thatguyakira123

thatguyakira123

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
These days I feel, worry and overthink things too much. I just wanna feel numb for a while. Are there any otc drugs that can help with that that doesn't have shitty side effects?

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Cyanide and 1 other person
anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
What do you usually take?

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and Cyanide
L

Lotharius

Mar 20, 2018
Normally weed, occationally benadryl or alcohol.

I second benadryl, helps a bit depending on how bad a state I'm in. I slug alcohol and it helps but the side effects make it something I would not recommend getting heavily into. Getting on my feet and moving around for some exercise for a period of time helps me a lot if I'm not drunk. Apologize that I'm not much help but this is a good question that could really help people.

Reactions: thatguyakira123
ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
Legally, cbd oil or depending on your region or state, weed itself would do wonders.

Illegally, take whatever you want. My pyschopath brother said that an ego death through DMT or some hallucination drug, caused him to lose all his wants and needs to die, or be anxious over the unknown.

Reactions: thatguyakira123
anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
Normally weed, occationally benadryl or alcohol.

It depends on the degree of anxiety you have ...
But all anxiolytics have short and long term side effects.

It is also true that not all people react equally to side effects.
There are people who are very sensitive to these effects and others not so ...

Alcohol does not seem to be helpful with anxiety.

You can try maybe bromazepan, if your anxiety is very strong and durable. But keep in mind that they could create dependency.

CBT oil (I have not tried it), but I have read that it can help with anxiety. Although you would have to inform yourself well and ask someone to understand what would be right for you and the dose you should take.

There is also a wide variety of herbal products that could work (example: strong or 5-HTP).
The oliogoelementos like the lithium combined with some other, also could work.

Exercise like going for a run, walking, yoga ... works for many people.

Reactions: thatguyakira123 and Lotharius
thatguyakira123

thatguyakira123

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
Legally, cbd oil or depending on your region or state, weed itself would do wonders.

Where I live CBD oil and weed is illegal, unfortunately. Though since I'm able to get weed I'll see if I can get it as well.

Illegally, take whatever you want. My pyschopath brother said that an ego death through DMT or some hallucination drug, caused him to lose all his wants and needs to die, or be anxious over the unknown.

Damn, makes me wanna try it.

It depends on the degree of anxiety you have ...

On good days I feel "normal" but on bad days shit hits the fan.Most days I'm inbetween.

Alcohol does not seem to be helpful with anxiety.

Actually I find it more effective than weed, the only reason why don't drink too much dispite it being easy to get and cheap is literally becuase I follow a healthy diet.

Exercise like going for a run, walking, yoga ... works for many people.

I am a skateboarder. It helps but too bad it's only limited to when the activty is being done. Yeah I realize the irony of someone with anxiety skateboarding.

There is also a wide variety of herbal products that could work (example: strong or 5-HTP).

Is strong different from 5-Htp? I can't seem to find it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
FullFat

FullFat

^best order at Micky-D's ever
Apr 27, 2018

I'm interested in hearing more about this. One, you say he's a psychopath. Two, I was interested in psychedelics for a time. I ended up having a horrible reality-bending episode with pot edibles (+alcohol because I'm a dumbass) that turned me off of trying psychedelics. Part of me is still curious about it though.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
I'm interested in hearing more about this. One, you say he's a psychopath. Two, I was interested in psychedelics for a time. I ended up having a horrible reality-bending episode with pot edibles (+alcohol because I'm a dumbass) that turned me off of trying psychedelics. Part of me is still curious about it though.
Hes been diagnosed with some sort of personality disorder when he was younger. He doesnt care about consequences, lies and manipulates to achieve gain, prefers illegality methods of money making as opposed to legal methods. Experiences no emotions aside from the occasional rage.

He admitted to me when he was younger he was different than others, and was so alone in that difference that he wanted to die. He took what I believe was DMT or something like that, and he told me he died an ego death. It opened his eyes and he didnt want to die and he didnt experience anxiety anymore...shortly after that he drove his baby momma to the woods and at gunpoint told her to dig herself a grave. She got out of it, but hes been narrowly avoiding murder and life in prison like its a job, all with a smile on his face. Hes a truly twisted individual.

