Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I will not get vaccinated

Votes: 20 25.0%

• Total voters
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I'll never get it for as long as I am physically and legally capable of refusing.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, deleted, FractalTears and 11 others
Somber

Somber

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2022
Triple vaxed.

Because it's a scientific fact that the vaccinations are effective against the virus, few vaccines have been tested on this many people worldwide and it's my civil duty to help reduce the chances the virus gets to kill people that aren't suicidal (still the majority out there last I checked).

I also have somewhat less of a phobia for needles now, after receiving 4 shots (1 for seasonal flu) and 1 blood analysis (yay more food allergies detected).

I also don't like getting bronchitis. Suffocation is not a fun way to die.

• Love
Reactions: avoid_slow_death, allesistgut, odradek and 3 others
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I didn't get it and won't be forced to inject myself with anything anytime soon.

It's not about the efficacy or the science™, I'm sure that it works to some extent. But the moment that the government decided to make decisions about my body was the moment I knew I wouldn't be complying with this overreach. Besides, I shouldn't be forced to get vaccinated in order to make other people's vaccine work, that's just outrageous.

Muh' freedom is very important to me, my body my choice bitch.

I guess what really bothers me is the term anti-vaxer when it comes to this specific issue. Sure, someone like me who decided in my adult years to get every single vaccine that I couldn't get as a child is now against the very idea of vaccination, also, a fascist because I support the individual's freedom to decide. lmao.

The hypocrisy with this vaccine is unreal on so many levels.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, deleted, myopybyproxy and 8 others
T

TerminalConscience

Feb 1, 2022
Not because I necessarily think the vaccine is harmful I just really don't care if I die. I think I got covid last year tho

Reactions: medjooled11 and FractalTears
FractalTears

FractalTears

Feb 4, 2022
I never had covid and even if i would get it, I don't care much.. im not anti vax, i have planed to get lyme vax. I think since the virus keeps on changing and evolving, we would have to keep on vaxxing till whenever .. i could imagine that a single shot might be not so harmful but if we have to get a new updated every few months to stay protected, the potential side effects increase as well.

Reactions: Manaaja
lostundead

lostundead

Student
Mar 18, 2021
I'm scared it will exacerbate my pre-exisitng illness. With my luck I may even contract covid shortly after getting vaxxed and that would probably mess my body up badly. There is evidence showing that the vax does greatly reduces your risk of getting a severe infection and getting hospitalised but not that it significantly reduces your risk of getting infected with covid, which is what the media and health authorities have lied to us about all through 2021.

Add to that the fact that we have no idea how many shots you will need in total, especially when there seems to be a new variant around every corner. If it was only two shots I would've taken it but this is too risky for me right now, though I may change my mind in the future. Apparantly that makes me an anti-vaxxer in the eyes of most people, but I really don't give a shit anymore.

I love how, because we live a modern liberal society, they still pretend like getting vaxxed is a personal choice, while they strip you of all your freedoms, basic dignity, your job and soon the unvaccinated may even be uneligable to access social services in my country if you dont take the vax.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, myopybyproxy and Fragile
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I need that Japanese immortality vaccine first. If I get that, then I won't die of any diseases and thus I won't need any other vaccines.

odradek

odradek

Mage
Sep 16, 2021
I got vaccinated and I plan to get boosted when I'm eligible. Just because you can get covid-19 after being vaccinated does not mean you will. The vaccine does reduce your chances of catching the virus. Less infections by definition means less transmissibility. It's also as safe as any other vaccine you've ever taken in you life.

I support public health measures to reduce the chances of spreading and potential killing others as well as reducing the strain on hospitals and the people who work there. The more people who are vaccinated the less transmissions and deaths there will be.

Also, depending on where you live, you've been living with vaccine mandates since you were born.

Besides, I shouldn't be forced to get vaccinated in order to make other people's vaccine work, that's just outrageous.

This is not outrageous, this is how vaccines achieve herd immunity.

And now I will peacefully retire to my study... Oh shit...

mob GIF

Reactions: Sanva
Rabhen

Rabhen

Isolated Loner
Dec 17, 2021
do we have anti-vaxxers here?
My brother was killed, YES, KILLED by the MMR vaccine. I have had severe reactions to two separate vaccines as a child myself and told to no longer be vaccinated. My first child had seizures from the very first vaccine he received and was told to no longer vaccinate. My second child has never had a problem with vaccines, my third and last child, a girl also cannot be vaccinated and she is a nurse. Antivaxxer? Really? You want to accuse me of that? I will not publish the death certificate, nor my medical records. Do some fucking research into vaccines, how they are made, what they are made of and stop automatically accusing people of conspiracy theories unless and until you actually do research on the subject yourself and that research does not include Fox news or any other news station for that fact. Read the fucking warnings that come packaged in the vaccines themselves from the manufacturer, study and research that, because even with a Science and Biology degree, I STILL need to look things up. Now take your shit stirring stick and go study and leave us real people with real medical issues alone. Is there not enough assholes and mandates and stupidity or what is going on that HERE of all places this does not need to be started. Do ou have ANY fucking idea how persecuted I am because I canot get vaccinated? I am soooo sick and tired of heariung 'are you sure?, he really died from a vaccine? your kids too? you should be hospitalized and force vaccinated for the rest of our safety and being in the hospital they can save you if something goes wrong.' Fuck off and go learn something.
of course we do. most people here are mentally unstable and imo mentally unstable people are particularly vulnerable to misinformation and the kind of stuff anti-vaxxers push.

i'm gigavaxxed and had zero side effects apart from not catching covid even once.
wow, what a total sphincter, please read my response above and take your ignorance go learn something
I didn't get it and won't be forced to inject myself with anything anytime soon.

It's not about the efficacy or the science™, I'm sure that it works to some extent. But the moment that the government decided to make decisions about my body was the moment I knew I wouldn't be complying with this overreach. Besides, I shouldn't be forced to get vaccinated in order to make other people's vaccine work, that's just outrageous.

I guess what really bothers me is the term anti-vaxer when it comes to this specific issue. Sure, someone like me who decided in my adult years to get every single vaccine that I couldn't get as a child is now against the very idea of vaccination, also, a fascist because I support the individual's freedom to decide. lmao.

natural immunity happens, period, it is just as scientific as vaccines, period. My body, my choice. In FACT---Those who are vaccinated are more dangerous to those of us who cannot be vaccinated because they can spread it just from being vaccinated which is why, for my husbands job, anyone who gets vaccinated has to isolate for two weeks before returning to work. Those who are vaccinated are less likely to contract the disease from another vaccinated or an unvaccinated person. It is those of us who MUST rely on our own natural immunity that are at risk from those who are vaccinated because the newly vaccinated shed the virus in their breathing through air droplets and through their feces and I have seen toooooooooo many nasty bitches and nasty men leave public restrooms without washing their hands.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, myopybyproxy, Blondi and 1 other person
Y

yo_no_soy_el_pollo2

Dec 29, 2021
I got all 3 shots (so far). I may not care if I die, but I don't want to go out in a painful way, and I want to reduce the chance that someone else may die because I didn't take it.

• Love
Reactions: whywere and allesistgut
A

allesistgut

Experienced
Jan 22, 2022
i was just recently able to get the booster. i'm likely going to ctb at the end of this year or early next year (or maybe sooner), but might as well try to do my best to help prevent spreading the virus in the meantime.

and also i guess do whatever you want, but in my opinion i feel like all the people who can should get the vaccine as it isn't something that just effects ourselves, but oh well.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sanva and whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
i was just recently able to get the booster. i'm likely going to ctb at the end of this year or early next year (or maybe sooner), but might as well try to do my best to help prevent spreading the virus in the meantime.

and also i guess do whatever you want, but in my opinion i feel like all the people who can should get the vaccine as it isn't something that just effects ourselves, but oh well.
I will not get into any discussion about this as everyone is entitled to their own thoughts, but I 100% agree with @allesistgut, as I got the shots because of messed up lungs from childhood AND, AND the thought of herd immunity, as @allesistgut so thoughtfully said: "It isn't something that just effects ourselves", PERFECT!

Walter

• Love
Reactions: avoid_slow_death, Sanva and allesistgut
M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
Got the vaccine and am pro mandate lol. This is one of the rare instances where the best interests of the people and best interests of ruling class align.
The best interests of the two will never align. When one benefits, the other loses and vice versa. It is a see-saw.
I shouldn't be forced to get vaccinated in order to make other people's vaccine work, that's just outrageous.

Say it louder for the Marxists and actual fascists in the back, in the house, in the senate, on twitter, on reddit - oh shit. It's everywhere. There's no escape. 1984 was half a century before its time.
My brother was killed, YES, KILLED by the MMR vaccine. I have had severe reactions to two separate vaccines as a child myself and told to no longer be vaccinated. My first child had seizures from the very first vaccine he received and was told to no longer vaccinate. My second child has never had a problem with vaccines, my third and last child, a girl also cannot be vaccinated and she is a nurse. Antivaxxer? Really? You want to accuse me of that? I will not publish the death certificate, nor my medical records. Do some fucking research into vaccines, how they are made, what they are made of and stop automatically accusing people of conspiracy theories unless and until you actually do research on the subject yourself and that research does not include Fox news or any other news station for that fact. Read the fucking warnings that come packaged in the vaccines themselves from the manufacturer, study and research that, because even with a Science and Biology degree, I STILL need to look things up. Now take your shit stirring stick and go study and leave us real people with real medical issues alone. Is there not enough assholes and mandates and stupidity or what is going on that HERE of all places this does not need to be started. Do ou have ANY fucking idea how persecuted I am because I canot get vaccinated? I am soooo sick and tired of heariung 'are you sure?, he really died from a vaccine? your kids too? you should be hospitalized and force vaccinated for the rest of our safety and being in the hospital they can save you if something goes wrong.' Fuck off and go learn something.

wow, what a total sphincter, please read my response above and take your ignorance go learn something

natural immunity happens, period, it is just as scientific as vaccines, period. My body, my choice. In FACT---Those who are vaccinated are more dangerous to those of us who cannot be vaccinated because they can spread it just from being vaccinated which is why, for my husbands job, anyone who gets vaccinated has to isolate for two weeks before returning to work. Those who are vaccinated are less likely to contract the disease from another vaccinated or an unvaccinated person. It is those of us who MUST rely on our own natural immunity that are at risk from those who are vaccinated because the newly vaccinated shed the virus in their breathing through air droplets and through their feces and I have seen toooooooooo many nasty bitches and nasty men leave public restrooms without washing their hands.
I am so sorry for the devastation wrought by those insisting a medical procedure was in the best interests and for the good and protection of you and your loved ones. Big Pharma can suck it.

My family has also had adverse reactions - autoimmune disorders (requiring weekly transfusions for the rest of their lives), tics (and later seizures - of course there's no connection whatsoever, correlation not causation!!!!), Guillain-Barre (and later died of glioblastoma, nothing to see here hurr durr), myocardial infarction and subsequent death (he was perfectly healthy too, this one after the covid injection - all others I mention were from regular 'safe' and 'effective' vaccines) - and those are only the immediate ones I know of.

Nobody wants to do a case study, let alone a RCT with proper scientific method - after the cancellation of Wakefield - it's just not politically correct enough for any popular and well-respected journal to publish. But ooh, please do tell me more about the big bad science that supports the profit of those invested in it! Politicians, CEOs of medical companies, and shareholders in said companies should not be the same people. Oh, oops. They are.

It seems the only ones who manage to express or even consider a viewpoint other than 'nanny state knows what's best for me, please force me and all other humans to slowly poison our bodies with unknown ingredients and toxic chemicals with unproven long term safety' are those who have firsthand experience or witnessed the damage and ruined quality of life vaccines can cause.

But just because these are rare reactions means we should force everyone to get it, duh. Because we must protect the few people who actually are at risk of dying from covid! Why is your 1% more important than mine or anyone else's?

And yes, shedding is real. Along with natural immunity, which passes through breastmilk to inoculate the next generation as well - but let's conveniently ignore what doesn't support our opinion. I got the flu as a premature infant - which could very well have been fatal. Wish it was but too late for that now - because my mother was told to get the flu vaccine to protect me. She listened to the people profiting from her decision and she regretted it.

Pro tip: if someone benefits from the outcome of your choices, question STRONGLY their advice nudging you toward those choices.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fragile
lobster salad

lobster salad

overcooked :(
Aug 27, 2020
I just received my booster shot, the number 3 so I guess I am fully vaccinated. This whole thing is damn stupid, I never wanted it but was coerced into taking it by my parents. No alcohol allowed for the next 2 weeks but, but I'm probably gonna break that rule because mmm, screw my body. My bus comes soon, anyhow.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
I never had covid and even if i would get it, I don't care much.. im not anti vax, i have planed to get lyme vax. I think since the virus keeps on changing and evolving, we would have to keep on vaxxing till whenever .. i could imagine that a single shot might be not so harmful but if we have to get a new updated every few months to stay protected, the potential side effects increase as well.
The virus mutates so rapidly because the constant stream of vaccines and boosters put unnatural selective pressure on it. Either it evolves or it dies out. It's not advantageous for a virus to be lethal - it will eventually kill off all viable hosts - rather it mutates to become less deadly and more easily spread (ie omicron).

This is how you get things like MRSA - excessive treatments, whether it be antibiotics or vaccines - evolutionary biology does not discriminate; all species are hardwired for survival. Humans cannot outsmart nature. We have to learn to live in harmony with it. There will always be vulnerable, at-risk, immunocompromised individuals. Let them take responsibility for themselves and take precautions as suit them individually. The sick quarantine and the healthy live their lives.

The more people who are vaccinated the less transmissions and deaths there will be.
Take a look at Israel - their hospitalisation and transmission/death rates contradict this statement. You can look at other countries with high vaccination compliance/enforcement that don't - but what other measures do they employ that may confound the result? Quarantining the ill, providing public sanitation and encouraging personal hygiene, strengthening the immune system, accessible healthcare and social supports, preventative treatments - overall quality of life and socioeconomic status (and surely more which I'm forgetting to list) all must be considered.

It is not as simple as vaccine -> increase/decrease in death/transmission. The truth is nuanced and individual. Mandates do not allow for this.
most people here are mentally unstable
Let me get this straight - because someone has depression, anxiety, bipolar, avoidant personality disorder, etc etc - they somehow magically lose their ability to have valid opinions? To read the literature (published by actual journals, not news sites) and come to an informed conclusion on their own? To make decisions?

Pray tell, do you consider yourself mentally unstable? Or are you of the few martyrs here to talk some sense into those stupid, gullible antivaxxers?

Bold of you to assume that the only reason people hold opinions that differ to yours is due to bein brainwashed by right-wing influencers and talk show hosts. Some people don't watch or keep up with any news stations at all.

You can do an internet search for the literature yourself. Learn some things about study design and statistical significance. Point out to me some studies that actually support the claims needed to substantiate a mandate that violates bodily autonomy. Then come back and let's talk about the right to die. You don't have the right to make medical decisions for yourself, but once said decisions ruin your life, you're free to kill yourself - bon voyage? Solid logic you've got there, mate. For the greater good. Sure it is.
For the record, I got all my vaccines as a child (not that I consented, my parents decided for me). The issue I have with this entire matter is:

- the lack of science backing its short and long term safety and efficacy
- the haste and suspiciousness involved all round (friendly reminder that politics is not medicine. Much of the ridiculousness in society today is due to the muddling of religion, medicine, and politics when each ought to keep strictly to its own sphere)
- supposedly we don't know what caused SARS-CoV-2 (we do; it's called gain of function and was funded by our lord and saviour Anthony Fauci - who is now promoting the vaccine...hm...) and have yet to actually isolate any of the virus (PCR tests are a joke for this purpose) - yet somehow have a solution:
- that requires thrice-yearly boosters (hint: because it doesn't fucking work - do you need that many boosters for literally any other illness? No - you get your shots as a child and you're set for life)
- the lack of consideration for the 1% who must suffer severe and permanent adverse reactions to the vaccine for the sake of the 1% who are unable to get the vaccine - if you want to play the 'lives are at stake' game, we can do that too
- because covid is not actually as dangerous as the inflated statistics reported by fear-mongering media would have you believe - a positive PCR test post mortem will result in the cause of death listed as covid; those who actually died DUE TO covid had multiple comorbidities (mostly obesity, but shh, let's ignore that - it's not politically correct to say negative things about fat people - or as is apparently less offensive, 'larger bodies')
- the vaccine was first put forth in one country by a partisan leader and dismissed by the other partisan leaders, then once a member of the latter group took the same position as the former leader, suddenly the roles reversed and the party that initially dismissed the vaccine was now in favour of it (leaving out specifics on purpose so as to point out the idiocy and hypocrisy in this sequence of events)
- each party expects or desires its (word starts with a c but can't recall it) constituent citizens (? no) to blindly tow the party line and nod along obediently to whatever policy du jour the rich and powerful of the party have decided is correct
- individuals are forbidden to or otherwise not deemed capable of making their own decisions regarding their bodies, health, and medical procedures

There are more but my eyes are tired. Also, whenever anyone says things such as 'for your own good', 'in your best interests', 'keep you safe', 'trust me' - that sends up a red flag large enough to prevent all the homeless from freezing to death. But idk, maybe some people find that patronising, paternalistic, and patriarchal bullshit reassuring. After all, what do I know? I'm just mentally unstable and this is all my mental illness talking. Lmao. These people are gonna have a ball when war breaks out.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: FractalTears and Dr Iron Arc
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
I haven't taken any vaccine and I don't even intend to get vaccinated there are people dying with side effects and they just say it's an isolated case

Reactions: FractalTears, Foresight and myopybyproxy
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
Yup—three of them. I'm fine except things like forks, knives, and toy airplanes stick to my forehead now…

• Wow
Reactions: Sanva
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Yep. Simply because I live in an area with a lot of people who are susceptible to the virus and also are much older or have poor immune systems. Just because I want to die doesn't mean I am a misanthropic douche bag who doesn't give a flying fuck about others. Enough people in this forum alone with that selfish mentality.

• Yay!
Reactions: Sanva and deleted
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
Yep. Simply because I live in an area with a lot of people who are susceptible to the virus and also are much older or have poor immune systems. Just because I want to die doesn't mean I am a misanthropic douche bag who doesn't give a flying fuck about others. Enough people in this forum alone with that selfish mentality.
Like I got some social contract shit just because I was born into this shit

avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Like I got some social contract shit just because I was born into this shit
I'm simply not a whiny self centered prick bitching about how shitty people are and doing the same exact thing. Hypocrisy doesn't sit well with me.

• Yay!
Reactions: deleted
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
I got the first two because I have a bad lung and want to ctb anyways, so even if the worst case comes and it is a Bill Gates globohomo killswitch supervirus I wouldn't care if it was. I don't intend on getting boosters tho.

Reactions: Ashu
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Ah, the hot topic for discussion... I'm getting my second dose this sunday. It was a ridiculous logistical nightmare to get the first doze, though.
It's a weird feeling - people seem to be very passionate about this topic one way or the other, and I'm just very ambivalent about the whole thing, and I pretty much only got the vaccine to get people off my case. I am indifferent to it's effectiveness or side effects, I am not afraid of vaccine hurting me and not afraid of COVID. That's the upside of despair - it's hard to scare you with anything. I am not mad at pro-vaxxers or anti-vaxxers. Frankly, it would be very unlikely for me to either catch COVID or pass it on to anyone else because I am very socially isolated - my only contact with the humanity is my roommate who is vaccinated and boosted now, and I only leave the house to shop for groceries and necessities in a self-checkout supermarket that I only go to at about 3 in the morning because due to time zone difference with my employer that's my only free time.

Reactions: lobster salad, Nemeshisu, Dr Iron Arc and 3 others
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
This is a passionate topic for a lot of people. I respect everyone's choice and personal beliefs. I respect their freedom to choose as they see fit. Just as I respect their choice about life.
The perfect reply for this place.

Reactions: Élégie