Liru2002

Liru2002

Jun 19, 2023
Saw many posts that reported pain with SN. The first thing I heard about SN was, that people called it the new Nembutal but I don't believe that anymore. I know a peaceful death is not guaranteed, but are there better methods available?

D

Deleted member 65988

It seriously bothers me how people believed this narrative of sn being the direct nembutal replacement. I have no idea how it even begun or who started it but its incorrect. It also shows how reluctant people are do their own research, a bit of reliant to believe what's said by someone else without double checking it.

Reactions: myusername890, kvsvenky100 and Liru2002
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Inert gas

N if you are willing to travel to Latin America and try to procure it in person
It seriously bothers me how people believed this narrative of sn being the direct nembutal replacement. I have no idea how it even begun or who started it but its incorrect. It also shows how reluctant people are do their own research, a bit of reliant to believe what's said by someone else without double checking it.
Honestly we probably have Nitschke to blame in part for propagating that myth.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, ScubaCTB, Jarni and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 65988

Honestly we probably have Nitschke to blame in part for propagating that myth.
Oh wait, you have a point there but did he literally mean SN being the "new" nembutal in terms efficacy or accessibility.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Oh wait, you have a point there but did he literally mean SN being the "new" nembutal in terms efficacy or accessibility.
I don't know but his group did hype it up then revised.

But you are right about people allowing themselves to be duped into thinking it is something it is not. That is frustrating.

• Yay!
Reactions: kvsvenky100, Talvikki and Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

But you are right about people allowing themselves to be duped into thinking it is something it is not. That is frustrating.
It is frustrating for me and I don't think it's warranted at all especially if you've done enough research into it to know as much as possible

I do remember though, they did hype it significantly as a method.

• Wow
Reactions: kvsvenky100 and Talvikki
A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
SN is very unpleasant. Much better are: nembutal, morphine, fentanyl, heroin

Reactions: kvsvenky100, Liru2002, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023

If SN's "very unpleasant" then most methods are at least that too and then some.

Most people I read of who tried to ctb with it and failed seem to say it wasn't that bad and that it's still their method of choice for their next attempt.

Taking it is not going to be a barrel of laughs but you're killing yourself, not getting high. Nor is it comparable to N. Most people know it isn't but N is very difficult to obtain now. SN is relatively peaceful, accessible (though that's changing fast) and relatively straightforward to implement. Its popularity on here is for those reasons, not because people think it's N or that it guarantees 0% suffering.

Last edited:
Reactions: nattanatta, Circles, kvsvenky100 and 6 others
Talvikki

Talvikki

Warlock
Nov 18, 2021

You really don't know what you're talking about do you?

S

ScubaCTB

Student
Jan 1, 2024
Saw many posts that reported pain with SN. The first thing I heard about SN was, that people called it the new Nembutal but I don't believe that anymore. I know a peaceful death is not guaranteed, but are there better methods available?

Inert gas, if done right, is truly the only peaceful way other than N - IF YOU DO IT RIGHT. I've been reading the inert gas threads over and over to ensure I do it right (though I'll be asking more questions here up until D-Day). I've also read many stories and scientific case studies about it, like the one linked below. Take one or two breaths of the gas with the mask on, and you lose consciousness. 3-5 minutes later, you are gone. It's not the cheapest method though. So far I've spend close to $700 on the mask, regulator, and nitrogen tank (and my camoflauge tree suit I'll be wearing so nobody finds me in the woods/mountains). Will probably buy a second tank just in case, and I still need to figure out the adapter thing.

I won't do SN because of the same concerns you listed. Too many very unpleasant news stories about it and accounts here. I was thinking about pairing it with inert gas, but that doesn't seem wise.

L

LastBitOfJoy

Dec 18, 2023
The pain is reported in "some cases" with SN, it doesn't directly cause pain. Also SN is very successful (%82 success rate)

I am not trying to hype it or make it look like an awesome method, but it's a much much better and more peaceful process than other methods.

