EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
This is getting us nowhere, largely because much of what you write is simply not pertinent to the points I am trying to make. I stand by everything I have posted in this thread.
And, again, please don't talk down to me. I know perfectly well that "not all therapists are psychologists". i never said they were. I know perfectly well that "much of Freud's work doesn't hold up", and much of Jung's (and I could tell that when I read those authors) - but since Freud was the first person to bring the idea of the unconscious into psychology (though he didn't invent the concept), and you brought up the concept here, I consider it relevant that I have read what Freud had to say on the subject.
I'll save you the trouble of telling me that the tendency to make more use of logic than emotions in making decisions is not a consequnce of any left/right anatomical differnces in the brain. I do know that.
You may consider that you know everything about this topic and that others on this site know nothng - but you can hardly expect us to agree with you.
I won't waste any more of my time posting again in this thread.
When did I imply that you said that all psychologists are therapists? I was just making a quick clarification just in case. Also, Freud being the father of modern psychology doesn't mean anything since we only discuss him in regards to how he changed the mindset of the field (how we view mental health conditions). What I'm talking about is based on our modern understanding on how human behaviour works, not how Freudian bullshit. Also, you are the one acting as though you know everything. You were the one who responded to my post trying imply that I was wrong. You are the one claiming that you know you are right based on your own observations. You literally tried to use your age as an excuse to invalidate the points I was making. This is straight up just a pot calling the kettle black situation, lol.

But anyway, this conversation isn't getting anywhere so I'll leave you with this. Goodbye.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unknown21

Unknown21

?/?/2024
Apr 25, 2023
I am very logical and I take everything into account.

DeathOfKane

DeathOfKane

Apr 5, 2024
I'd say both. If it's important it's still both with a higher % of logic. Sometimes I use logic to get away from the emotions and figure out the why. But I stopped doing that as the situations I come across have no logic or reasonable thinking involved, everybody's been acting on emotion, in turn that makes me have stronger emotions upon realizing the nonsense.

Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Wizard
Sep 21, 2022
I usually think logically but it happens once in a while that I think emotionally. I can't really help it, it might be my autism and/or female hormones in my body which I still have even if it's small.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I usually think logically but it happens once in a while that I think emotionally. I can't really help it, it might be my autism and/or female hormones in my body which I still have even if it's small.
Bro let's be real, it's not like male hormones are the pinnacle of logic and reasoning either. 😅

Reactions: Dark Moon
Doctor Logan

Doctor Logan

Apr 26, 2024
I think I'm mostly logical, but when I get angry or stressed I often think emotionally. Also I love your username LE SSERAFIM is my favorite kpop artist

Leichter Kampfwagen

Leichter Kampfwagen

(LK1)
Dec 24, 2023
If I say introspection alone does not provide enough information to answer the question, does that make me logical? 😉

Last edited: