Votes: 33 36.7%
  • I am meat eater and I don't support vegans/vegetarians

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
Yes, I am vegan. The reason can basically be boiled down to three premises.
  1. Suffering is bad
  2. Bad things should be reduced/avoided as far as possible
  3. Consumption of animal products causes much more suffering than only eating plants
--> Therefore one should be​

This is a good answer.

I'm vegan for life for the same reason.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Blondi, Foresight, DisillusionedDragon and 1 other person
Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
Went vegan this year because if I hadn't, knowing what I know about the horrors of animal agriculture, I would feel like scum. Only regret is not doing it earlier. Would rather live to old age (oh god, please, no) than go back.

• Hugs
Reactions: Blondi, OceanBlue, Foresight and 2 others
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
I was a vegetarian for about 7 years, with some occasional veganism in that time. But for health reasons, I started eating meat again. Mainly Chicken and Fish, I never liked red meat much. I fully support anyone who has given up eating meat, or thinks about giving it up.

Some people are actually more physiologically capable of being vegan or vegetarian than others. It depends on your constitution. If you fare well giving up meat and animal products entirely, then that is terrific! I believe that reducing meat consumption at any rate is a really good decision, not just for the environment and animal welfare, but it can be positive for your health too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Blondi
elfin

elfin

Feb 8, 2022
i am. veganism is one of the things that i'm the most passionate about.

• Hugs
Reactions: OceanBlue and Blondi
sphinxtured

sphinxtured

Sep 1, 2021
I do often think that increasing everyone's empathy would solve a great deal of problems in the world. Because you can't others when their pain is your own.

I recognize that most people have very limited empathy, though it is something that can curiously expand and shrink depending on emotions and life experience. That said, I know my excessive empathy (according to a couple therapists) is really nothing more than a quirk in brain chemistry.

So many problems are helped by veganism. The nightmare of animal agriculture; destruction of habitats / mass extinction; antibiotic resistance; climate change. Not to mention, but just in my observation even people who go vegan for eg their health / the climate (and so, not the animals) later care more and more about the animals, so perhaps it does increase empathy as well.

I hate thinking about their pain and suffering though, and how it's going on every moment. It's odd to me too how people focus on the slaughterhouses / method of execution while ignoring the many long months of cramped and horrifying existence. (tho that said "humanely-raised" animals are worse for the environment, as they take up more space / use more water and resources.......it's a dilly of a pickle, I tell you)
Consider those animal rights activists (i support them BUT) they save the animals and then they get eaten anyway. So, what happens when there's a massive pandemic, that kills all the animals? People will support cannibalism and say that they need to eat meat due to the lack of iron or certain vitamins plants don't have. Then what or should I say who?

Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
🙃

Animal agriculture actually makes me want to ctb. I seriously don't belong in this world.

• Hugs
Reactions: settheory, Blondi, OceanBlue and 1 other person
Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
I eat meat, but I try to avoid that of intensive farming.

freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
I've been vegan or vegetarian since I was 20 so, 40 years now

• Love
Reactions: Blondi, Crazy4u and Foresight
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
Animal agriculture actually makes me want to ctb. I seriously don't belong in this world.

Word. One documentary was too much, I can't fully comprehend these numbers. And it keeps restarting every day.

One of the biggest atrocities. It makes me feel so powerless that a fast solution does not exist, it's like observing a real life horror show with these vulnerable beings as our victims.

Nothing will ever redeem humanity.

• Aww..
Reactions: settheory, Blondi, Rogue Proxy and 1 other person
Somber

Somber

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2022
Flexitarian. I eat meat twice a week, fish twice a week and neither the other 3 days.

Switched a few years ago from a daily meat based diet due to climate change concerns.

Meat alternatives without any ingredients I'm allergic to are hard to find.

No baby animals.