Of course SN is not nembutal, but I would go with SN and endure some of the possible light pain rather than go with any other method because of how easier it is to get result from.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kasumi and dggtscccvfd
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
You really don't know what you're talking about do you?
That depends.

Instead of wasting your time being passive-aggressive, maybe you can be constructive and actually correct what you think needs correcting.

• Yay!
Reactions: kvsvenky100, Deleted member 65988, Captive_Mind515 and 1 other person
Talvikki

Talvikki

Warlock
Nov 18, 2021
That depends.

Instead of wasting your time being passive-aggressive, maybe you can be constructive and actually correct what you think needs correcting.
I don't understand why you think it's an aggressive comment; you make an unwise comment yourself that provokes such a response..

C

co667

Dec 6, 2023
I'm in Canada myself and my challenge is procuring SN still as still very hard to do so but think inking its my best chance to CTB over obtaining an N tank here ;/

Princess_Kitty

Princess_Kitty

Lost kitty
Jan 4, 2024
I think the "best option" (though there isn't really a best option) for a guaranteed peaceful and painless death is a gun to the head. But, with how hard and the time it takes to obtain a gun that wouldn't really be an option. Not to mention money. Some don't have thousands of dollars.

Jumping from bridge/building as gory as it is isn't really better either because of location. Though you wouldn't really feel anything.

Overdosing is probably close it'll get to just falling asleep at night and never waking up. But, it's not always guaranteed and it's not guaranteed to be peaceful.

So, really there is no "good" option, there's just options. All have risks and all have chances to fail. It's just a matter of choosing one that's accessible to you.

• Informative
Reactions: IreRIOT
Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

A handshake of carbon monoxide
Jul 24, 2023
Most of these are not commercially available for purchase. Unless you're savvy with dark web markets or have a dealer. But then there's always the case of all opioids lacking in purity + the outright scams in some of these marketplaces. Also, shipping it across borders is a big no-no. SN is literally available for like a couple dollars where I'm from and odds are I don't get taken to the police station for purchasing any.

That being said, opioid sounds like the most pleasant method out of all the ones I've seen.

Reactions: aGoodDayToDie and Kasumi
Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
SN is generally considered peaceful, it's not painful - that doesn't mean it's exactly comfortable - usually it does not hurt, there are some uncomfortable sensations involved, I mean feeling like throwing up isn't exactly fun, but it doesn't hurt, same with trachycardia.

SN is a good option, but it's not falling-asleep-peaceful.
As others already mentioned, Inert Gas is the only thing that really is 100% peaceful, no discomfort whatsoever, literally going to sleep and never waking up again.
If you have the funds, space and privacy then definitely go for that.

Otherwise there are still plenty of other options aside from SN.
My favourites including GBL, any cardiac switch drug combined with strong sedatives (should be pretty peaceful due to the fact that you're already unconscious by the time the deadly drug kicks in), partial or night night are relatively peaceful physical methods, if done right you don't feel anything aside some pressure and pass out in seconds.

• Informative
Reactions: ApathyToLife
L

Lostindespair3

Dec 13, 2023
Inert gas, if done right, is truly the only peaceful way other than N - IF YOU DO IT RIGHT. I've been reading the inert gas threads over and over to ensure I do it right (though I'll be asking more questions here up until D-Day). I've also read many stories and scientific case studies about it, like the one linked below. Take one or two breaths of the gas with the mask on, and you lose consciousness. 3-5 minutes later, you are gone. It's not the cheapest method though. So far I've spend close to $700 on the mask, regulator, and nitrogen tank (and my camoflauge tree suit I'll be wearing so nobody finds me in the woods/mountains). Will probably buy a second tank just in case, and I still need to figure out the adapter thing.

I won't do SN because of the same concerns you listed. Too many very unpleasant news stories about it and accounts here. I was thinking about pairing it with inert gas, but that doesn't seem wise.