FullFat

FullFat

Apr 27, 2018
To be perfectly honest, alcohol is the only non-prescription thing I've found that would work as you describe. of course, you've heard all the PSAs, but I 'll add my 2c. Tolerance and dependence can be bad bitches. I know from experience that if you quit suddenly after regularly drinking for months, your anxiety will skyrocket as your body adjusts to life without the daily depressant it has learned to anticipate. Other problems include weight gain and gastrointestinal issues like heartburn, especially because you'll probably drink it at night before bed.

I only have some good OTC suggestions for insomnia, which anxiety often creates. Valerian root is legit; it's not just health food store BS. I drink the tea. Manipulating melatonin was the real game changer for me thougb. 3-4 hours before bedtime, take 1-2 mg of melatonin (more may cause sleep hangover the next day) and put on blue light blocking glasses if possible. I got the cheapos by Uvex on Amazon for about $10, but there are better looking ones of you don't want to look like a complete dork.

I have used Benadryl before too, and I still turn to it in a pinch, but sleep hangover and tolerance are big problems for me with benadryl.

FullFat

FullFat

Apr 27, 2018
Hes been diagnosed with some sort of personality disorder when he was younger. He doesnt care about consequences, lies and manipulates to achieve gain, prefers illegality methods of money making as opposed to legal methods. Experiences no emotions aside from the occasional rage.

He admitted to me when he was younger he was different than others, and was so alone in that difference that he wanted to die. He took what I believe was DMT or something like that, and he told me he died an ego death. It opened his eyes and he didnt want to die and he didnt experience anxiety anymore...shortly after that he drove his baby momma to the woods and at gunpoint told her to dig herself a grave. She got out of it, but hes been narrowly avoiding murder and life in prison like its a job, all with a smile on his face. Hes a truly twisted individual.
Goddamn, I'm sorry you had to be around such a shitty person. I've always wondered why psychopaths have a higher suicide risk. Like your brother post-drugs, they just don't seem to give a fuck about anything or anyone besides themselves. Could they actually hate themselves? Is it difficult for them to feel pleasure/happiness? I honestly just don't get it. They seem pretty dang gleeful and nonchalant to me.

N

Nova

May 26, 2018
These days I feel, worry and overthink things too much. I just wanna feel numb for a while. Are there any otc drugs that can help with that that doesn't have shitty side effects?

Plenty. Most of them plant extracts :
Ashwagandha
Lavender essential oil
High dose magnesium. ( especially Magnesium Glycinate )
Lemon Balm extract
L-Theanine
Kava Kava ( careful with this one however if you are a heavy alcohol drinker. Possible liver issues interactions )
Relora
Bacopa

Reactions: dano6533 and thatguyakira123
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
If I already didn't pay for a few meds, I would love to take something for anxiety. You know, not overthinking and worrying about things once in my 27 years of life would be such a relief. I just can't afford it and I guess I would need a prescription, too.

If I lived alone I would definitely buy weed. My cousin smokes it for years so it wouldn't be a problem to get my hands into it. But I live in my mother's house and I don't want trouble.

Reactions: M0D, dano6533 and thatguyakira123
Squidward

Squidward

This is as brave as I know how to be...
Apr 18, 2018
L-theanine is the only otc thing I've used specifically for anxiety. It keeps coffee from kicking my ass.

I like alcohol and benadryl for sleep and escape. But for those reasons I'm kinda surprised people are recommending it for anxiety. I've never considered distractions a good way to relieve anxiety, it seems to just build up while it waits for you to notice it again.

thatguyakira123

thatguyakira123

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018

My older brother is similar. He loves to emotionally blackmail people, argue and abuse them and then play the victim. Everything he does is for his own gain, for attention and to treat others as shit. He oly cares about himself. Thing is he's not suicidal, likes to do things the legal way and never touched drugs. That still doesn't stop him from making an arguement for no reason other than to ostrcise you so that he feels good about himself. He tried to kill me 3 times and when I was younger he used to abuse me sexually. The fucked up thing is that kinda fucked up mentality is why he has a sucsessful job and happyness, which is why my family loves him.

Reactions: dano6533
EricRoche

EricRoche

Apr 7, 2018
Could you get blackmarket benzos?

Honestly, stupid western governments have been successful in taking away power from people regarding mind altering substances. Many illegal drugs were once legal 100yrs ago.

Getting back to the point, you could try an antihistamine, L-tryptophan and/or 5-HTP