• Undecided

• Spiritual

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
FlyAwayHoney

FlyAwayHoney

To be or not to be
Nov 6, 2023
If you answer, feel free to leave a message with context if you want. I'm curious!

NocturnILL

NocturnILL

She will become the wind…
Sep 11, 2023
I am not religious but I do consider myself to be spiritual so to speak. I believe there's a higher power out there that's bigger and beyond us. I believe there is God/Goddesses, the Universe , spirit beings and/or ghosts, Souls, reincarnation etc. I feel like we're just physical bodies but beyond everything physical we have Souls at the core.
If I was religious I feel like my practices would probably lean more towards Buddhism or Hinduism but no.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, loopdaloop, tiger b and 1 other person
Timelapse

Timelapse

Well, time can heal, but this won't.
Nov 3, 2023
My father is a pastor and has been for decades.
For the first 14 years of my life, my father would force me to go to church. To the point where he would beat us if we woke up too late or tried to weasel our way out of it. We went there every Saturday morning, sometimes Friday and Wednesday nights, for extra church. As if repeating the same crap over and over for decades for the same flock was a productive way of life. I felt like I was going insane.

One day, after getting up on stage and telling everyone to "stop hitting your children as punishment, they will only grow to resent and hate you", he decided that I no longer had to "attend" church. That he was releasing me from my Godly duties.

He changed church not long after that. He went to one, 2 cities over.

My mother changed religion for him. From "Catholic" to "Seventh-day Adventist Christian". I can tell she believes but the way she acts towards other people who aren't like her in the slightest makes me feel like shes bound for hell. She holds everyone with tattoos, piercings, colored hair, smokes weed etc. in contempt, like they are filth and should be avoided at all cost. Girls are pink and boys are blue type of mindset.

The idea itself of religion sounds so man made. Children stories that the uneducated took for gospel. When the leaders of the old world saw how profitable it was for a doctrine to be followed is such a vast majority, they ran with it. No matter which was the first religion. It's just a copy pasta world.

Reactions: loopdaloop, tiger b and FlyAwayHoney
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm between being spiritual and an atheist. I don't like or believe in orthodox religion. But, I'm not a complete cynic. There's plenty in this world we don't understand. Maybe there is a scientific explanation for it or- maybe it's something else. I have an open mind. My Nana did seem to have a psychic sense to her, so I guess that is where my spiritual appeal mainly comes from.

Reactions: movinout17, tiger b and FlyAwayHoney
Fimbulvetr

Fimbulvetr

Nov 7, 2023
I'm not religious, but I would say I am spiritual! I think ghosts probably exist too. Maybe not on our plane of reality tho

Reactions: WonderingSoul and FlyAwayHoney
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
mines kinda complex and probably different :ahhha:
spiritual with my own views, not a specific religion (that im aware of)

in simple form im wiccan. i believe in magick (although not the way its typically portrayed), however i dont believe in any deities/gods/goddesses. instead i believe that everyone is their own "god" making their own choices. if you need "someone else" to tell you to be a nice person, then idk what to tell you. im grateful you could find something that works for you, but thats still coming from you, youre still making the choice to do that.
as for the afterlife i dont believe in hell for any situation because "human mistakes" and how can you blame people for struggling? however, its a little more complex than that. i question if i believe in ghosts (i have had hallucinations), but i do know that theres a lot of dead people and that # is only going to get bigger... i believe everyone has their own "version" of heaven. some people come back, "go to sleep forever", reincarnate, live in their own paradise. whatevers most suitable for the individual.

• Love
Reactions: WonderingSoul, movinout17 and FlyAwayHoney
FlyAwayHoney

FlyAwayHoney

To be or not to be
Nov 6, 2023
I am not religious but I do consider myself to be spiritual so to speak. I believe there's a higher power out there that's bigger and beyond us. I believe there is God/Goddesses, the Universe , spirit beings and/or ghosts, Souls, reincarnation etc. I feel like we're just physical bodies but beyond everything physical we have Souls at the core.
If I was religious I feel like my practices would probably lean more towards Buddhism or Hinduism but no.
I see it as the same way for the most part honestly.
I'm between being spiritual and an atheist. I don't like or believe in orthodox religion. But, I'm not a complete cynic. There's plenty in this world we don't understand. Maybe there is a scientific explanation for it or- maybe it's something else. I have an open mind. My Nana did seem to have a psychic sense to her, so I guess that is where my spiritual appeal mainly comes from.
Yeah for sure. I think there is an essence to life and existence that we don't understand and maybe never will, but I don't subscribe
to a certain religion or believe in a singular identity as "god".

The idea itself of religion sounds so man made. Children stories that the uneducated took for gospel. When the leaders of the old world saw how profitable it was for a doctrine to be followed is such a vast majority, they ran with it. No matter which was the first religion. It's just a copy pasta world.
I'm sorry you went through all of that. I do agree with this last statement. I think religion was made to explain what we didn't know back then. Now we have the scientific knowledge to understand our existence a bit more. I don't think religion is all bad (though a lot of bad has been done from it) and I don't like hate or judge religious folks.

• Love
Reactions: NocturnILL and Forever Sleep
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I was. Then I became agnostic. And then atheist if that means not believing most things that come from human brain farts.

Reactions: FlyAwayHoney
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No absolutely not, anything related to religion is completely fictional to me, I believe religion was just invented by humans who were unable to accept that existence is very meaningless and purposeless, where existing beings are just waiting to eternally cease existing.

Reactions: NumbItAll, Skathon, sserafim and 1 other person
Rapière

Rapière

On the brink
Jul 7, 2022
I had spiritual aspirations in the past, but found them to be more exhausting than elevating in the long run.

Left

Left

4 Dead 3 please release.
Oct 13, 2023
No. With each passing year, it's becoming easier and easier to explain complex phenomena with secular science and observation, and it all makes rational sense.

If you watch someone (or any animal) die, it's reasonable to believe that there is just an eternal unconsciousness at death, as that is what we all can see; all supernatural claims that are made have the burden of proof.

Despite all of this, I have no animosity toward the religious or spiritual, and I remain open to the minuscule possibility that there is something beyond human consciousness. Hopefully, if there is an anthropomorphic God(s), it is reasonable and won't punish me for my endless desire to pursue knowledge.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlyAwayHoney and movinout17
Sylveon

Sylveon

...Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
Only during exams...

• Yay!
Reactions: Aesthetic guy and FlyAwayHoney
C

CPY

Student
Oct 30, 2023
Ironically I'm not religious(more precisely I'd define myself as agnostic) but I attended some church group meeting just because it's the space in which I interact with people.They sometimes set up some trips or some other activities.My mother sent me there thinking it'd solve my issues

Generally church in my country act as a huge dumping ground for people with various kind of issue that won't fit anywhere else

SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
I'm not religious or spiritual. I agree that it's possible what we're seeing is far from the truth though. We are only doing what we can to broaden the frontier of our knowledge based on evidence. Compared with plain atheist or agnostic, I'm more of a naturalist and antitheist (that's being keen on observation and trying to prove false the concept of religious and spiritual gods).

traumer

traumer

the thorn
Nov 18, 2023
not really. i never felt any religious belief even though i grew up in a really strict muslim family. in my perspective the creator in islam (i can't write it down because i feel anxious using it's name lol) was more like a villain and i grew up with so much fear a kid wouldn't be able to keep feeling.

R

Riig

Gott, es tut mir leid.
Nov 15, 2023
Asking People if they are religious on a website about Suicide seems a tad ironic when most established Religions specifically espouse the importance of life.

WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
I was raised in a christian family (They don't act like it though) and was a christian until I turned 16. After that, I just stopped believing in Christianity, but I still feel some form of spirituality exists. So I'm just spiritual/agnostic for now.

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore
nux_walpurgis

nux_walpurgis

Me, my whispers and a broken God
Oct 18, 2023
I was raised Orthodox Christian and actually used to be very devout. But I have drifted away from religion lately. I don't know if it is real anymore. I don't know what to believe in. I am leaning more towards agnosticism, but still, I find myself thinking very christian-centric-ally (?) I don't know how to express it. And I still harbor respect for the religion I grew up in. I am very conflicted. It is very deeply ingrained in me, and constantly, in the back of my mind I have these thoughts that I am paving my way to hell if I reject this religion.

EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
I was raised in a christian family (They don't act like it though) and was a christian until I turned 16. After that, I just stopped believing in Christianity, but I still feel some form of spirituality exists. So I'm just spiritual/agnostic for now.
yeah, it's a shame how so many Christians don't act like it at all! :( Supposedly, there's a lot of Catholics and non-denoms where I live, but I've found that hardly any of them actually behave as their beliefs should guide them and I hate it! :( It's nice that they still believe in God and may even go to Heaven, but it just makes my life all the more miserable! :(((

• Hugs
Reactions: WonderingSoul
Aesthetic guy

Aesthetic guy

Just hanging around...
Dec 13, 2022
was extremely religious back in time. even they gave me the mosque key (muslim country). but now, i'm atheist.

𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
I'm agnostic. I believe that neither god nor his nature can be known to human kind. I was raised among christians but the thought of someone judging me based on my beliefs and not my actions during my life didn't sit right with me. For me to be good person and go to hell for not believing or not being great person but believing and going to heaven was always weird concept.
In the end, I'm just a human being, a little fraction of this world and I will find out for myself when my time comes.

Smelly_ballz

Smelly_ballz

No hope in heaven, No fear of hell
Oct 30, 2023
I am not religious or spiritual. Sometimes I wonder if there really is something out there, but if there was, I do not care. If it doesn't care about me why would I care about it? I don't care as long as I am not suffering.