A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Was and still am

Reactions: Skathon and sserafim
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
My disabilities and being LGBT+ along with them just not liking me for whatever reason. They see me as an obstacle or an object rather than a sentient being. Dehumanisation has consequences

• Hugs
Reactions: 710, idk3, sserafim and 1 other person
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Yes - to an extent. From my perspective it certainly seems this way.

...Others can say and behave any way that they want towards me, but if I do the same - even if it is just in retaliation - I am met with angry glares, shaking heads and disapproving comments; it is though I am held to totally different standards. Nobody (rarely) notices or cares when other people are awful, or alternatively they will be noticed but will be shown understanding; yet every action I take is scrutinized instantly with no room for understanding at all, and instead I receive harsh judgement by those who I really try not to judge.

Is this really stigma? Maybe. I feel as if the treatment you receive from other people depends on what "type" of person that you are, and if a person fits into a category that is not considered to abide by social norms then they will be ostracized. I do not think we should put people into boxes though, and I just used the word "type" because I could not think of a better way of explaining this.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hunter2005, idk3, sserafim and 4 others
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Yess, but i dont hate them for not understanding mental illness.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hunter2005, 710 and venin.n
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Yess, but i dont hate them for not understanding mental illness.
Not knowing what you go through with having an illness is understandable, yes, but mistreating and/or stigmatizing you is not.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, venin.n and ClownWorld2023
BlackMoon

BlackMoon

Peace-seeker
Oct 30, 2023
I was, and it's still the case, and I'll be stigmatised for the rest of my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon and venin.n
BlackMoon

BlackMoon

Peace-seeker
Oct 30, 2023
Why is that? If I can ask
-I'm transgender (faced transphobic parents and threats to be sent to conversion therapy).
-Other stuff I can't talk about.

• Hugs
Reactions: tiger b and venin.n
Ε. Η. R.

Ε. Η. R.

Experienced
Oct 5, 2023
I was and am & I think it's another huge weight added on the other huge ones
Almost all my life.
During my school years, for the reason that I am German (russians hate Americans and Europeans a lot).
Then, after school because I am Transwoman. russia, ukraine (before the war), belarus - one of the worst countries for lgbt people.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and venin.n
venin.n

venin.n

Text
Nov 2, 2023
Almost all my life.
During my school years, for the reason that I am German (russians hate Americans and Europeans a lot).
Then, after school because I am Transwoman. russia, ukraine (before the war), belarus - one of the worst countries for lgbt people.
Sorry to hear that…

Do you live in Ru?
-I'm transgender (faced transphobic parents and threats to be sent to conversion therapy).
-Other stuff I can't talk about.
🫂

• Hugs
Reactions: BlackMoon and Ε. Η. R.
Cress

Cress

Arcanist
Oct 15, 2023
Yes A great many of friends and family have disowned me or at the very least They have Disassociated themselves from me

sensenmann

sensenmann

this will be the end of me
Jun 14, 2023
Yes, very often and I don't think it will change, so I am just going to not participate in today's society, tired of this bullshit.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I have ADHD and social anxiety, and I'm also on the spectrum. I think people instinctively knew somehow that I'm "different", and so therefore they stigmatized and excluded me. I always felt like an outsider, and I never felt a true sense of belonging. I tried to belong though, and my tactic was fading into the background and not drawing any attention to myself. People said that I was nice but quiet and that I should "speak more".
My disabilities and being LGBT+ along with them just not liking me for whatever reason. They see me as an obstacle or an object rather than a sentient being. Dehumanisation has consequences
I recently looked an old yearbook and someone wrote about my "seemingly emotionless face". I think they didn't know that still waters run deep.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Misery99, idk3 and I Can't Say
stillvoices

stillvoices

Oct 18, 2023
Ever since I tried to kill myself at 11 yrs old. I don't think it will change. I've been outwardly positive all my life. Never allowed to show anything else. But I tried to believe in the positive message. But it doesn't work for everyone.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
My first memories were me being demonised because of my parents being mixed nationality in war torn country.

But that was just the start of my awesome journey :).

I Can't Say

I Can't Say

Oct 21, 2023
People said that I was nice but quiet and that I should "speak more".
The nice lady who ran one of my groups used to say that about me. In front of the group. Every single time. Thanks, I don't really need to be reminded.

Reactions: sserafim
f1lth

f1lth

fleabag
Jul 9, 2023
yes, a lot of people in my life think im stupid, doomed or both because of how my life has gone and being autistic. im not really close with these people anymore, but im close with their son so :(

Reactions: Hunter2005
I

idk3

Student
Sep 10, 2023
Others can say and behave any way that they want towards me, but if I do the same - even if it is just in retaliation - I am met with angry glares, shaking heads and disapproving comments; it is though I am held to totally different standards. Nobody (rarely) notices or cares when other people are awful, or alternatively they will be noticed but will be shown understanding; yet every action I take is scrutinized instantly with no room for understanding at all, and instead I receive harsh judgement by those who I really try not to judge.
I've never heard of anybody who shares these same experiences that I've always dealt with. I'm still trying to understand it, because there must be reasons why it happens, right?

Thanks for sharing this, and as much as I'd wish nobody else would have to go through it, it makes me feel better at the same time that somebody out there understands.

Reactions: sserafim and Sprite_Geist
Unhumanly.

Unhumanly.

Recovery are not the winner.
Feb 24, 2023
Yes, heavily, because of religion

In my place where I stay I'm stigmatized for my : illness/defect, communication inability, and I think for my looks too?

The religious people said I'm god's cursed creation

I remember some vague memory of mine where I've been put at some sort of "ritual" since I was at the most youngest age, because these people thought my illness and inability come from some "dark aura"

It's somewhat silly

dumblosergirl

dumblosergirl

girl failure
Feb 13, 2023
BPD. I get to know someone and if I sense we are getting close, I inform them that I have BPD and feel emotions more intensely than others.

They say they are alright with it and then they all leave like a week or so later or when I actually have symptoms, they say something rude or stigmatizing about the disorder and leave.

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Yes. Still am probably, because of the way I look, being a very young mom in a Bible Belt town didn't help either.
Telling a person I have severe youth traumas, bpd, depression and an anxiety disorder gets a lot of prejudices as well ( I even heard batshit crazy)

Most of the time I don't give a shit what others think of me. But some days, when it all is to much I secretly cry.

Last edited:
DearMe

DearMe

Let’s have tea together.
Nov 6, 2023
Of course, but generally? It's because I made myself to be put into this position. I make them condemn me because... You know, for family. Why live in grief when you can continue your life fueled by hate and convert it to forgetfulness? It wasn't this bad before until I manhandled it myself.