• Yes

• No

• Idk

Results are only viewable after voting.
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I'm not in the realm of outright preventing and forbidding people from having children, the Nazi's pulled that shit and it wasn't right. But I know for a fact that they're thousands of not millions of people who shouldn't have kids but they will anyway. Raising a kid or more than one kid is a major responsibility, but be it because of stupidity, immaturity, greed or any other reason these parents neglect, abuse and completely destroy these youths lives and futures. Plus the world as it is, is a terrible place and you want to bring a child into it? It's a major risk that can lead to terrible pain for the parents and kids.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Dr Iron Arc, TooConscious and 3 others
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I never used to comment on discussions but I do now this last few years think it's disgusting to bring life to this existence, it's not a world, it's a forced hell, the fact these people breeding say their life is bad yet that's why their having a baby to make everything better. The conceit and absolute disregard for its suffering...
Then they pass all their pain on to it, creating another human in agony begging to die.
People are selfish evil beings.

Reactions: Green Destiny, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Skathon and 1 other person
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
No. I see an inherent value in life.

• Yay!
Reactions: Blondi, Fragile, GenesAndEnvironment and 2 others
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
I was an antinatalist for a long time, but I understand now that the ideology has its flaws. I do believe humans shouldn't exist and I only have respect for antinatalists, but I'm better off not thinking about the subject. I never wanted to have children anyway.

• Hugs
Reactions: Green Destiny, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Dr Iron Arc
stankboy421

stankboy421

Aug 16, 2020
When somebody I know tells me they are having a kid my first reaction is "oh no, that's terrible I'm so sorry!" But then I remember most people want children ha ha.

I just think it's selfish at this point in history to bring a child into a world where civilisation is directly on track to collapse. I see it as a selfish extension of the ego. Even though they know their child will suffer, they still bring it into the world. It defies my understanding.

I admit that I have distanced myself from the friends who have had kids because it makes me realise how ignorant and selfish they must be and that our values for compassion do not align in the slightest.

Especially since most of my friends are queer, so having kids is something they have actively sought to achieve... I am more forgiving with straight people for whom it tends to be an accident!

• Love
Reactions: NumbItAll and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
HowNowBrownCow

HowNowBrownCow

Dec 28, 2018
  • Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Green Destiny, DarkWolf and 1 other person
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
Probably. I think there are far too many people alive today and humans are so selfish damaging the earth and making animals go extinct at such a high level, their habitats being destroyed for palm oil plantations, climate change making life impossible for so many species over the next century. I don't know what a sustainable population level for earth would be but I would say under 500 million so the earth can recover.