N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I wonder how people in Africa can support Russia. Russia basically wants to starve them. Maybe it is our fault. By not taking them seriously. Because we colonized them and treated them paternalisticly. Maybe we just feel superior to them. Also concerning our values and actions.

I think most people don't want to waste much time on self-reflecting. Everyone is busy with their own life. I think this thought was one of mine when I was more into antinatalism. We here in Western society profit from the inequality on this planet. We just ignore it every single day in order not to feel guilty. I thought a child in Germany probably profits from all inequality on this earth. For example due to the cheaper products we can get here.

I think many people are not often self-aware about it. I don't doubt that also in Western countries you can have horrible life quality. And suffer due to poverty. But many people who procreate don't see which power structures they caburize.

It is one of these uncomfortable things we want to forget about. It is just unpleasant being reminded that we profit from their suffering.

Though I also think that many people in these country need more education. Also about contraception. I recently watched the news. I am not sure which African country but there is something like a famine. They interviewed a mother. She asked the journalists how she shall feed her 9 children without a job. Yeah when I hear stuff like that I get desperate about the world. This is a difficult topic. And you can often sound paternalistic or even racist when talking about it. But I think it should be questioned if parents without a job, future, income, health insurance etc. bring 9 new sentient beings in this world. I don't blame the people who do this. But they need better education.

It is better for them and their children. Lets say if they only have 2 children these little humans have way better life prospects. I just remember another report from Africa. Also about poverty. A mother with I think 7 children (cannot remember it exactly) had to leave some of her children alone. In order to save some of them.I think she wanted to save 2 of them and sacrificed the rest. I don't want to be in the shoes of this mother and it probably must be heartbreaking. But I get really depressed when I imagine how these people and children suffer under horrible circumstances. Sometimes it is just better not to procreate. In my opinion.

Last edited:
AQUA

AQUA

Headstone
Dec 2, 2020
1) Why is Russia the only country you bring up around not supporting the continent of Africa, (which btw is far from the truth) and why not the rest of Europe or the world for that matter? Maybe it's because it's easier to blame an entire continent's issues on a single scapegoated country?

2)People generally have different opinions, not because they "don't want to waste much time on self-reflecting" but because they are other people with different experiences and views. Ask anyone that knows or has identical twins if they are the same and you'll get a hard NO. So if identical twins hold different beliefs and values, what makes you think we all could too?

3)Who the hell are you to tell people how many kids they can have depending on their current and future economic circumstances, and how dare you put parents that want/have more kids than you deem appropriate below you because you have the view that if only people were more educated they wouldn't have more kids. which is a good thing? :/

I don't think we're ignorant by definition to it though I understand what you mean.
I can't walk past homeless people without helping, and for the longest time questioned how others could do anything but that until I realised, as no one continually suggested to me, "you should help the homeless people", that may be the expectation that people should be helped wasn't for other people but a guide to me. In time people help the homeless and less fortunate, but some of us are just more initially sensitive to it.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
1) Why is Russia the only country you bring up around not supporting the continent of Africa, (which btw is far from the truth) and why not the rest of Europe or the world for that matter? Maybe it's because it's easier to blame an entire continent's issues on a single scapegoated country?

2)People generally have different opinions, not because they "don't want to waste much time on self-reflecting" but because they are other people with different experiences and views. Ask anyone that knows or has identical twins if they are the same and you'll get a hard NO. So if identical twins hold different beliefs and values, what makes you think we all could too?

3)Who the hell are you to tell people how many kids they can have depending on their current and future economic circumstances, and how dare you put parents that want/have more kids than you deem appropriate below you because you have the view that if only people were more educated they wouldn't have more kids. which is a good thing? :/

I don't think we're ignorant by definition to it though I understand what you mean.
I can't walk past homeless people without helping, and for the longest time questioned how others could do anything but that until I realised, as no one continually suggested to me, "you should help the homeless people", that may be the expectation that people should be helped wasn't for other people but a guide to me. In time people help the homeless and less fortunate, but some of us are just more initially sensitive to it.
Honestly I don't really understand your reply.

For example your first point. I have criticized Western countries a lot how they treat Africa in my post.

"Maybe it is our fault. By not taking them seriously. Because we colonized them and treated them paternalisticly. Maybe we just feel superior to them. Also concerning our values and actions."

"I think most people don't want to waste much time on self-reflecting. Everyone is busy with their own life. I think this thought was one of mine when I was more into antinatalism. We here in Western society profit from the inequality on this planet. We just ignore it every single day in order not to feel guilty. I thought a child in Germany probably profits from all inequality on this earth. For example due to the cheaper products we can get here."

I am not sure about this misunderstanding. When I talk about us I don't mean Russia. I am not in Russia.

I absolutely don't get why you say I would only blame Russia?

Here is what you have written:

"1) Why is Russia the only country you bring up around not supporting the continent of Africa, (which btw is far from the truth) and why not the rest of Europe or the world for that matter? Maybe it's because it's easier to blame an entire continent's issues on a single scapegoated country?"

Last edited:
MountainMonkey

MountainMonkey

Student
Jun 17, 2022
If it were up to me, all humans would be infertile

AQUA

AQUA

Headstone
Dec 2, 2020
Honestly I don't really understand your reply.

For example your first point. I have criticized Western countries a lot how they treat Africa in my post.

"Maybe it is our fault. By not taking them seriously. Because we colonized them and treated them paternalisticly. Maybe we just feel superior to them. Also concerning our values and actions."

"I think most people don't want to waste much time on self-reflecting. Everyone is busy with their own life. I think this thought was one of mine when I was more into antinatalism. We here in Western society profit from the inequality on this planet. We just ignore it every single day in order not to feel guilty. I thought a child in Germany probably profits from all inequality on this earth. For example due to the cheaper products we can get here."

I am not sure about this misunderstanding. When I talk about us I don't mean Russia. I am not in Russia.

I absolutely don't get why you say I would only blame Russia?

Here is what you have written:

"1) Why is Russia the only country you bring up around not supporting the continent of Africa, (which btw is far from the truth) and why not the rest of Europe or the world for that matter? Maybe it's because it's easier to blame an entire continent's issues on a single scapegoated country?"
The only country you said was Russia, the rest of the locations were continents. "I wonder how people in Africa can support Russia. Russia basically wants to starve them."

If you want to make such a bold statement @noname223 you're gonna have to back it up with facts.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
The only country you said was Russia, the rest of the locations were continents. "I wonder how people in Africa can support Russia. Russia basically wants to starve them."

If you want to make such a bold statement @noname223 you're gonna have to back it up with facts.
Germany is no continent.

"We just ignore it every single day in order not to feel guilty. I thought a child in Germany probably profits from all inequality on this earth. For example due to the cheaper products we can get here."

And by the way: the only continent I mentioned was Africa. Rich, western countries is no term for a continent. So I only mentioned one continent (Africa). And the rest were unspecified (rich), Western countries. Except Germany which I mentioned seperately.

Last edited: