Irrumi

Irrumi

efilist
Oct 26, 2021
My mother asked me, "Are you glad I gave birth to you?" Today was one of the nastiest moments of my life. I said yes. I didn't want to upset her. Like I always do, I lie. I hide my emotions. I trapped myself. I tried to help other people and not burden them with my problems. I didn't want to feel anything. It felt like weakness to me.

And now I feel nothing but pain. I know I have no one to complain to. I want to lie in a room and not come out of there, but no consequences. Not to think about exams, about studying, about family.

What could I say to her? Mom, I want to die very often. I am tired of chronic pain and no one supports me. I strive so hard to be perfect for you, but it's not enough. I'm always falling behind somewhere. I want you to forget about me so I can mess up my life to the end.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 7b48hl, Foresight, 710 and 10 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I think it isn't healthy or sustainable to hide your deepest feelings from the people you're close to. My family knows what's up. It's also much better this way if you end up actually doing it. I'm sorry but those that try to hide it and one day end their lives just took the road that looked easier but it's worse for everyone else.

Reactions: Minegelina, Dead Ghost, Foresight and 2 others
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
I think my mom knows that i am not, strictly because of my assigned sex.

I know it's tough to lie, but also to hold in your true feelings. Bottled up feelings don't feel right.

Reactions: Foresight, Rogue Proxy, Klo and 1 other person
Irrumi

Irrumi

efilist
Oct 26, 2021
I think it isn't healthy or sustainable to hide your deepest feelings from the people you're close to. My family knows what's up. It's also much better this way if you end up actually doing it. I'm sorry but those that try to hide it and one day end their lives just took the road that looked easier but it's worse for everyone else.
That's right. But I'm afraid to open up. Maybe someday I'll despair and tell everything.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cathy Ames and whatevs
L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
I think my mom knows that i am not, strictly because of my assigned sex.

I know it's tough to lie, but also to hold in your true feelings. Bottled up feelings don't feel right.
Off topic, but who is that hot Korean(?) girl that's your avatar?

WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Off topic, but who is that hot Korean(?) girl that's your avatar?
Today is Yiren from the kpop group "Everglow". I typically change my pfp to a new female kpop artist every 3 or 4 days.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that you suffer so unbearably. Living really is so painful. It is such a cruel, unfair world that we live in and I know that it can be dreadful when everything feels so hopeless. I always see it as best to keep my feelings to myself, telling others would do no good and they simply would not understand anyway. I wish you relief from pain.

Reactions: Irrumi
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
My mother asked me, "Are you glad I gave birth to you?" Today was one of the nastiest moments of my life. I said yes. I didn't want to upset her. Like I always do, I lie. I hide my emotions. I trapped myself. I tried to help other people and not burden them with my problems. I didn't want to feel anything. It felt like weakness to me.

And now I feel nothing but pain. I know I have no one to complain to. I want to lie in a room and not come out of there, but no consequences. Not to think about exams, about studying, about family.

What could I say to her? Mom, I want to die very often. I am tired of chronic pain and no one supports me. I strive so hard to be perfect for you, but it's not enough. I'm always falling behind somewhere. I want you to forget about me so I can mess up my life to the end.
Geeze, I really hate those situations. There is a lot of pressure, and it seems really unfair to pull on the "I gave birth to you" thread. If this situation happened to me I would squirm because I really dislike lying, but I also don't like to hurt my mother's feelings, and most of the time I do not feel equipped to have a deep conversation.
That's right. But I'm afraid to open up. Maybe someday I'll despair and tell everything.
If you are wishing for a gateway into opening up and talking about things or to even give her a hint of what you are feeling (so that if she wants, she can question you and learn more). I would suggest something like the following...

She asks, "Are you glad I gave birth to you?"

1) You reply by asking her "Why are you asking me this? What is your goal, what is it you are needing from me right now?"

Or

2) You reply by saying something that is TRUE but doesn't truly answer the question. "I am grateful for how much you love me." "I know you always want the best for me. Thank you. I love you." Etc.

Set an intention to be as honest as possible. Deep down inside, mothers almost certainly do wish to know that their children are suffering so they can try to help.

In a similar vein, my mother periodically used to say things that amount to "fishing" for me to tell her that she was a good mother. I always stayed quiet, pretending that I didn't know what she was after (but possibly it was obvious thru my body language that I did know?). If I truly was a kind and loving daughter, I would have said something like, "I know you did the best you could." But I didn't. I don't know whether I regret that or not.

Reactions: Irrumi and 710
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
My mum doesn't care either way. She never considered my feelings from day one. Zero empathy or understanding from her. And on her side, no feelings to hurt.

Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I told my mother once I was a genetic mistake and shouldn't have been created. It was quite a freeing experience. Tense, but there's nothing quite like a moment of raw honesty. I think if the moment comes again you should consider revealing the truth. It's not easy but it feels right in a lot of ways.

Reactions: whatevs
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I think it depends on each case. I personally regret telling my mother because now she is hyper-vigilant about what I'm doing all the time, about what packages are coming into the house. And if she catches SN coming in, she will 100% hand me over to the police, because she believes that's the right thing to do (because she has the prolifer mental illness). She thinks this is an act of love, it's the complete opposite.​

• Informative
Reactions: Foresight and whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I think it depends on each case. I personally regret telling my mother because now she is hyper-vigilant about what I'm doing all the time, about what packages are coming into the house. And if she catches SN coming in, she will 100% hand me over to the police, because she believes that's the right thing to do (because she has the prolifer mental illness). She thinks this is an act of love, it's the complete opposite.​
Well that's true, hiding it makes it easier to succeed. I just believe that we should avoid hiding things from the people that supposedly should want to understand us better.