It does sound like the best way..the difficulty comes with accessibility and feasibility. If you live with someone, or your family is watching you closely, getting all that stuff can be close to impossible. Which sucks so much for those of us it applies to!!

Reactions: ScubaCTB
_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023
SN does seem to be moderately unpleasant. Aside from reliability, the generally accepted protocol aims to mitigate as much of this as can reasonably be done. SN just so happens to be affordable and more accessible to a lot of people than more pleasant methods are anymore. The failure reports honestly terrify us although it seems most are avoidable by adhering to protocol strictly.

Inert gas would be the closest to N as far as how pleasant it would be, and even then, SI can kick and cause one to abort an attempt. Inert gas just happens to induce unconsciousness a lot faster than SN does and doesn't have all of the unpleasant physical effects to deal with and doesn't usually trigger a panic SI response.

CO, done correctly could be quite peaceful. So many people unfortunately unintentionally pass via CO poisoning every year without even knowing they were exposed to it.

Since we see the cardiac switch method mentioned, we doubt that is really pleasant either. Sedatives can help deal with this while sedatives can potentially ruin a CTB attempt with SN as one may lose portions of their dose, even while unconscious with no way to follow it up with a re-dose.

Unfortunately, no method is perfect. The human body is quite resilient and choosing to CTB means fighting an entire evolutionary history that made us more resilient. After all, humans can safely consume many substances that are fatal to many other species with minimal or even no side effects from them.

Methods that restrict blood flow to the brain such as partial, NN, and full suspension also don't seem very pleasant before one hopefully loses consciousness. And there seems to be a lot of variance. For instance, we have tried many times to find our 'sweet-spot' but can't induce loss of consciousness without also triggering at least some panic. Even when we are clearly cutting off blood flow to, rather than from, we just can't get to the point of unconsciousness in a reasonably safe trial.
It really is a tragedy that N may as well not exist anymore for most. It seems that the only unpleasant aspect of N is the awful bitter taste. Even with such a near ideal method, some can't stand the taste for long enough to consume it.

Reactions: Yavannah and Kasumi
S

ScubaCTB

Student
Jan 1, 2024
It does sound like the best way..the difficulty comes with accessibility and feasibility. If you live with someone, or your family is watching you closely, getting all that stuff can be close to impossible. Which sucks so much for those of us it applies to!!

Yes, that's understandable and true. Once I decided to CTB, I blew what little money I had left over. I sold my MacBook to buy everything. And if you have to hide everything (e.g. renting a small unit) and have to have everything sent somewhere other than your house (rent a mailbox), then those are added expenses. I really just hope it works the first time.

Reactions: Lostindespair3
D

Deleted member 65988

So, are there any that are without regulation/restrictions or requiring a business license?

A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
So, are there any that are without regulation/restrictions or requiring a business license?
Argon/nitrogen. Charcoal CO method. Nothing else really. At best you need a prescription for stuff like amitryptaline and diazepam. At worst it's virtually impossible to get. And as time goes on everything is jyst getting stricter and stricter. Fucking nightmare

Reactions: Yavannah
A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
If you don't know about other methods, this doesn't mean they don't exist.
I've been trying to kms for 22 years. Done my fair share of research. Sure I don't know everything but there are only so many things that are readily available. Unless youreca skilled chemist with access to a decent lab options are fucking limited. There are lots of bullshit methods people talk about but most are jyst stupid. Either they won't work or result in agonising deaths. Trust me. Governments put enormous resources into making methods of dying very hard to access. You obviously haven't explored suicide much because your optimism is... tragic, frankly. You're in for a big disappointment

Reactions: Deleted member 65988, Old Friend and dggtscccvfd
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
I've been trying to kms for 22 years. Done my fair share of research.
Could you enumerate all methods of producing and inhaling CO you know and tell about their pros and cons against incomplete combustion of charcoal?