wasn't sheltered and even if I was raised with a silver spoon, maybe some boundaries and rules, but nothing really bad. And also presume that things were better than what I have. Maybe I wouldn't have an urgency to check out or die imminently or anytime soon, but I'll always support the right to die and the option as well as policies, because I know how sentience is just a gamble which can be better or worse. I am not waiting for things to be worse and then trapping myself by not having the option if/when I would want to exercise it. I will always want to have that option, even if it is a last resort because knowing that I have the option and ability to go on my own terms should things become intolerable or untenable is a relief.

So in short, suppose I lived a better life than what I lived now (objectively speaking as of current life and in today's world, most people around my age would still consider it successful and that I should be glad – but again, that's normies' views and I don't agree – but I digress), I would still support the right to die because knowing that at minimum that I have that option should I ever need or want it, it would be there, but also because things can change for the worst in a whim. It is better to have the option to peacefully go than to be trapped with no option should one find oneself in an untenable, insufferable, and intolerable predicament!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller, ijustwishtodie and vanillamilkshakes