ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
i literally can't stop thinking that someone at home will find my things, or see through me before i get the chance to ctb. honestly, i probably even am looking suspicious now to them.

does the same happens to anyone here? how do you cope?

i don't know what'd do if they found out. running away sounds pointless, but I'd had no other option, i guess.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: botanormal, death137, Kat! and 7 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I'm scared that my things will be taken away because it wasn't easy getting all the supplies so I don't want to lose them. They're my source of stability right now, i need to have them just to have them and feel better

• Hugs
Reactions: botanormal, ecmnesia, Silvermorning and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Well, my parents caught me when I failed to CTB and now it's really difficult to win their trust back. They know I wanna CTB but, little by little, I get small glimpses of freedom.
Once I'm free 100%, I'm sorry for my family but, I'm gone.

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens, ecmnesia and Silvermorning
D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
No but i think my family suspects and understands. Still taboo though. =/

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
I am, but only because I would then be at the mercy of the system and my abuser(s), lose what little autonomy I currently have, and likely be subjected to even more abuse.

In my case, I live alone, so I am not fearful that someone will find anything suspicious, but one thing I do is to never say a word to anyone, ever in real life about my plans and to put on a fake smile if/when I have to.

<3

• Love
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Not at all. Perks of having your own place. Nobody is going to know unless I tell them, and nobody is going to just stumble on my supplies.

My main concern is failing. That's when things might become difficult for me. I'm not a multiple attempter, and I only intend to do this once.

Reactions: chrisbate7, NodusTollens, stygal and 3 others
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
My family knows I don't want to stay so I think they understand a little bit why. They also know I'd rather do it my way than exit accidentally unintentionally. So do they suspect? Perhaps. It's not something we talk about.

• Hugs
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Not really, although if for some unforeseen reason my guns get taken from me I'd be seriously pissed.

• Love
SuicideRed

SuicideRed

Nov 21, 2020
I live alone. If and when I go, it will be unremarkable...

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic, NodusTollens, ecmnesia and 2 others
I

imjustanemptyshell

A nobody
Nov 9, 2020
I've attempted before so yea my family suspects I guess. And it's hard to mask all the emotions with ctbing. So yea I'm scared.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, NodusTollens and ecmnesia
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Living "alone" I don't fear a thing with regards to my stash being found; however, I am a renter, so due to thin walls (I tend to think out loud to fill the silence) I worry the other tenant will hear me singing songs about CTB or my babbling on about the futility of life. Don't want them to wise up to my plans.

As for my "circle," I have a tendency to go radio silent when just I can't do it anymore, be a functioning adult. So I've had friends showed up out of the blue to check on me.

I've learned over the years, play your part &they're none the wiser. I can smile, I can laugh... but is it ever more than an act?

• Hugs
Reactions: Darknessallaround and ecmnesia
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

Aug 30, 2020
I've learned over the years, play your part &they're none the wiser. I can smile, I can laugh... but is it ever more than an act?
wow. that line. just wow. well written.

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
A bit. I had a run in with higher-up law enforcement here, so I'm probably on their watchlist but, the only thing I get worried about is being committed.
If I get committed I'll lose my access to firearms forever, unless I can expunge it from my record which can take years.

I don't have anything on my record besides a voluntary because the thing they wanted to pin me for had inadequate evidence. Also my school fucked up hard time.
I kinda wish I had gone to jail though, would probably be better off locked away.

• Aww..
Reactions: NodusTollens and ecmnesia
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Happened yesterday and they took my SN away and poured it down the drain. Now they're on really high alert. I'm still miserable and suffering. Literally ran to bathroom few mins ago to throw up from anxiety. Like I don't want to live like this anymore

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: justsad&done, Deleted member 13412, demuic and 2 others
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

Aug 30, 2020
Happened yesterday and they took my SN away and poured it down the drain. Now they're on really high alert. I'm still miserable and suffering. Literally ran to bathroom few mins ago to throw up from anxiety. Like I don't want to live like this anymore
fuck i'm so sorry

VisionsOfHell

VisionsOfHell

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
Yes, its why I havent ordered SN and meto yet. I dont want to get tortured in a psych ward, so I might have to stick with partial.

• Aww..
Reactions: ecmnesia and NodusTollens
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Yes before i was scared out of my wits. But now well..
They already know. They do not care. I think it's because i look incompetent in their eyes. I wouldn't be able to do such a thing.
I had a roll of nylon rope just sitting under our sofa for a year now and no one noticed. It's absurd.

I guess being infantilized has its benefits too.

• Hugs
Reactions: ecmnesia and NodusTollens
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020

Sorry to hear that love, I can't imagine what you must be feeling. :/ I hope despite how things feel right now, that you know you're not alone. You've got us.
:hug:

Reactions: AutoTap and ecmnesia
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
That's one reason why I haven't bought SN, even though I'm very concerned about whether it will still be available or not in the next few years. I'm now back at home and I have nowhere to hide it, my mom goes through all of my stuff.

• Hugs
Reactions: AutoTap, NodusTollens and ecmnesia
degeneratewaste

degeneratewaste

dressed for the grave.
Aug 24, 2020
luckily for me, in that regard, I live on my own so no one will find out unless I personally let slip. but sometimes I get the feeling that I almost want people to check if I'm okay. I don't know.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NodusTollens, MindFrog and ecmnesia
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

Aug 30, 2020
That's one reason why I haven't bought SN, even though I'm very concerned about whether it will still be available or not in the next few years. I'm now back at home and I have nowhere to hide it, my mom goes through all of my stuff.
can relate, i only bought it before setting a date because I was scared they'd restrict it. sorry that you are in this situation as well
luckily for me, in that regard, I live on my own so no one will find out unless I personally let slip. but sometimes I get the feeling that I almost want people to check if I'm okay. I don't know.
you think you still want to recover? if that's so, maybe you should give it a shot, reach out for someone who cares about you.

Reactions: demuic
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
can relate, i only bought it before setting a date because I was scared they'd restrict it. sorry that you are in this situation as well

Ugh, same. If it were 50 years ago...*sigh*

• Hugs
Reactions: ecmnesia
degeneratewaste

degeneratewaste

dressed for the grave.
Aug 24, 2020
you think you still want to recover? if that's so, maybe you should give it a shot, reach out for someone who cares about you.
my situation is kind of fucked with recovery sadly. I have tried for nearly 8 years to get help. for 5 of those years I got completely ignored and told to go away. for 2 of them I got thrown SSRIs without therapy which was illegal for my age, which didn't help at all, and now I'm at the worst point ever I reached out again with the last of my energy, got referred to mental health team and they speak to me for like 20 minutes once every 3 weeks which does absolutely nothing, makes me feel worse actually since they know I'm at the brink of killing myself. it feels hopeless, I would not get any help unless I actually made a serious attempt and even then that's debatable. my country's mental health care sucks complete ass so basically I'm trapped. also sorry I just realised I'm clogging the thread with my stupid ranting.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens, MindFrog and ecmnesia
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

Aug 30, 2020
Ugh, same. If it were 50 years ago...*sigh*
through the years it will only get harder and harder to die, while mental health support won't evolve at all. not sure why people value life so much, but whatever
my situation is kind of fucked with recovery sadly. I have tried for nearly 8 years to get help. for 5 of those years I got completely ignored and told to go away. for 2 of them I got thrown SSRIs without therapy which was illegal for my age, which didn't help at all, and now I'm at the worst point ever I reached out again with the last of my energy, got referred to mental health team and they speak to me for like 20 minutes once every 3 weeks which does absolutely nothing, makes me feel worse actually since they know I'm at the brink of killing myself. it feels hopeless, I would not get any help unless I actually made a serious attempt and even then that's debatable. my country's mental health care sucks complete ass so basically I'm trapped. also sorry I just realised I'm clogging the thread with my stupid ranting.
don't worry, really. this is a space for anyone to vent if it pleases them, it's not about me and I'm glad that you trust this forum to the point where you are able to talk about your feelings. that's what this place is for.

although that helps with absolutely nothing, I am deeply sorry for the way they've been mistreating you, you do not deserve to have your despair and pain disregarded like this, no matter your age, ethnicity, nationality or anything for the record. mental health should be avaiable for everyone, even more for those that like you are seeking for help.

I am afraid I can't offer you anything but my compassion, but I'm here if you need to talk. If I could I'd hug you. You deserve better.

Last edited:
  • Love
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
through the years it will only get harder and harder to die, while mental health support won't evolve at all. not sure why people value life so much, but whatever

Cheers to that.
More & more people are suffering with no clear cut means of assistance in anything other lifelong imprisonment in a life we didn't choose without improvements or supports.

Reactions: ecmnesia