slowlystarve

slowlystarve

abomination
Dec 10, 2018
i'm extremely lonely. i'm too scared of people to go out and make friends with them. i don't think i'd have much success even if i had the guts to try. i've never seemed to be able to connect with people, even as a kid. the loneliness feels agonizing most days. are you lonely? if so, how do you cope with it?

• Hugs
Reactions: K-O, artificialpasta, Lizzie S. and 17 others
ouvreyes

ouvreyes

シシ
Oct 7, 2018
I'm lonely and just. Don't cope ✌︎

Reactions: oldgray, Bluedew, Dartz and 4 others
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
Very lonely. I'm so depressed and anxious I cannot socialize even though i'm desperate to be around people. It's agony some days. My depression makes me crave solitude but at the same time i fucking hate it.

• Aww..
Reactions: Zebedee, Doormat, okkkk and 13 others
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
I am lonely. But I never had a hard time getting "friends" , I liked to socialize as a kid and teen .... I liked people... fuck I still do. But they don't understand me really- and that's because I can't let them know me really. No one could like me- my mom doesn't love me so how could anyone else? Right?
So I am lonely. I can't trust people... but I want to.
This place... where everyone just dies is the closest I feel to not being lonely, I feel like maybe I could try to trust people here?
But I would just get fucked over - right? Someone would tell on me.... and I would end up getting forced into a hospital....
but I am lonely.

Reactions: oldgray, Sinbad, Bread and 6 others
Xaphous

Xaphous

hikikomori
Nov 11, 2018
Spent my entire life isolated so yes.

Reactions: suffering, Sinbad, Bread and 6 others
LifeSick

LifeSick

Eat the rich or die!
Sep 20, 2018
Yes i'm very lonely. I just realized right now that i have lots of conversations with people in my head. Not imaginary people, i just imagine myself talking to people i know and rehearsing what would I say to them if we had a conversation. But then if I try to have a conversation i just become really self conscious and afraid of judgment so I cant really say whats on my mind. So I guess that's sort of a coping mechanism?

Reactions: Meena, oldgray, Sundayafternoon and 6 others
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
Yes i'm very lonely. I just realized right now that i have lots of conversations with people in my head. Not imaginary people, i just imagine myself talking to people i know and rehearsing what would I say to them if we had a conversation. But then if I try to have a conversation i just become really self conscious and afraid of judgment so I cant really say whats on my mind. So I guess that's sort of a coping mechanism?
I do this too. WIth people from the past and current acquaintances. And it's weird because in person i can barely get a word out when im depressed and anxious but I over think everything i should say.

Reactions: oldgray, Weeping Garbage Can, ouvreyes and 2 others
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
I'm deeply lonely. I can't even put it into words it's so devastating.

Reactions: suffering, oldgray, Sinbad and 5 others
Tesseract

Tesseract

Nov 18, 2018
Yes, I've never had a friend due to social anxiety and aspbergers. Sometimes I get panick attacks and cry for hours because i'm so disgusting that no one wants to touch my body, there's also this weird pain under my chest that feels like my soul is being ripped apart.

Reactions: BFishy, oldgray, Sinbad and 5 others
divinized

divinized

Nov 26, 2018
I'm pretty lonely. I guess in terms of how many people are around me I'm not alone, but I don't feel like I have anyone I can actually talk to.

Reactions: BFishy, oldgray, Sinbad and 3 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
Yes, I've never had a friend due to social anxiety and aspbergers. Sometimes I get panick attacks and cry for hours because i'm so disgusting that no one wants to touch my body, there's also this weird pain under my chest that feels like my soul is being ripped apart.

that sounds so dreadful I'm really sorry

Reactions: Tesseract, NumbItAll, Kdawg2018 and 2 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
Theoretically, no... I have family and I have friends... though now I have isolated myself from them inwardly, I wear a constant mask and smile while every cell of my body is screaming in agony. In my head I am completely and utterly alone

Reactions: Sinbad, Bread, sólstafir and 1 other person
Rose Mirren

Rose Mirren

roses are so overrated
Dec 10, 2018
Weirdly enough, I have a lot of friends and a lot of people seem to care about me. People say I'm friendly. Whenever I tweet that I'm sad, almost every time, a friend or acquaintance (or even a stranger, sometimes) sends me a DM just to let me know they're there for me. But I haven't replied to those messages recently. I just don't want to burden anyone with my problems, so I keep it all inside. I feel like if I share them, I might affect them negatively. These days, I cry alone everyday and hide my tears. It's weird how even when I'm surrounded with friends, I still feel this deep sadness, like it makes me sad that I can't enjoy their happiness with them.

Reactions: Sinbad, Bluedew and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Help_Me

Help_Me

Gene pool mistake
Oct 21, 2018
Do you guys know how it feels to be lonely even when you have a couple of good faithful friends and a beloved one... This is so painful..

Reactions: BFishy, Sinbad, Bread and 3 others
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
No I'm not, I'm surrounded by family and friends giving words of encouragement. I think it makes it even harder to get clarity.

Reactions: therhydler and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
Yes, I really feel alone, I have family (parents, grandparents etc ...) but I practically do not have friends, my social life is almost 0 and I hate it, it has always been difficult for me to relate to others, it is one of the main reasons from my CTB, I hate many facets of myself and this is one of them.

