• No

• No, but would like to be

• No, but will be

Results are only viewable after voting.
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Digging deeper just to throw it away.
Mar 14, 2024
Idk what your system is, but in America, we can decide when we get our first our ID, so it's a simple/easy process. Yours may require more hoops to become a donor. That being said, are you an organ donor?
I realize any of us who ctb most likely will not be able to donate as we won't meet the criteria. I at least hope they get to use my body for science, but that's paperwork I have yet to go through with.

I actually was despicably outvoted by my family when my dad died. It actually should of been MY sole choice as I'm his true next-of-kin; I am the only blood he had, and he wasn't married to my mom anymore even though we lied and said they were "common law" married.The hospital didn't even know or enforce the law, so I lost the vote. Maybe I didn't want to make a scene, or I couldn't fight them hard enough at the time considering how awful it all was. Hope anyone who reads this doesn't have to make that decision for someone, or if they do, don't at least make the mistake I did. Always text a loved one back. Even if it's just an "I love you."

Yet another effed up way you don't get taken seriously when you're short, look young, and are a woman. This is a big reason why I no longer have a sibling. God only knows what would happen if I ever saw them face-to-face again. I wouldn't agree to meet should they ever ask; I don't want to go to jail for aggravated assault, especially if it's not worth it. Ironically my dad was afraid I'd end up like his brother, who died on Death Row. I never knew what he meant by that... Now I think I may know. Sorry, went down the rabbit hole with that one🙄

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: thebelljarrr, not-2-b-the-answer, EternalShore and 2 others
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I was until my mom found the letter that the provincial government sent to confirm my status as an organ donor. She made me unregister and claimed that she doesn't want me to be an organ donor until I get my driver's license (I don't want a driver's license. Learning to drive doesn't appeal to me). Her main reasoning is that she claims that doctors don't work as hard to save patients who are organ donors and that they would take me off life support rather than try and save me. I personally don't give a shit, for obvious reasons, and I think that her making me unregister was just selfish. Even if I did want to live, I would still want to be an organ donor despite those supposed issues. If my death ends up potentially helping to save the lives of others, then isn't it worth it? I understand that she loves me but it's my body at the end of the day and it's my life.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, davidtorez, Catch-22 and 1 other person
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
yes i am, so if there's a ctb method that would ensure i was brain dead it would be amazing. otherwise i don't think they'll accept your organs if you ctb.

• Informative
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, davidtorez, spirittheyregone and 2 others
Mäximum

Mäximum

All the effort for nothing...
Apr 5, 2023
In Austria you are automatically an organ donor unless you say that you no longer want to be one. Then you get a little card that you habe to carry around everywhere so if something happens to you, the ambulance knows that you are not a organ donor. Otherwise they just assume you are I think. But in order to deregister, you have to go through a lot of paperwork. I think the system is good. If you have healthy organs at the end of your life, then I think it's right to save someone else's life

• Informative
  • Wow
Reactions: 3/4Dead, not-2-b-the-answer, jar-baby and 2 others
potablewater784

potablewater784

Jun 22, 2022
I signed up as soon as I got my driver's license. Although I don't want my body, I hope that someone else can benefit from it.

• Hugs
Reactions: thebelljarrr, not-2-b-the-answer, davidtorez and 3 others
spirittheyregone

spirittheyregone

A whisper to her scream, an autumn in my green.
Jun 12, 2023
Absolutely, if I can give life to someone else Id jump at the chance

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, davidtorez and Catch-22
Catch-22

Catch-22

But in the end it doesn't even matter...😢
Aug 19, 2019
I wish I could but unfortunately I can't because of chronic infections and some of my organs are too diseased. I wish I also could leave my body to science for them to do research on because of chronic diseases I have maybe they could figure out a way to help people but by my chosen method to go that would be impossible. The research on corpses of people with my disease it is proven to be found in the brain.. also hiding in the organs .. so f##k you CDC and IDSA. The truth will come out eventually unfortunately not in my lifetime.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and davidtorez
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
No such a thing over here. Driver's license only includes one's blood type, ig incase of an accident. No registration to be an organ donor afaik except for one specific organ.

