Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
To one day wake up and think, "You know what? I haven't been happy or healthy in awhile. There's no reason to continue this life." and then proceed to ctb. If SI acts as a hindrance, they can dismiss it as an irrelevant biological urge like taking a shit.

• Hugs
Reactions: profoundexperience, sadworld, There Look! Nothing and 2 others
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
Yes, all the time. The problem is humans are more irrational then rational which is why we choose to stay alive despite the knowledge that it will end one day, and probably not in a pretty way.
We have survival instincts which are like guards who won't let us leave this cruel world.
Many are called, but few are chosen.

• Hugs
Reactions: AutoTap, profoundexperience, stygal and 6 others
I

itachi of death

Student
Aug 17, 2020
Ctb is like a retiring plan for me,all the bad things and bad people bring me hatred of this world to the point ,that I have a good job car etc and still want to retire because I do not like living

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: stygal, sadworld, Metalhead and 1 other person
elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
I think I've had days like this. In August I just kinda decided to do it, I felt really empty so it felt like a normal thing to do, no SI or any emotions at all tbh. Tried partial a few times unsuccessfully and then got ready to OD on heroin, but was stopped.
I really hope I can have another day like that, it's quite peaceful, it's nice not to panic or worry about SI. Downside is the lack of all emotion though, my mind was basically empty

• Hugs
Reactions: Spitfire, carrie and sadworld
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I think I've had days like this. In August I just kinda decided to do it, I felt really empty so it felt like a normal thing to do, no SI or any emotions at all tbh. Tried partial a few times unsuccessfully and then got ready to OD on heroin, but was stopped.
I really hope I can have another day like that, it's quite peaceful, it's nice not to panic or worry about SI. Downside is the lack of all emotion though, my mind was basically empty
Why did you fail partial?

elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
Why did you fail partial?
  1. I'm dumb :)
  2. I hadn't figured it out properly yet, kept getting the exploding head feeling
I've found the right spot since then, but I thought it was worth a try while I was ready to go

T

There Look! Nothing

Sep 29, 2020
Yep I think I'm about there honestly, I'm really excited about dying and feel positive about it. The only things keeping me alive are that I havent cleared my computer of all my personal shit yet and I cant KMS where I am. I think everyday about how I could just die right now pretty much the same way I do about feeling hungry and considering a sandwich or whatever, just biding my time a little longer.

• Love
Reactions: bornintoagrave, profoundexperience and elfgyoza
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
  1. I'm dumb :)
  2. I hadn't figured it out properly yet, kept getting the exploding head feeling
I've found the right spot since then, but I thought it was worth a try while I was ready to go
So when you find the right spot, do you tighten the knot? Aren't you afraid of brain damage? I am

yetme

yetme

Arcanist
Oct 20, 2019
I have everything ready for 6 months now, but I still can't do it. SI is a bitch. Thinking about it is one thing and looking at a glass with SN is a totally other deal.
I wish I could do it occasionally, get up in the morning, have coffee, than kill myself.

Reactions: profoundexperience, Disappointered, Metalhead and 1 other person
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I have everything ready for 6 months now, but I still can't do it. SI is a bitch. Thinking about it is one thing and looking at a glass with SN is a totally other deal.
I wish I could do it occasionally, get up in the morning, have coffee, than kill myself.
Your suffering hasn't hit critical levels yet. My suffering goes into red and then dips into tolerable. Back and forth

• Hugs
Reactions: AutoTap, yetme and SmellyRat
yetme

yetme

Arcanist
Oct 20, 2019
Your suffering hasn't hit critical levels yet. My suffering goes into red and then dips into tolerable. Back and forth

Yeah same here. My problem is chronic pain. Im in between killing myself and hoping that somehow it'll become better. Im kinda surprised that Im still alive I should've died a few months ago, but it turns out human body is kinda hard to kill
Im also scared of ending up in more pain that Im currently in right now. Any salt increases my pain levels alot and SN is a salt. I know it for 20 minutes only, but during pain attacks subjective time tends to stretch

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Disappointered, sadworld and SmellyRat
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I wanna end it so badly but I can't bring myself to actually do it... I don't know if it's my SI but if it is my SI then it's fucking huge.

