R

Ryath

Apr 26, 2019
So far coming into this, I have very little information - I am kind of fascinated by the motivation to CTB with another as most intentionally introvert themselves; some advertisements of a suicide pact even seem like a suicidal dating profile to find their soulmate to journey into the afterlife with.

Has anyone actually heard of a suicide pact that has been formed personally and worked? Particularly from this forum.

Do you have anything to add onto the idea of suicide pacts and if they relate to you?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Empty Smile
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
Basically, pacts are 50/50 imo. Finding the right person who will follow through with you, is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Honigwaffel and esclava
English_Rose

English_Rose

Luna-Nera
Feb 11, 2019
I've often thought of Suicide pacts as a Romeo/Juliet situation, and almost seems romantic. But I've thought about suicide pacts going wrong, what if just before you both CTB, one decides to back out of that pact and not CTB! would the other person be so desperate to CTB with someone, that they would lose their minds with you changing your plan to not CTB and suddenly kill you, like Murder/Suicide.

You back out of CTB with them and they then decide to kill you and themselves..Strange to think that, but is often crossed my mind. A genuine curiosity of mine.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Broken
throwaway777

throwaway777

一人、部屋で、独り。
Oct 3, 2018
i could never kms with someone bc anxiety ..like i dont want to spend my last moments worrying about what im saying or what the other person thinks of me .. but i think it would be comforting to have someone , not a stranger but a FrIeNd that u trust offing themselves with you .. oh and a reliable method for both ofc

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Batstern
B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
So far coming into this, I have very little information - I am kind of fascinated by the motivation to CTB with another as most intentionally introvert themselves; some advertisements of a suicide pact even seem like a suicidal dating profile to find their soulmate to journey into the afterlife with.

Has anyone actually heard of a suicide pact that has been formed personally and worked? Particularly from this forum.

Do you have anything to add onto the idea of suicide pacts and if they relate to you?
I do not know if anyone on SS has successfully ctb' with another member. I know of one case where a user who's now ctb'd was let down right at the last moment. They'd bought N for themselves and the other person. Think they'd met before and everything was sorted intil they decided not to show. That must have been really sad for the SS member who had put his trust in them to be let down like that right before death
I've often thought of Suicide pacts as a Romeo/Juliet situation, and almost seems romantic. But I've thought about suicide pacts going wrong, what if just before you both CTB, one decides to back out of that pact and not CTB! would the other person be so desperate to CTB with someone, that they would lose their minds with you changing your plan to not CTB and suddenly kill you, like Murder/Suicide.

You back out of CTB with them and they then decide to kill you and themselves..Strange to think that, but is often crossed my mind. A genuine curiosity of mine.
I'd be most worried about getting done for assisting a suicide if I was in that situation and couldn't go through with it but the partner did

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisatrap
Elek

Elek

Student
Feb 2, 2019
I know of one case where a user who's now ctb'd was let down right at the last moment. They'd bought N for themselves and the other person. Think they'd met before and everything was sorted intil they decided not to show. That must have been really sad for the SS member who had put his trust in them to be let down like that right before
death

Ouch, that hurts :ehh:

Redrock

Redrock

Student
Mar 5, 2019
I do not know, but you will face a manslaughter charge for attempting with a partner if you somehow survive.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, ArtVandelay and esclava
B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
I do not know, but you will face a manslaughter charge for attempting with a partner if you somehow survive.
Yeh that'd be my worry if I did it with a partner.

I actually think it will be a lot easier without a partner. Less to worry about going wrong by yourself

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Empty Smile and littlelungs
Retched

Retched

I see the chaos in your eyes.
Oct 8, 2018
Location, timing and even the damn weather can mess up a plan, not to mention legal ramifications. Partnership are generally hard to stay in, it takes a lot of commitment and the right circumstances.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Honigwaffel, Empty Smile and 1 other person
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
I've often thought of Suicide pacts as a Romeo/Juliet situation, and almost seems romantic.
Some are most definitely pathologically romanticized.

I have a lot of empathy for others, because it's a last-ditch effort to seek human connection, it's completely understandable.

Reactions: Yolkeating:) and Lifeisatrap
WolfgangA

WolfgangA

Devil’s Advocate
Apr 9, 2019
Pacts are as reliable as the people in them, then the other variables comes in play e.g. meds gone bad/vomit/SI response ....
I think the idea would be get to know them, perhaps someday meet in person(if possible), continue to get to know them ... finally when the time comes and if you're still wondering, well you already know the answer.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
It is a huge risk to set a pact, both socially and legally. When setting up a pact, a HUGE amount of trust is required to ensure that either you nor your partner doesn't back out or fail and you or your partner ending up with the consequences. Furthermore, there are people out there with really malevolent intent who take advantage of those in really vulnerable situations who will try to get you locked up, rob, scam, or just plain outright make your life even worse.

I personally don't trust people enough to set up a pact as it is really dangerous and the consequences can be worse than the current situation. With that said, it is up to you whether or not you want to make a pact, but understand the risks before going through.

R

Ryath

Apr 26, 2019
I've read quite a few posts on the megathread and elsewhere as well about suicide pacts. Do you believe it's peoples' last reach for a soulmate that they romanticize? Is it fear and support that motivates people to seek others out? Can others succeed where I have failed?