• Informative
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and davidtorez
K

Kavka

Student
Jun 11, 2024
Yeah, but I'm not sure it's super relevant. Organ donation and an effective and well-planned suicide, i.e. not being found when you could still be alive, are not really a good match. I've thought about and researched living kidney donation, but I just don't have the energy for it anymore.

Thinking about CTB with perfectly healthy organs does make me feel bad and guilty. It's like throwing away a perfect meal because you've lost your appetite while people are starving.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, not-2-b-the-answer, potablewater784 and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
No.

There might be different regulations but I think the most basic regulation is to be "brain-dead". Dying itself is process not like a switch that someone is "brain-dead" or not. Donated organs may rescue or may not rescue bc they can be rejected from the body of the receiver despite same blood group and other things.

It would be much more beneficial if all countries worked together to grow organs from stem cells directly on "hosts" or in wombs or the like. Organs that are grown out of our own stem cells would have the least chance t be rejected by our own bodies. That would be much more efficient than asking for other to donate their organs.

Imo Biochemistry and science is able to perform research in that topic directly instead of asking others to donate organs while they do not know whether they actually died or not - dying itself is a process and the fun fact is: If we are really dead our organs wouldn't be of use to be transplanted into someone else - that raises questions.

• Informative
Reactions: BrainShower, divinemistress36, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
Mäximum

Mäximum

All the effort for nothing...
Apr 5, 2023
Donated organs may rescue or may not rescue bc they can be rejected from the body of the receiver despite same blood group and other things.

It would be much more beneficial if all countries worked together to grow organs from stem cells directly on "hosts" or in wombs or the like. Organs that are grown out of our own stem cells would have the least chance t be rejected by our own bodies. That would be much more efficient than asking for other to donate their organs.

Imo Biochemistry and science is able to perform research in that topic directly instead of asking others to donate organs while they do not know whether they actually died or not - dying itself is a process and the fun fact is: If we are really dead our organs wouldn't be of use to be transplanted into someone else - that raises questions.
You are right. Growing organs that way is more efficient. But from what I know, that's still not possible. So for the time being, donating is the best we can do for others that need them. There is always a chance that the recipients body rejects them, but at least "I" tried. I'm not leaving with any damage if the patients body rejects the organ, because I am already dead. So I don't see why someone would not donate. Except when it's not possible because of health reasons of course.

• Hugs
Reactions: thebelljarrr, not-2-b-the-answer, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
You are right. Growing organs that way is more efficient. But from what I know, that's still not possible. So for the time being, donating is the best we can do for others that need them. There is always a chance that the recipients body rejects them, but at least "I" tried. I'm not leaving with any damage if the patients body rejects the organ, because I am already dead. So I don't see why someone would not donate. Except when it's not possible because of health reasons of course.
I agree it's not possible right now but many countries have "ethical concerns" about stem cell science and respective experiments! That hinders development! Yes, humans start to act like a "god" and religious indoctrinations may also be a problem in this field.

For now organ donations are important - but they should happen only if an individual agrees to it - if there never as an agreement it's a clear personal no to me.

There sth else - there are NDEs - we don't know and we have no prove of it what actually happens but just imagine you have an NDE (and afaik people are "brain-dead" during an NDE) and you see your own body being slaughtered while your dead relatives ("who r already in heaven") and other energetic entities tell you that it's not your time to leave this world behind you for now.

There's no scientific prove or anything that NDE's are real but the fact is that we have no option to prove or disprove whether it's real or not.

Edit: If I needed a new organ I would never ask for a donated organ - I'd prefer to die. But I would sacrifice "stem-cell-life" if my own stem-cells could grow the needed organs.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
No.

There might be different regulations but I think the most basic regulation is to be "brain-dead". Dying itself is process not like a switch that someone is "brain-dead" or not. Donated organs may rescue or may not rescue bc they can be rejected from the body of the receiver despite same blood group and other things.

