First born, middle born, last born or only child?

• First born

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Middle born

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Middle born (but first male/female to be born)

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Last born

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Last born (but first male/female to be born)

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Only child

Votes: 22 28.2%

• Total voters
Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
I'm an only. By my mother. My dad had 2 before me. My mother had a few miscarriages and abortions after me. I used to wish I had a sibling. Someone to go through the bs with me. Maybe they would've provided an on going sense of purpose to my life. "I've got to protect my little, bro/sis"

I'm glad none of my potential siblings made it. They were almost guaranteed a fucked up life that would've included fetal alcohol syndrome.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Second child, brother died in a car crash when I was 15 years old. Amazing.

S

Sphinx

Aug 1, 2018
This should make an interesting statistic

Reactions: FullFat
Anarchy

Anarchy

Invisible anarchist
Jul 9, 2018
I find twins to be so fascinating.

Does your twin share any of your philosophical opinions on death and dying?
I don't know what her views on dying are. I live with her, but I barely speak to her. If I do, it's about general light-hearted stuff, like TV and games and events.
I imagine that she takes the mainstream stance on dying. I assume that she's against suicide, but she's never really mentioned death.
She states that she's agnostic, whereas I'm an atheist; I also assume that she doesn't believe in an afterlife, but...I don't really know.
I can only remember one occasion in which we talked about more serious things. We were discussing my hatred of politics and authority. She disagreed with everything that I said and thought that it was completely illogical. But then she's integrated into society, whereas I am not. So she takes the view of most people in society. And my views would be regarded as very extreme by practically any person.
Overall, we have very different beliefs; about the only thing that we have in common is our hobbies.

Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
First born of four. My mom didn't abort me because she said she was in love with my father .... she thought she could lure him into a relationship. No luck.
She told me she never wanted kids. Happiness : )

Reactions: FullFat
O

okyeah

Arcanist
Jul 20, 2018
Being an only child to incompetent parents is a death sentence in this world.

Reactions: Smilla
Aragon

Aragon

ムーン・ヒーリング・エスカレーション
Aug 27, 2018
First born. I wanted to grow up as an "only child," then maybe I'd not be where I am today. In my case as first born, I always had to look after myself. Everyone else got an easy ride, except for me. Not I'm older, bitter and twisted and not happy one bit. I think the choices in life that I have made have made me feel this way, I'm stuck in a hole, one that I can't escape.

S

solacely

Apr 4, 2018
Only child. Probably half contributed to my depression from isolation and loneliness.

FullFat

FullFat

^best order at Micky-D's ever
Apr 27, 2018
Second child, seven years apart. Pretty confident that I was an accident, which pisses me off. Use protection, people, or you might end up with an idiot like me who doesn't want to be here.
Hear, hear! Mine is a 12 year gap. I figured out I was an accident pretty quickly. Not too hard when the daycare workers refer to your mom as your "grandma", lol. My older brother was an accident too, though, so I guess I should feel a little better (I don't).

Reactions: CRM
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
I'm the only child.
I wish I was never born. I'm happy my parents didn't have more kids, they'd be as fucked up as I am.
I am an old child as well...my mum aborted all the ones before me and all the ones after me....turns out the only reason she had me was she got prego by a man that was married with some money...she she threatened to tell his wife unless is paid up.... (this was back before DNA testing)