I'm definitely nocturnal.

Reactions: voyager, _Minsk, mediocre and 6 others
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
I'm definitely nocturnal.
I don't trust morning people tbh. They are not right
Especially when you walk into work on the morning and people are enthusiastically saying good morning in horrible high pitched voices.

Reactions: voyager, stygal, Broken Chimera and 7 others
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
Used to be more nocturnal than an owl

Now took the habit to wake up in the middle of the night. Same achievement with a twist but way healthier imho. The sleeping hours before midnight are positively more regenerating. Feeling a lot more rested with clarity, immediately ready and it's just grand to enjoy the dawn before anyone gets active as busy bees (obviously, the thick darkness and heavy sound of quietude before, too). It sort of gives you an edge to warm up in advance of a schedule. Whereas when I'd wake up late I'd feel guilt and I'd be crippled with rumination of mini nightmares of the past leading to procrastination in bed

Last edited:
Reactions: AvaAdore, Sensei and sadworld
G

gcarb

Oct 26, 2020
100% nocturnal.

• Love
Reactions: voyager, _Minsk, x~Sophia~x and 2 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I used to be balanced between the two. Now, as i get older, my body needs to balance it's hormones as the only way I can get any meaningful sleep. So I have no choice but to follow diurnal/nocturnal light cycles to give my metabolism the best chance possible to function better. That means I get up with the dawn and go to bed not long after dusk, as well as spending as much time outside as possible to expose myself to natural light. We may have culturally evolved to function at night, but biologically we are still a daytime species. When you are young, this is often meaningless because your physiology can compensate. As you grow older, you lose that resilience and have no choice but to adapt.

Reactions: voyager, _Minsk, sufferingalways and 3 others
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
Especially when you walk into work on the morning and people are enthusiastically saying good morning in horrible high pitched voices.
Yeah me too, they suck. I'm a night dude. It's when people shut the fuck up, so I can have my peace.

This is how I imagine them in the morning shouting I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready......

External contentduckduckgocom

• Love
Reactions: voyager, _Minsk, searchingfreedom and 4 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
LOL I spend 7am to midday, everyday, as the exact opposite of a morning person. I have to manage a sometimes gruelling medication and personal regime to achieve a little bit of functionality in the afternoon. If I could, I'd lie in bed all morning. Unfortunately I don't have that luxury.
Not does sleep come easily. Everyday is like running a hard race, finishing, then being given an insufficient amount of rest before having to run it again. And again and again. It wears me down physically. At times when I have failed to get any significant sleep, there is even no rest and day and night bleed into one and become meaningless.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, x~Sophia~x, sadworld and 1 other person
S

stoned-cold

Oct 28, 2020
Nocturnal. I always seemed to function better, or feel more 'awake' during the late hours and early mornings.
For the marjoity of my life I followed a normal sleep schedule for school/work and I can almost never stay awake. Always just so tired and burned out. Poor focus and concentration, moodswings, etc.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk and sadworld
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Us morning people can really brighten your morning with a big cup of cheer and enthusiasm!

• Love
Reactions: puppy9, woxihuanni, x~Sophia~x and 1 other person
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Nocturnal. There's just so much to do at night.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, puppy9, x~Sophia~x and 1 other person
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
Definitely nocturnal. I like when it's dark outside.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, puppy9 and sadworld
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Definitely nocturnal 100%. Because at night there are less people, so less anxiety

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, _Minsk, puppy9 and 3 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Nocturnal, but I work a 9 to 5.
I spend the first 3 hours of my day just waking up and getting my brain in gear.
I messed a job up just this morning, in fact, because I can't fucking think until I'm fully awake. I'm useless in the morning.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk and sadworld
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm usually nocturnal but I'm also more productive only during the day...

Reactions: sadworld
karaboudjan

karaboudjan

Tired
Sep 24, 2020
Absolutely a night owl. I feel much more calm at night; no phone calls, no emails, no knocks at the door, everyone and everything is inactive until the morning. It almost feels like you can hit 'pause' on the world for a while.

Reactions: x~Sophia~x and sadworld
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Definitely a nighthawk. When I'm free from work I often go to bed at dawn. I've basically been like that my whole life and it hasn't changed when I've grown older.

Reactions: Pho3nix and x~Sophia~x
Pho3nix

Pho3nix

Wishing for eternal sleep
Oct 20, 2020
Very much a night owl. I'm a person who finds daylight too bright, stressful and noisy. I love it when it's dark and quiet outside and enjoy the early darkness in the winter months. In the summer I go insane because the days are way TOO LONG, getting dark at about 10.00pm. If I didn't take a sleeping tablet every night, I'd be awake half the night and sleeping the day away.

• Love
Reactions: Mm80
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Us morning people can really brighten your morning with a big cup of cheer and enthusiasm!
You see just that statement alone upsets me lol.
I could imagine rosie, i bet youre arse is bouncing off the walls in the morning.
I bet you even have the washing machine spinning away at 6.30 am lol

• Hugs
Reactions: puppy9
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
You see just that statement alone upsets me lol.
I could imagine rosie, i bet youre arse is bouncing off the walls in the morning.
I bet you even have the washing machine spinning away at 6.30 am lol
That energy can be put to good use. I can get up make your coffee and breakfast and then motivate you to get out of bed in the cutest way possible. You'll tell me you're annoyed but you'll really be leaving full of energy and love!

• Hugs
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
That energy can be put to good use. I can get up make your coffee and breakfast and then motivate you to get out of bed in the cutest way possible. You'll tell me you're annoyed but you'll really be leaving full of energy and love!
Thats probably true actually.
Ive not been motivated to wake up in a cute way in the past lol.
Thanks rosey, im now a morning person !

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Ghost2211 and puppy9
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I used to be a morning person and I have no idea how.

• Hugs
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I am not nocturnal, but I don't get up at ungodly hour and go jogging either.

Coffee and fags, knead the dough for the daily bread.
And, soon no bread is wanted and there is no days or nights anymore.

Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
most of my life i've been diurnal since I get my energy from socializing with others.
these days I'm neither though, just permanently sad and tired.

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
100% night time person. I feel wayyy more productive at night, have more energy, love the peacefulness that night brings. But, it's also a rough time, alone with my thoughts, insomnia etc, still, I'd rather be awake all night and sleep during the day.

Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
I'm definitely a night person. Thanks to my old job and insomnia I can't really sleep anyway.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk
sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
:))
I used to be balanced between the two. Now, as i get older, my body needs to balance it's hormones as the only way I can get any meaningful sleep. So I have no choice but to follow diurnal/nocturnal light cycles to give my metabolism the best chance possible to function better. That means I get up with the dawn and go to bed not long after dusk, as well as spending as much time outside as possible to expose myself to natural light. We may have culturally evolved to function at night, but biologically we are still a daytime species. When you are young, this is often meaningless because your physiology can compensate. As you grow older, you lose that resilience and have no choice but to adapt.

Talking of getting older .. can I borrow your walking stick? (Teasing you) :) :))

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
I quite like mornings.

• Wow
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
:))

Talking of getting older .. can I borrow your walking stick? (Teasing you) :) :))
I can make you one. It's one of my weird hobbies. I collect fresh fall tree limbs from the woods and whittle them into walking sticks. I have a walking staff, two quarterstaves (used to fight off geese) and an old walking stick I made in '93 that's now seasoned to the point it's probably hard enough to stop an axe blade. I know it's odd, but I find whittling and sanding wood to be very therapeutic.

Reactions: sufferingalways