I'm assuming the brain dead who are still on life-support? Idk the statistics but I think most donations from bodies are successful.
Idk what the ctb statistics are here; I don't think there is really any way to know. But I think it's safe to say most people who come here actually do not ctb, so they'll die by natural/diseased death or an accident. If caught within a certain timeframe, they can keep you viable and use a body after death, the longer time before found the less they can use obviously.

Like another user said, home grown tissues and organs are still far, far away, especially for the masses. They tried to grow a uterus for fetus to continue a pregnancy on Grey's Anatomy years ago. It's still just a dream.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
I'm assuming the brain dead who are still on life-support?
Yes bodies have to be kept on artificial life support - once actual death occurs natural decay starts immediately and such organs cannot be "revived" again.

It should be everyone's free decision whether they want to be organ donor or not - like everything else - it should be our own free decision.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and DefinitelyReady
T

timetodie24

Warlock
Apr 14, 2023
I'm not registered to but UK now has 'opt out' policy so if you don't register a decision, consent for donation is assumed. I'm very happy for them to have any of my organs but it's unlikely for ctb. Not sure my parents would agree to it though, they're convinced drs will let you die sooner if you're donor. And my parents would get final say as NOK and can't argue when I'm dead . Irrelevant anwyay as organ donation after ctb is very rare since you want to be long gone when they find you. But sad my organs will go to waste

• Hugs
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
I'm not registered to but UK now has 'opt out' policy so if you don't register a decision, consent for donation is assumed. I'm very happy for them to have any of my organs but it's unlikely for ctb. Not sure my parents would agree to it though, they're convinced drs will let you die sooner if you're donor. And my parents would get final say as NOK and can't argue when I'm dead . Irrelevant anwyay as organ donation after ctb is very rare since you want to be long gone when they find you. But sad my organs will go to waste
I'm not sure on specifics obviously, but once you have consent one way or another, I would think that a next-of-kin couldn't dispute that, even if they had to decide whether to take you off of life support or not. I mean, unless you're a minor, I would think they'd have to go off your consent.

• Informative
samdocheon

samdocheon

Optimists are wrong
Jul 28, 2024
Not registrered but it's inked on me.
Homeless can't be.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: thebelljarrr, ToMoveOn, DefinitelyReady and 2 others
T

timetodie24

Warlock
Apr 14, 2023
I'm not sure on specifics obviously, but once you have consent one way or another, I would think that a next-of-kin couldn't dispute that, even if they had to decide whether to take you off of life support or not. I mean, unless you're a minor, I would think they'd have to go off your consent.

It's kind of unclear from england nhs website it says family are 'expected and encouraged to support your decision' . If you've recorded decision they can't overrule it but if it'd cause great distress to family in some cases they won't go ahead. With the opt out system , if no decision recorded then consent in assumed (and again assumed family should support) but if family have reason to believe you didnt want to donate or lie and say you didnt they can object with that info. not sure exactly how it works. There's slighty different answers on same website so bit confusing.
On another part of website it says this -
"Organ donation will only go ahead with the support of your family, and clinicians will never proceed with organ donation if your family or loved ones object." The opt out law was only established in 2020 so i guess clinicians are probably still unsure on it. As before then if no decision made clear then it was up to family.

I have none recorded so probably should register to ensure but seems irrelevant when with ctb it won't happen.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, not-2-b-the-answer and DefinitelyReady
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
It's kind of unclear from england nhs website it says family are 'expected and encouraged to support your decision' . If you've recorded decision they can't overrule it but if it'd cause great distress to family in some cases they won't go ahead. With the opt out system , if no decision recorded then consent in assumed (and again assumed family should support) but if family have reason to believe you didnt want to donate or lie and say you didnt they can object with that info. not sure exactly how it works. There's slighty different answers on same website so bit confusing.
On another part of website it says this -
"Organ donation will only go ahead with the support of your family, and clinicians will never proceed with organ donation if your family or loved ones object." The opt out law was only established in 2020 so i guess clinicians are probably still unsure on it. As before then if no decision made clear then it was up to family.

I have none recorded so probably should register to ensure but seems irrelevant when with ctb it won't happen.

Damnnn.... Imo it should go by, if there is consent, you go by the patient's consent; but I can see why that may be implemented that way I guess. At least there's something written so you're not blindsided should that ever happen. I've never looked up our specific rules. I never thought I would have to... but should our system have something like that, that would help explain why the hospital handled it the way they did in my situation where I was outvoted by "family." Wow. Thanks for that. That takes a little of the hate/sting out of it being in my control. Wow. 💛

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and timetodie24
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
No, nor do I want to be

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Rocinante and not-2-b-the-answer
T

ThisIsMe1357

May 20, 2024
As I understand it, in my country everybody is a potential organ donor by default and to not become one you have to opt out by your own request. Therefore, I am one and I am not planning to change that any time soon.

• Informative
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and DefinitelyReady
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I am one, but as has been said, CTB unfortunately does not often leave the window of opportunity open. I'm not sure if I'd qualify or not with my chronic health problems and constant self harm either. But I plan to stay registered. Even if only one organ is viable, that's still one person I could save.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, not-2-b-the-answer, EvisceratedJester and 1 other person
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
NO !!!

I don't expect anyone to agree with me but the biggest problem I have is (though I could be wrong) that the hospitals make all the money and the families get nothing. I don't know if the hospitals cancel out the families debt or not.
I've tried to look it up.... Not really sure.
I know they want to prevent people from selling their organs for money but I'm thinking more when someones loved one is dying or has died.
This may sound selfish but it's how I feel.
If anyone knows something about this, I would like to hear it.
In my situation is if I use SN it won't matter anyway.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Yes. I'd love for my organs to potentially help someone who wants to live. I don't think they'll get to me in time if I CTB, but maybe if I die before then in a car wreck or something.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
NO !!!

I don't expect anyone to agree with me but the biggest problem I have is (though I could be wrong) that the hospitals make all the money and the families get nothing. I don't know if the hospitals cancel out the families debt or not.
I know they want to prevent people from selling their organs for money but I'm thinking more when someones loved one is dying or has died.
To my knowledge, if you're an organ donor, and you die, assuming you're been deemed an eligible candidate for harvesting of organs, the donor's family follows through because the donor gave consent. There's never been any compensation toward the family of the person who died and is a donor... if that's what you were asking? There's never been any trading the debt of the donor's family from the hospital for the donor's organs either. Maybe I'm not understanding.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
NO !!!

I always think of it in terms of the recipient. The donor is going to die regardless, no amount of money would make up for that to the family. They are already deemed brain dead. Their life is over now. The recipient, however is still alive and could continue to live for a long time if they receive the organ they are in desperate need of. There is no bringing back the donor, but you can save the recipient. One loss and one grieving family as opposed to two losses and two grieving families.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, EvisceratedJester, DefinitelyReady and 1 other person
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
To my knowledge, if you're an organ donor, and you die, assuming you're been deemed an eligible candidate for harvesting of organs, the donor's family follows through because the donor gave consent. There's never been any compensation toward the family of the person who died and is a donor... if that's what you were asking? There's never been any trading the debt of the donor's family from the hospital for the donor's organs either. Maybe I'm not understanding.
So if you are poor and a family member dies you still have to pay the hospital for medical expenses even though they make the money ????

WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
So if you are poor and a family member dies you still have to pay the hospital for medical expenses even though they make the money ????
If hospitals started paying peoples families for organs, I think that might open up the possibility of a lot of "accidental deaths" so someones shady family member can get paid.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and DefinitelyReady
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
Not registrered but it's inked on me.
Homeless can't be.
I'm sorry...
If your family member dies and they're a donor, you don't have to pay for the recipient's medical bills to receive the organ(s). Better?

Last edited: