• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Are you pro-choice or or anti-abortion?

• Pro-choice

• Anti-abortion

• Abortion is only moral in certain situations

Results are only viewable after voting.
kilowatt

kilowatt

A gun is the greatest negociator
Sep 9, 2023
No need to go into political debates, simply answering the poll would help!
Personally I am pro-choice. I don't think ''pro-life'' is an appropriate term for people that don't support abortions.

*If moderators think this topic is not appropriate feel free to delete my post. My intention is to simply get some statistics

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Pro-choice. Duh. Whoever is anti-abortion is literally infringing on women's reproductive rights and freedoms. I don't know why the people in power/lawmakers want to force women to have children that they don't want to. This is messed up. I'm an anti-natalist and I would hate to be forced to have a kid against my will. I would just go secretly get an abortion lol. Just because abortion is illegal in some states doesn't prevent them

Last edited:
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
What if I think that everyone should go for abortion if possible bc it's entirely and utterly inhumane to force a being into this society? I still wouldn't and won't force abortion on ppl bc I'm not that narrow-minded and I do respect that ppl have different opinions and their reasonings for things (unless they're anti-abortion aka worst kind of pro-lifers imo, I'm sorry but I have zero respect for those ppl) but I am very much pro-abortion. In terms of ctb I'm pro-choice though.

ColorlessTrees

ColorlessTrees

Stuck
Jan 4, 2022
I'm pretty sure if you ask this site, considering its demographic, most, (but not all) people will be pro choice. Antinatalism is a common sentiment here, so that more or less comes with the territory.

I'm female, and whether I want kids or not, I know I'd be an unfit mother. On top of that, I'd be genetically screwing over my children. So out of love and personal responsibility I'm pro choice, both in case anything happens, and for a variety of other reasons—none of which include 'antinatalism' (anymore) . I don't take that as an excuse to be stupid, nor anyone else, but mistakes or contraceptive failures happen, or worse. While I can empathize with the opposing arguments, it's utterly misguided to enact a nigh 'total ban' as many places are pushing for, or have succeeded in.
Living in the southern USA, I know all too well the damage it has caused to women—actively traumatizing those who have miscarried, endangering them, or killing them at worst.

St. Ahithophel

St. Ahithophel

‭‭II Samuel‬ ‭17:23‬
Dec 18, 2023
Abortion is such a heinous crime that doctors who perform abortions should simply be put to death for their crimes against humanity, but I know this is an alien sentiment on SS.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Abortion is such a heinous crime that doctors who perform abortions should simply be put to death for their crimes against humanity, but I know this is an alien sentiment on SS.
How is abortion a crime against humanity? Fetuses are not alive

Last edited:
Reactions: MyTimeIsUp and juna
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I think it should be moderated and not radicalised neither one way or another. I've seen people with mugs making fun of abortion or killing babies and I think that is sick. No one should joke about murdering a life. I think abortion is fair under certain circumstances but I still consider it murder and therefore tragic.

If something out of control happens like a method failing or forgetfulness, there is no reason to simply not take the morning after pill. Cases of rape are the ones that, to me, justify abortion the most.

Reactions: kilowatt
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I think it should be moderated and not radicalised neither one way or another. I've seen people with mugs making fun of abortion or killing babies and I think that is sick. No one should joke about murdering a life. I think abortion is fair under certain circumstances but I still consider it murder and therefore tragic.

If something out of control happens like a method failing or forgetfulness, there is no reason to simply not take the morning after pill. Cases of rape are the ones that, to me, justify abortion the most.
Embryos and fetuses aren't alive, so abortion isn't killing babies. Life starts when the fetus gains consciousness (late on into the pregnancy when abortion is already not permitted) or when you're brought into the world

ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

Oct 17, 2023
Embryos and fetuses aren't alive, so abortion isn't killing babies
Mental gymnastics doesn't change the fact that those are living beings and that it is murder. You're not carrying a dead thing in your uterus. Life is created at conception, people just want to pretend they aren't alive so they can feel better about murdering an innocent creature.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Mental gymnastics doesn't change the fact that those are living beings and that it is murder. You're not carrying a dead thing in your uterus. Life is created at conception, people just want to pretend they aren't alive so they can feel better about murdering an innocent creature.
Can something be called a "living being" when it's living in someone else? Fetuses gain consciousness late on into the pregnancy when abortion is already not allowed

ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

Oct 17, 2023
Can a being be called a "living being" when it's living in someone else? Fetuses gain consciousness late on into the pregnancy when abortion is already not allowed
Yes it can, life is created at conception, abortion is murder. A living creature doesn't need consciousness to be alive.

Just wanted to share my perspective, don't want to turn this thread into a debate between me and you. I know my opinion isn't in the majority, that's also why I wanted to share it.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Yes it can, life is created at conception, abortion is murder. A living creature doesn't need consciousness to be alive.

Just wanted to share my perspective, don't want to turn this thread into a debate between me and you. I know my opinion isn't in the majority, that's also why I wanted to share it.
Okay, but your opinion is wrong. Anyways, I'm not going to discuss this with you anymore. You're free to believe whatever you want. We can agree to disagree

Last edited:
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

Oct 17, 2023
Okay, but your opinion is wrong. Anyways, I'm not going to discuss this with you anymore. You're free to believe whatever you want. We can agree to disagree
Your answer would be better without blantly saying my opinion is wrong 🙂
I didn't say yours is wrong even though I don't agree with it. Just believe what you want to believe, no need to be passive aggressive

SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
It doesn't matter whether abortion is murder or not.

Follow (consequentialist) antinatalism to its logical conclusion and we would reach the pro-death view on abortion: given that coming into existence is always a serious harm for every being that can be harmed, and the fetus is not sentient until the late stage of pregnancy so death is not a harm to it in any meaningful way, you would have a moral duty to abort the fetus to prevent that being from coming into existence (and failing to abort can only be justified if you're preventing greater harm by choosing not to do so).

Last edited:
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
I don't really want to touch this but I think if you say pro choice you should clarify what that means. The vast majority of people support abortion being legal in some circumstances with limits and regulations, so most people you would talk to would be trying to define what that line is. Big difference between heartbeat, 10 weeks, 12 weeks, 14 weeks, no limits until birth, no limits until the cord is cut. I enjoy the conversation about abortion because it's difficult to pick a cutoff and a reason for the cutoff but it doesn't seem like this is a crowd for that haha.

• Love
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Of course I support abortion.
It doesn't bother me at all.
I'm not going to argue whether it's murder or not.
It doesn't change anything for me, even if it was murder.
My morals are a bit peculiar.

However, I believe that it is a mistake to use abortion as "contraception".
Some political circles treat abortion this way and I don't really like it.
They do more harm than good.

I am generally a liberal person.
I follow the rule: "the freedom of your fist ends where the freedom of my nose begins."
Of course, this statement leaves a lot of room for interpretation.
My interpretation doesn't have to be right ;)

Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
totally pro choice, an abortion should be recommended if the woman doesn't want to have a child. if u don't want a child, u can't give a good life.

3/4Dead

3/4Dead

This Body Needs An Overhaul
Feb 27, 2024
Pro choice, but I think people (and I mean anti abortion exremists) sometimes really struggle to grapple with the idea that they. don't. have. to. do. it.

If YOU think abortion is wrong and don't want to get one, cool, that's the point of pro choice, that you should be able to decide that for yourself, and that others who also need to make this decision should be able to decide for themselves.

If you're ever in an argument with someone about this and want to see if they're an unreachable, irrational, extremist or not, ask them if their sister/daughter was brutally raped, lets say around age twelve, and became pregnant would they be against her abortion of the child. Rational people will usually choke up at this question but extremists will always say carry to term.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Pro choice, but I think people (and I mean anti abortion exremists) sometimes really struggle to grapple with the idea that they. don't. have. to. do. it.

If YOU think abortion is wrong and don't want to get one, cool, that's the point of pro choice, that you should be able to decide that for yourself, and that others who also need to make this decision should be able to decide for themselves.

If you're ever in an argument with someone about this and want to see if they're an unreachable, irrational, extremist or not, ask them if their sister/daughter was brutally raped, lets say around age twelve, and became pregnant would they be against her abortion of the child. Rational people will usually choke up at this question but extremists will always say carry to term.
Why do they say carry to term? Why do they believe that all possible life must be birthed?

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Why do they say carry to term? Why do they believe that all possible life must be birthed?
Usually they're religious, and their religious beliefs say that the only one who has the right to take a life is God

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Usually they're religious, and their religious beliefs say that the only one who has the right to take a life is God
It's not fair for them to impose their ideology onto someone else and violate their bodily autonomy. I hate how religious people use their religion and beliefs to control others

kilowatt

kilowatt

A gun is the greatest negociator
Sep 9, 2023
How is abortion a crime against humanity? Fetuses are not alive
As I said this is no thread for debating.. This is a really controversial topic and I see no point in forcing your beliefs into others, even if they're correct or not. As you can see from the poll, it's quite obvious what the dominant opinion is and so no need to waste your time trying to prove it.
I don't really want to touch this but I think if you say pro choice you should clarify what that means. The vast majority of people support abortion being legal in some circumstances with limits and regulations, so most people you would talk to would be trying to define what that line is. Big difference between heartbeat, 10 weeks, 12 weeks, 14 weeks, no limits until birth, no limits until the cord is cut. I enjoy the conversation about abortion because it's difficult to pick a cutoff and a reason for the cutoff but it doesn't seem like this is a crowd for that haha.
I agree, it's an overly general pick, but I didn't feel like making things even more confusing. My intention was mere curiosity on the topic. Again, I don't feel like spiking up any controversy, whoever had anything to add with their vote could do it soundly and public
Can something be called a "living being" when it's living in someone else?
If you look around you that would be called a parasite LOL

Last edited:
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Aborting an unwanted pregnancy is doing a huge favour to the unborn child. So many of us unplanned and unwanted people wouldn't have to go through a traumatizing childhood that leads to emotional and mental issues mostly ending in suicide. So many not ready parents wouldn't have to go through the trouble of raising a child they never planned nor wanted in the first place. So it would have been the easier and better option for all parties involved if that child was aborted and never been born in the first place. You are against abortion? Then stay away from unwanted pregnancies.

K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I am a female. My body belongs to me and I have the right to choose whether to carry a pregnancy to full term. Though I do believe that there should be a cut off date - between 24 to 26 weeks as I understand that the foetus can feel pain at this point Nd also has a realistic chance of survival.

1MiserableGuy

Experienced
Dec 30, 2023
Do you want my opinion, or an echo chamber?