edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
I was watching a podcast where they discussed suicide. There comes a point when the issue of people who are not pro-life (such as the anti-natalist movement) comes to light. And each podcast participant has a different point of view but what they all seem to agree on is that people who are not pro-life have some type of mental problem. One of the participants says (and I quote): "if I wasn't pro-life then I would take a gun and start shooting people in front of my house"... and then everyone else nods, giving to understand that anyone who is not pro-life is a potential murderer.

Then they argue further, saying that suicide would be like a kind of murder (I guess it's the only part of the podcast where I agreed because in the end even if you're killing yourself, you're killing a human being)

I don't agree with their opinion at all, but those words were in my mind all afternoon and now I'm afraid that because I'm not pro-life and that I think that everyone should have the freedom to decide if they live or not, that for expressing my opinion in forums or in real life or anywhere where people don't know me, they see me as a kind of "potential murderer" who is sick of the head.

I had never thought about it that way but seeing how EVERYONE on the podcast agreed makes me question it.

What do you think?

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, MeltingBrain, WonderingSoul and 5 others
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
No, this is ridiculous. Somebody not believing in "pro-life" beliefs doesn't mean that person is going to be a murderer. This argument reeks of when religious people say that people who are not religious cannot be moral. I don't even understand where they get the murder part from; it makes no sense.

Reactions: fxndi, Deleted member 65988, TapeMachine and 11 others
D1byRam3n

D1byRam3n

Trying to escape from cruel reality
Nov 14, 2023
I think they're just wanna be seen as self-righteous justice at least in my opinion with their theory but people always have different going on in their minds, so in the end people always often argue over these thing...which one is right and which one is not?

Reactions: sserafim, WonderingSoul, myusername890 and 7 others
deadtomorrow

deadtomorrow

Oct 25, 2023
What a ridiculous argument/association.
If you want to choose to stop continuing to live it's your choice, you are not being murdered,i support people being able to choose that.

Reactions: sserafim, myusername890, edu0z and 4 others
D1byRam3n

D1byRam3n

Trying to escape from cruel reality
Nov 14, 2023
No, this is ridiculous. Somebody not believing in "pro-life" beliefs doesn't mean that person is going to be a murderer. This argument reeks of when religious people say that people who are not religious cannot be moral. I don't even understand where they get the murder part from; it makes no sense.
Maybe,we all doesn't count as human in their eyes...instead they're just seeing us as a threat to society...I think?

Reactions: sserafim, myusername890, edu0z and 2 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Suicide is a deeply personal choice and only religious freaks regard it as murder.
Suicide is an act of self - determination in the face of unbearable suffering, and therefore a perfectly valid action.
Also, what about all the people who are slowly euthanized in hospices with drugs like midazolam ?
Why aren't the people who administer these drugs in jail for murder ?
Typical biased and hysterical pro - lifers are completely detached from reality as usual.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, TapeMachine, WonderingSoul and 7 others
steppenwolf

steppenwolf

Not a student
Oct 25, 2023
I was watching a podcast where they discussed suicide. There comes a point when the issue of people who are not pro-life (such as the anti-natalist movement) comes to light. And each podcast participant has a different point of view but what they all seem to agree on is that people who are not pro-life have some type of mental problem. One of the participants says (and I quote): "if I wasn't pro-life then I would take a gun and start shooting people in front of my house"... and then everyone else nods, giving to understand that anyone who is not pro-life is a potential murderer.

Then they argue further, saying that suicide would be like a kind of murder (I guess it's the only part of the podcast where I agreed because in the end even if you're killing yourself, you're killing a human being)

I don't agree with their opinion at all, but those words were in my mind all afternoon and now I'm afraid that because I'm not pro-life and that I think that everyone should have the freedom to decide if they live or not, that for expressing my opinion in forums or in real life or anywhere where people don't know me, they see me as a kind of "potential murderer" who is sick of the head.

I had never thought about it that way but seeing how EVERYONE on the podcast agreed makes me question it.

What do you think?

Only 'pro-lifers' would talk about shooting people and nod agreement as if that is normal, and then denounce people who would prefer to shoot themselves as mentally ill and murderers.

To my mind people who aren't pro-life have simply recognized the fact that the Earth can only support so many greedy people making everyone else's lives miserable. The pro-lifers' solution is to legalize mass murder and call it 'war', as if it is normal. The suicide's solution is to voluntarily opt out of life altogether before the next war starts, sparing themselves its horror whose approach they are more acutely sensitive to than most.

There are more civilized ways of keeping human greed and human numbers under control, but they are still taboo. Luckily, people who appear in podcasts are hardly ever representative of humanity in general. They are almost always all arseholes.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, TapeMachine, edu0z and 4 others
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
If they could walk in my shoes for a minute they wouldn't want to live either. I don't care what they think. They obviously haven't suffered enough.

Reactions: edu0z, myusername890, Seered Doom and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think it says more about them and their mindset. I've read that depression is hatred turned inwards. It's clear that the hatred within them is turned outwards- if they think a shift in their thinking would enable them to start killing other people!

There are one or two people I have come across here who have desires to hurt others as well as themselves but, it's rarer and these poor people really struggle. Part of their reasoning to take themselves out is to stop them from potentially hurting others. The people I've come across here feel terrible for feeling like this. It usually isn't their fault either- they've often been badly abused themselves. But yeah- they're probably not your serial killer type because they hate the way they are and they're in fact trying to stop themselves however they can (including CTB.)

In terms of this forum. Yes- there are going to be people who think we are all monsters for participating here. I imagine- especially if they have lost someone who was a member. Maybe it's easier for them to think that their loved one wasn't actually acting on their own volition. They seem to ignore the fact that their loved one actively sought out suicide resources and went to the effort of registering here. I don't really know what they think. That maybe they just stumbled on this place and became sucked into a pit of despair.

I think they are certainly angry at us for not just repeating all the usual pro-life responses- 'Seek help, go for a walk, talk to friends or family- don't kill yourself.' I guess- to see it from their point of view- they believe their loved one could have been 'saved' and- they think it's everyone elses responsibility to do that. So- to them- I imagine they feel places like this encourage suicide or at the very least- don't oppose it and to them- that's wrong. Guess it makes a sort of sense- to them, suicide is wrong- so- anywhere that sanctions it has to be wrong too.

Reactions: sserafim, movinout17, edu0z and 3 others
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
I think the point possibly reflects on simplistic binary thinking, and a poorly researched podcast.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, ijustwishtodie, edu0z and 1 other person
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
They're not making any sense.
had never thought about it that way but seeing how EVERYONE on the podcast agreed makes me question it.
It's not the first time the public believes in stupid things lmao

Reactions: edu0z, myusername890, Seered Doom and 3 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
The public is brainwashed.

If a person is suffering unbearable pain wanting to kill themselves is not mental illness nor does it make them a murderer nor a monster. They just want to escape unbearable pain. This is the case for most suicidal people they want to move away from suffering.

That's the most important right to be able to move away from suffering pain and torture

The media like the new York times twist that around and make suicidal ideation about mental illness instead of what it is a logical desire to move away from suffering. They have the public believing anyone wanting to kill themselves is mentally ill and should be locked up in a mental hospital

What about someone that comes down with a horrible painful incurable disabling disease. So of course it's logical they want to kill themselves to escape the pain. That doesn't make them a murderer or wanting to kill other humans or a monster. a person like that comes on this site to look for a way to escape torture. I've seen many cases like that in this website and most people here want to escape suffering.then the media like the new York times bbc etc demonize that person and all of us as being evil blood thirsty monsters.the media is pure evil. They lie. For example the new York times read 1.2 million posts here. They have PhD s in journalism so they are not dumb just evil liars to paint suffering people as monsters a death cult that lures vulnerable youngsters even children to brainwash them to kill themselves. The new York times made up all these lies to create that narrative now all the media and public believe those lies

Above in the PBS link it says the new York times reporters analyzed 1.2 million of the messages on sanctioned-suicide com so why didn't they become suicidal? But they are saying just reading a few messages will make a person kill themselves another lie

They even have Wikipedia believing that this site encourages suicide:

All lies I haven't seen anyone encouraging suicide on this website

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sserafim, Meditation guide, edu0z and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Those people just sound insane, I don't think their nonsense is worth paying attention to, supporting the right to die is compassionate. If one wishes to cease existing that's not other people's decision to make and it's so disgusting to want to force everyone else to suffer no matter what. To me it's the most important human right to have the ability to peacefully escape from this existence that was so harmfully imposed on us.

Reactions: D1byRam3n, sserafim, Meditation guide and 4 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yeah, I noticed the same. I remember looking at the comment section of tantacrul's video (that and the wikipedia page of this place is how I knew about this site) and they were saying the same thing that you mention here; that this site is full of murderers just because we're not pro life and because we don't tell suicidal people that life is beautiful and they should live no matter what blah blah blah.

To me, this just goes to show that humans are emotional animals and not logical ones

• Aww..
Reactions: sserafim, Meditation guide, edu0z and 2 others
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
Which podcast is this and please tell us the timestamp .