• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Fallen

Fallen

Jan 22, 2019
Like the title said, do you always support them no matter their age, condition or reason?

Let's imagine 3 different situations

1) A kid (maybe 5-10) that is being physically/verbally/sexually abused.

2) A teenager who just broke up with their significant other. Or maybe failing school.

3) A adult, maybe in their 30s, feeling that being alive is boring, even though they live a pretty good life.

Under these assumptions, do you still support their choice to CTB?

Reactions: Deafsn0w, therhydler, 15dec and 5 others
Pointlessabyss

Pointlessabyss

Impulse will takeover one day...
Sep 17, 2018
Like the title said, do you always support them no matter their age, condition or reason?

2) A teenager who just broke up with their significant other. Or maybe failing school.

3) A adult, maybe in their 30s, feeling that being alive is boring, even though they live a pretty good life.

I see things in black and white so personally doesn't matter to me, situation, age, disability. You should have a choice regardless only thing I would say is Make sure your sure. A lot of people I imagine do it in the spur of the moment after a massive trauma but you can't exactly regret it, if you go through with it.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Deafsn0w, daemonblight and 7 others
Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
Well I do consider that they should have the right to die given the fact that none of us were given the choice of being born and all the random circumstances that would effect their lives like physical and mental illnesses, horrible parents, etc. But that said it's not an easy issue to explain. I am conflicted, given my circumstances I wish I would have died when I was younger. I believe it entirely depends on the individual and the issues they are and will be facing in their lives. But should they wait until their mentally capable of outweighing their options? Who knows especially considering that many young people with such issues could even be seen as sane by society. Who is right to determine someone else's choice is sane enough to warrant euthanasia? It's an ethical dilemma and a conundrum all around. Everything is not so black and white, me being partly human I would like to say they should wait until they're older but if their circumstances is such a burden that waiting any longer is an issue then who am I to say they should stay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Deafsn0w, faex42 and 5 others
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
If they seem intellectually immature, I would stop them. If not, I might debate their choice (e.g. 3), but wouldn't take action.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Deafsn0w, Memento Mori and 6 others
E

Exile

Predator, criminal, emotional blackmailer
Jan 28, 2019
I try to be very open-minded about people's choices when it comes to their own bodies and I think I am most of the time. But I admit I would do almost anything to stop a little kid trying to end their life. As for the teenage breakup, I would work hard to talk them out of it, since the situation as described is a one-off occurrence, as opposed to sustained emotional or physical pain. Perhaps I'm too old now to fully appreciate what a single teenage heartbreak can do. The third one - I'll have to think about it. I don't think an early exit is for everyone - just my opinion.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Deafsn0w, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 5 others
Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਭੁੱਲ ਜਾਓ ❤️
Oct 31, 2018
My natural inclination would be to be kind, give options, be a listener, and give them agency. However, I would be more firm to those who just experience a single trauma, or whom could be satisfied with existing institutions in place.

1) i would call child protection services, unless there was a really good reason not to, as this child may want to live if not in such a situation.

2) I would give them a huge hug and be there with them to listen. I would suggest counseling and therapy as viable options for coping (especially with the heartbreak). I would encourage them to find support with any understanding friends or family
If they had any. If they were failing school, I would ask them if they've tried tutoring, or asked their teachers for help, reassuring them that there is life after school.

3) i would ask them why they find life boring (not because I disagree with them, but just to understand more and see if they truly understand the consequences of ctb). I would offer them a hug, and ask them if there's anything that I could do to help the situation, even if it's simply a distraction.

I would never push ctb on anyone, and I would never advocate a painful method, ever.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w and 4 others
Aesthler

Aesthler

Death is the only God who comes when you call
Sep 25, 2018
I do my best even though it's hard, especially when you feel like you've developed a closeness or friendship of any kind with another person. Anymore I've been saying, I don't want you to die, I don't want anyone to die. I don't want you to suffer either, If you feel like need to take the exit then of course that is your choice. I'll try and be supportive in the best way possible.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w and 5 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I first wanted to ctb when I was around 6. I knew my own mind very clearly then as I do now.
For some people their need for ctb may be situational - if they said they didn't really want to ctb but they felt they had to because of a current reason that could be helped then I would want to do that, whether they were 3 or 93

So am 100% pro choice, but I'll always ask someone twice. And I'll want them to know I'm here if they don't want to go alone. And I'd want them to find the most painless suitable method for them.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Weeping Garbage Can, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 8 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Sorry OP, I didn't answer your original question about the different scenarios my mind just went.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Weeping Garbage Can, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018

In scenario 1, I understand why they'd feel the need to go.

