• Genderfluid

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 10 9.2%

• Total voters
ChiseHatori

ChiseHatori

Mar 2, 2023
I've been told I'm "transition goals" from an MTF.

I'm an FTM.

I just don't want to transition. She didn't know of course, I am not extremely open with my gender unless I feel it's necessary to disclose. Her comment was both hilarious and depressing. I have such a "perfect feminine body", and I don't even really want it.

I feel though that in recent years I've slowly accepted my body, but I also feel like I may be manipulating myself into feeling that way to cope. It often feels like I'm guy playing a girl character in a game but obviously in real life. I have accepted that both gender presentation and sex are going to become more blurred as time goes on, and I'm happy about that.

It does suck that society is in a rough point for trans issues right now, and it's caused us all to come here. I remember even 10 years ago when I first came out to close friends that - even though they didn't understand it yet since they never heard of it - they were accepting and tried to understand. Now, there's a lot of hostility around the subject... and you often either get people completely pitying you and trying to protect you, or much, much worse on the other end of the scale. I'd like to just be accepted, honestly.

And I know it's worse out there for my trans sisters than it is for me. My trans sister in law was murdered recently. I don't have much else to say besides that. I just hope it gets better, sooner rather than later. I won't hold out false hope but like I said, I think the trend will go upwards, it might just be a long and difficult battle, and not everyone will make it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Unending, Fwompje and EternalOblivion
Next-to-Nil

Next-to-Nil

Begrudgingly Everlasting
Mar 2, 2023
Born female, always felt like it was a bit "off", but I'd never go for a full transition. I guess I have genitalia envy though. I really don't care what gender people assume I am which is the main reason I go by "Lex"

• Love
Reactions: Fwompje
D

didn't-it-rain

Nov 5, 2022
Hi. I am trans non-binary, AMAB, and have been conscious of it to some level for almost a decade now, though in the past year or so I've been getting pretty severe imposter syndrome and wondering if I'm just a cis man: I mean, just because I think critically about gender and think the binary is silly, and don't know what it feels like to "feel like" any gender, and don't align with sterotypically masculine gender roles or traits doesn't mean I'm trans, right? On the other hand, maybe we are what we say we are, and that's the gist of it. Anyway, I'm sure a lot of this is just (unfortunately) internalized transphobia but idk.

FWIW, just scrolling through the last couple pages of the introduction thread I also see there are not only more new users listing their pronouns, but people who identify as trans. Not sure how much of it is because this forum skews younger and more and more teenagers are discovering they're trans (mind you, I believe this is because people are finally discovering language for their identity; I would not want people to read this and come to the conclusion that this is just a young person's fad) or because trans people on average suffer much higher rates of depression and suicide... but probably both. While I'm sad that people decide to join this forum in general, I hope that the more and more trans people who join, the less incel this place feels.

• Love
EternalOblivion

EternalOblivion

But does anything matter if you're already dead?
Jan 13, 2023
Nonbinary. It took me most of my 20s to figure out which identity felt right. For a while I thought I wanted to be a man. At the moment: I wouldn't say I'm completely satisfied with my gender expression. There are certain changes I'd like to make to my appearance through cosmetic surgery. These ideals are just that, though—realistically I don't see myself being able to afford it. In the meantime, I stay true to what makes me feel comfortable. I tried performing femininity to others standards throughout most of my life; all that did was make me feel miserable and broken. I do get ostracized or disrespected often because of my masculine-leaning appearance, but I'd rather be mistreated for being my authentic self than for being something I'm not.

Treated as a fool
Not quite a woman or a man.

— Pa'lante by Hurray for the Riff Raff

• Love
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I've been told I'm "transition goals" from an MTF.

I'm an FTM.
Reminds me of the time that all the ER staff kept thinking I was a trans guy. They kept calling me she so I was confused but then tried to verify if I was amab or afab for some reason and seemed confused when I was saying amab.

Also makes me think of the psych ward visit afterwards where my roommate (also trans) thought I had just started transitioning and seemed shocked when I told her I'd been transitioning for years lol.

• Yay!
toro

toro

dr pepper drinker
Feb 11, 2023
in all honestly im not sure, i picked GF because out of every label, i think that describes me best. i introduce myself as female because thats how i look, and id rather be dysphoric than looked at like a crazy person (i live in a very openly and violently transphobic/generally anti lgbt town), so ive resigned myself to the fact that ill never be out.

if i had the opportunity i would live my life as a man completely, id do anything to have been born a man, it makes me cry when i remember what i really am, but ill never have that chance so ive settled into my role as weird 'transtrender' (cannot believe that is still a word... i thought it died after 2016)

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: bugs_for_brains, WorthlessTrash and Fwompje
Anathema™

Anathema™

Lurking
Feb 9, 2022
Uh, denial?
I don't know, kinda confused
Doesn't really matter in the end does it - Voted anyway

Reactions: bugs_for_brains