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, AutoTap and profoundexperience
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
I don't think I have a very strong SI. But I'm also alive... and in Hell, so who really knows, I'm stupid, ignore me.

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and profoundexperience
U

Umbrellaterm

All parents are evil incarnate
Oct 22, 2020
I wanna end it so badly but I can't bring myself to actually do it... I don't know if it's my SI but if it is my SI then it's fucking huge.
Might as well be that you're too scared of death, which is what I would put my bets on in your case.

You will notice SI when you've experienced it and in most cases you will have to be really close to intentional death.

Answering OP;
Everyone is different. Short answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: AutoTap
yetme

yetme

Arcanist
Oct 20, 2019
Yeah, I think there are 2 stages of SI.
1st when you have everything ready, but you make excuses like some unfinished business you need to take care of before the bus.
2nd actual SI it's when you are facing death.
I was able to go past stage 1, but backed off on stage 2. Couldn't make myself to drink SN.

• Love
Reactions: Marauder, profoundexperience and sadworld
U

Umbrellaterm

Oct 22, 2020
1st when you have everything ready, but you make excuses like some unfinished business you need to take care of before the bus.
I was able to go past stage 1, but backed off on stage 2. Couldn't make myself to drink SN.
Your "stage 2" doesn't have to be SI.

Do you think SI can "force" you not drink the SN? Cmon, it's an instinct we're talking about here. Sure the CNS is advanced and all that but I don't think your body could advice against poisonous water.

The more plausible explanation is that you want to live more than you want to die and that people on this board are using the term SI instead of actually saying that it's really about their fear of death and remaining hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marauder and profoundexperience
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Yes, I made it to stage 2 aswell...

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lilacmoon
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Sep 23, 2020
Yeah, stage 1 is the easy part. I'm able to get past it.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and sadworld
U

Umbrellaterm

Oct 22, 2020
Yeah, stage 1 is the easy part. I'm able to get past it.
There are no stages to SI !!
You still have hope and/or fear death, that's your perception of SI.

It's just that people are prone to categorize in order to make things easier for the mind.

Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Sep 23, 2020
There are no stages to SI !!

It's just that humans are prone to categorize in order to make things easier for the mind.
im sorry im stupid :(

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager and SmellyRat
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
I think we're hard wired to avoid and move away from pain, and to seek out and experience pleasure, so it's how you brain interprets alive/dying and which is pleasure/pain.

I think it's like a weighing scale, on one side is staying alive, on the other is dying. If we're afraid that the dying part might be painful or unpleasant the staying alive side wins because it seems more pleasurable by comparison.

If being alive is really painful, then dying seems more pleasant by comparison because it will make the pain go away and that side wins.

SI or no SI is the difference between the 2.

Reactions: WearyWanderer
peacechoice

peacechoice

Experienced
Oct 11, 2020
Yes, the day I die. With all my prep work, that's how it should feel, like a task that I'd do any other day.

blueflame

blueflame

Nov 17, 2020
Like taking your shoes off when you get home? You take off your "outside" clothes when you don't need them anymore so I guess it's similar? A high level of detachment from the object is present so it's easier. Maybe they've reached a point where to them their body is on the same level as an empty can of tomato sauce....they can easily dispose of it if it serves them no purpose anymore? So as to not "hoard"....or something....

• Love
Reactions: profoundexperience and shay23
bornintoagrave

bornintoagrave

Nov 17, 2020
I'm moving in this direction.

A year ago I struggled. I was so sad. I cried a lot, every day. I thought about it ALL the time. It consumed my life. Every moment was an opportunity. I listened to too much Frightened Rabbit. I came close a few times, but I was always too emotional and even hopeful to do it.

Now, a year later, I'm numb, bored, and apathetic to all of this BS. That microscopic sliver of hope and optimism that keeps us all here is GONE. I haven't cried in a while. I exchanged my Frightened Rabbit records for silence. I haven't made any attempts. I don't even think about it that much. I don't know when it will happen, and I'm not itching to get it done. I don't think I'll make much of a fuss when the time comes. I'm still afraid of that last moment, but it's getting easier with time. I'm mostly at peace with it, at least as much as a person possibly can be. There are two reasons I haven't CTB yet. One, my dog. Two, I'm hoping to hear back from one specific person before I CTB.