Scenario 2? Absolutely not.

3. I think that's understandable.

It's not so much that I "support" this, but understand it. I would encourage alternatives and offer advice on solutions if asked. Otherwise, I am just an open and safe space to vent and talk to.
I don't feel for/against. It's really just up to the person. It's none of my business.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Weeping Garbage Can, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 6 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I tend to think there's always more that we don't see insofar as people's motivation to ctb. If their reason seems trivial it's more likely that it's just the straw that broke the camel's back. I also acknowledge that pain is incomparable across the board, so something that seems inconsequential to me might be devastating to another. There is no linear scale of suffering that makes ctb more or less warranted. It's everyone's right to choose.

Reactions: Redt2go, Deleted member 4993, Weeping Garbage Can and 7 others
LastDay

LastDay

Soon, my dear big sister
Dec 29, 2018
I think everyone deserves a shot at receiving some adequate therapy first. Especially when they are still growing, they stand a better chance of recovery. The girl from Child of Rage documentary being an example. She had severe abuse but still recovered with therapy and is a nurse now. I think if I had been receiving the help I am now back then, I probably wouldn't want to CTB now but after sitting with trauma for a while shit gets complicated.

So I would not want them to without getting help first but ultimately it's their life, their pain, and if they are ready to go, who am I to say no.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redt2go, Deleted member 4993, Weeping Garbage Can and 4 others
Fallen

Fallen

Jan 22, 2019
Sorry OP, I didn't answer your original question about the different scenarios my mind just went.

No need to apologize, they were just scenarios to help other people understand the question. You didn't have to answer them.

Reactions: Redt2go, Deleted member 4993, Weeping Garbage Can and 3 others
Pulpit2018

Pulpit2018

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
I dont think i have a right to intervene no matter the circumstances.
However if it is a minor and i think that he/she is making a hasty judgement,i would voice my concerns and try to make them evaluate again calmly.

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018

The kid - I'd try to talk him out of it. He's young. He still ACTUALLY has stuff to live for. I'd try to help him get the help he needs. I'd say the kid is making a big call way too early.

The teenager - I actually speak to this kind of people on a semi regular basis. From what I've seen so far, the "ctb is a permanent solution to a temporary problem D:" sentiment fits here fairly well. So far I met teenagers who concentrate on one problem and don't want to give up on it. I would purpose the one month pact: agree to simply drop the problem for a month, ignore it, and come back to it in a month to see if it's worth of ctb. Unless it's grades. Grades are worth not dropping. I would keep tabs on them, help them reevaluate and take a different look at the problem from a different angle. However, here and on it's ultimately their call.

The adult - their call. I'd only advise finding a really empty place. People want to save other people without as much as looking at the other party's side. The "savior" would do more damage than good here.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
In many of the situations I would just leave it to the individual, but given the three scenarios provided, my answer will be dependent on the situations within them. As for the first one, I would highly discourage ctb and maybe consider reporting the parents or responsible parties to the authorities for abuse. The first one, it is possible that things "may" get better and they still have a long life ahead plus their minds haven't fully matured enough (neurologically speaking) to make an irreversible decision.

The second one, I also would discourage, because it is oftenly done on impulse, unless it is one of those situations where there are other circumstances that

For the third one, I would listen and try to see if there is a solution and make sure the person knows that it is right choice as well as maybe giving method advice (so they don't fail and end up in a worse situation).

At no point would I actively "intervene" to prevent a suicide as I feel that would violate their autonomy.

I tend to think there's always more that we don't see insofar as people's motivation to ctb. If their reason seems trivial it's more likely that it's just the straw that broke the camel's back. I also acknowledge that pain is incomparable across the board, so something that seems inconsequential to me might be devastating to another. There is no linear scale of suffering that makes ctb more or less warranted. It's everyone's right to choose.

I agree with it, especially if the person has already been suffering through a long period of time (many months or even years) and that one last event or incident was the spark that set off the powder keg that was festering for all the time.

Reactions: Redt2go, Deleted member 4993, Deafsn0w and 3 others
D

daemonblight

Jun 26, 2018
Yes. I would've tried to help the kid and suggested alternatives to the teen and the man, but ultimately it's their body, their choice.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Redt2go