Reactions: oldgray, Bread, Dartz and 1 other person
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
I'm lonely. I've got friends and family but they all have more important people in their lives, people they'd rather see, people who are better and kinder and less depressed. I like to talk to new people and meet new people but I'm almost always too tired to and there's no point when I'll ctb soon.

Reactions: Sinbad, Bread, Bluedew and 2 others
Norest4thewicked

Norest4thewicked

Losing it
Nov 4, 2018
I'm pretty lonely. I guess in terms of how many people are around me I'm not alone, but I don't feel like I have anyone I can actually talk to.
I know how you feel. Plenty of people around, no one can relate. To me it's being isolated in a crowd. It's fucking horrible

Reactions: oldgray, Bread, Bluedew and 2 others
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
I'm deeply lonely. I can't even put it into words it's so devastating.
I understand buddy, people have a hard time comprehending terminal illness. We are not giving up, we are taking control of the situation and giving the disease the finger.

Reactions: Bread, Norest4thewicked, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
KitKat

KitKat

Body Dysmorphic
Dec 8, 2018
Always lonely

Reactions: oldgray, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and therhydler
Fyrinne

Fyrinne

Four of a Kind
Aug 11, 2018
I'm literally never alone, I share my head with 3 other people, and yet I'm always lonely.

Lots of people seem to find it easy to talk to me, I enjoy talking to people, for a while... But I never connect to them... I can never find anyone who wants what I want, and is genuinely interesting to talk to. I'd kill for that, someone open-minded who would be happy to be cheerfully in love in a tiny little apartment just the two of us, whiling away our lives watching shows and movies and play games.

It's all I want in life and yet it seems to be impossible to find.

Reactions: Xaphous, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and therhydler
V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
Not really. Being with people who dont understand you and keep misunderstood you. Why would I punish myself like that? I would rather be alone.

Reactions: Xaphous, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and therhydler
Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
Very. I had a crying spell about 3 this morning. I feel like such an anomaly.

I want a friend that a shared glance makes us erupt in laughter. I want a friend i can drink and get high with, while we talk about our disdain for life and plan our exit.

No one gets my humor. No one gets my sadness. No one gets my frustration. No one understands the shame my loneliness brings on.

But, people hurt you, they leave you, they lie, they disrespect you, they always have someone that will come before me.

So, i stay lonely.

• Love
Reactions: Meena, Tyuiop, NumbItAll and 3 others
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
I feel lonely, but I'm not sure what precisely I am lonely for, what would relieve the loneliness.

Reactions: Xaphous, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Bread
Eily

Eily

tired
Dec 4, 2018
Yes, I'm definitely lonely. I just "exist". No one actually cares about me. I am very social at work and when I was in school but I go home and I'm alone. I realize I just don't click with anyone.

Reactions: NumbItAll, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Xaphous
Bread

Bread

Avoid if allergic to gluten
Dec 1, 2018
I am extremely lonely. I got debilitatingly ill at 13 and have been bedbound/housebound ever since. I'm 22 now. Even before I got physically ill I was developing depression. All I've ever wanted is to be liked, but as a child no one ever cared about me that much. I never felt connected to any of my "friends". No matter what school I went to I was a perpetual third wheel. I suppose it's just my personality, my fate. Sometimes I think it was for the best interest of society that I got sick since if I'm stuck at home I can't bother anyone with my existence.

• Love
Reactions: Meena, MsM3talGamer, oldgray and 2 others
T

Tyuiop

Student
Nov 25, 2018
I am not really lonely, i used to be, but i have realized that i am so introverted that i can at most handle a half hour of conversation before i get tired. What feels bad is that i am not accepted anywhere. I have been rejected from groups because of my depression so i dont hold people in high regard anymore.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler, Xaphous and 1 other person
Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
I was for about 15 years of my life (I had enough friends and family that was not the problem ... a loving partner was the issue.).. but i crossed some imaginary line somehow. I don't know what happened ... i just gave up. 15+ years of depression and now .. i don't give a shit anymore just let me die already. Fuck this godforsaken hellhole.

2 decades of fighting for a life that i could be happy in .. and for what. What a waste this life has been.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and therhydler
Fyrinne

Fyrinne

Four of a Kind
Aug 11, 2018
I was for about 15 years of my life (I had enough friends and family that was not the problem ... a loving partner was the issue.).. but i crossed some imaginary line somehow. I don't know what happened ... i just gave up. 15+ years of depression and now .. i don't give a shit anymore just let me die already. Fuck this godforsaken hellhole.

2 decades of fighting for a life that i could be happy in .. and for what. What a waste this life has been.

Yeah, I absolutely know that feeling...

Friends and family don't fill that hole. Nothing does, everything is a distraction at best...

People think that there's something wrong with needing someone to fill that space in your life, and I think there's something sad about wanting to be without it.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Midnight and Eren
Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
Loneliness is crap, I'm really alone and I know that it's not going to change, because it's part of who I am, I'm a social retard and it's one of the main reasons why I want CTB.

Reactions: Zebedee, Myforevercharlie, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person