nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
I'm 5ft 5in and have been told on Tinder and in real life that I'm good looking but my height is a dealbreaker for many men. I'm even talking about women shorter than me.

I'd like to date a woman who is 5ft 8 to 5ft 10 but let's be honest, is it hard to meet a taller woman willing to date a shorter man?

ForSale?

ForSale?

Clearance Sale: 100% Off
Jun 8, 2020
There are certainly short men that get with tall women.

^ Kendrick Lamar Duckworth has been dating his taller fiancée since high school, when he was dirt poor mind you.

I hold my belief fervently that, although first impressions can be extremely misleading, the best relationships are formed from compatible personalities.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sensei, dec132013, Deleted member 14573 and 2 others
K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
Generally yes m, not repulsed, no, but less attracted than to tall men. Idk why people keep denying this.
I am transgender but I feel the same about height in men and I don't know even why.

Reactions: Stavrogin and Philosykos
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
I'm 5ft 5in and have been told on Tinder and in real life that I'm good looking but my height is a dealbreaker for many men. I'm even talking about women shorter than me.

I'd like to date a woman who is 5ft 8 to 5ft 10 but let's be honest, is it hard to meet a taller woman willing to date a shorter man?
Hay i am 6ft 4 and i tend to scare women of LOL . Don't help i am a round 18 stone to so not just tall i am bit chunky to HAHA . Sum one ones use to call me man mountain LOL :)

4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
On average, women prefer men even height or taller. And as someone else said, sometimes you can be too tall. The good news is there are women who are shorter than 5' 5". I also have a secret to tell you, there is more to a person than height. You will be judged by a plethora of things. Everyone has different like, dislikes, needs and so froth. My guess is, on average, your odds go up tremendously if you treat them well, make them smile, give them attention and prove to be reliable and trustworthy. Sadly, the online world kind of destroys a lot of that.

Reactions: disabledandhopeless, faraway_beach and ForSale?
ForSale?

ForSale?

Clearance Sale: 100% Off
Jun 8, 2020
"They (short guys) prosper, they have more character, dignity, pride, talent, awareness, and are more handsome than anybody else in the world!" lol

Last edited:
serah

serah

Student
May 6, 2020
Although I do tend to prefer men who are taller than me, I have felt attraction to men who are shorter as well. I'm 5'2 so anyone taller than that works fine for me. I don't get the whole height issue, as long as someone can actually love someone like myself I could care less about their height

Reactions: Deleted member 19654 and marcusuk63
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
So just become Uber rich, Uber famous, Uber Chad or Uber mafia boss level social status ... simple and easy.

To make it short (no pun intended), yes, being short is disadvantageous since females select for body height.

You need to either compensate or find an even smaller woman; which would be easier if you moved somewhere where the average person is smaller.

Reactions: Stavrogin, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and Skathon
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
my best sex was with shorter men than me!
facts are facts

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 14573
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
answer to the title is yes, period. women think short men are disgusting. might be a hot take, i dunno.

coldeyes

coldeyes

the rumbling is comfy
Jan 9, 2019
Men are disgusting. We envy lesbians. Women are perfect. Super. Wonderful.

Philosykos

Philosykos

Student
May 30, 2020
Generally yes m, not repulsed, no, but less attracted than to tall men. Idk why people keep denying this.
I am transgender but I feel the same about height in men and I don't know even why.

This, yeah. It sucks, but in general, 'taller than me' is usually the very first thing many women will mention when asked what their type is. The reverse is also true, however. Most heterosexual men prefer a partner shorter than they are. It's worth mentioning though that tastes differ and the people whose 'type' is more of a 'list of demands set in stone' is the minority (and frankly those people are not the kind I personally would want to date). I feel fairly confident in saying that most women will overlook a partner being shorter than they are (lol) if they find they are compatible in other areas. Those physical attraction points tend to fade to the background quite a bit in a long term, serious relationship.

'Repulsion' is definitely not the right term for it, you just get the worst of those rigid demand lists in the wonderful utopia that is online dating.

All men on my father's side are short and they're all happily married. A family that frequents my workplace often is that of a man about half a head shorter than his wife and all his daughters look like they'll soon be taller than him too. They're still one of the very few who pop into my mind when I think of the elusive concept of 'happy family that I wish I had'.

Reactions: a.n.kirillov
T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
New rule:

no height complaints until after getting stood up at the altar, she tells you a couple months later she realized she was unattracted to you while some 6 foot 8 guy was inside of her, and that you don't make her feel like a woman.

Not that that happened to me, or anything.

greekyfish10

greekyfish10

i’m kinda screwed in the head but aren’t we all
Aug 1, 2020
i mean i personally like guys who are taller than me but i really wouldn't care as long as the guy was nice to me and stuff.

T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
i mean i personally like guys who are taller than me but i really wouldn't care as long as the guy was nice to me and stuff.
I'll tone down my asshole a little bit, here:

the prevalence of men (taller than me) complaining about their height gets on my nerves, especially when I've almost exclusively dated women who were taller than I am. They had your exact opinion, and I knew it: they'd rather me be taller, but we got along with one another. (hey, I'd rather every woman have gigantic perky tits, but I'm not holding my breath)

That said, people telling short men to find short women are silly: height is as sexy to 150cm women as it is to 190cm women

Reactions: greekyfish10
M

mapletree

Student
Aug 22, 2020
N of one but, no, I personally don't really care about height. I think that height is "preferred" but one of those things that for dudes can be worked around. For some ladies it's going to be a dealbreaker, just like for many guys dating a woman who has long labia or has a big nose or is too tall or has a flat ass or cellulite or small boobs or whatever is going to be a dealbreaker, but I feel like women are very likely to take other things besides physical appearance into account when dating.

T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
N of one but, no, I personally don't really care about height. I think that height is "preferred" but one of those things that for dudes can be worked around. For some ladies it's going to be a dealbreaker, just like for many guys dating a woman who has long labia or has a big nose or is too tall or has a flat ass or cellulite or small boobs or whatever is going to be a dealbreaker, but I feel like women are very likely to take other things besides physical appearance into account when dating.
just don't tell a man that then get engaged to him, do a 180, saying "I thought I didn't mind height but it's weird to be on a couch with a man with legs shorter than yours"

M

mapletree

Student
Aug 22, 2020
just don't tell a man that then get engaged to him, do a 180, saying "I thought I didn't mind height but it's weird to be on a couch with a man with legs shorter than yours"

Thats unlikely as I do not have the suite of social skills required to do the required steps and performance that would lead to engagement to a man or any lifetime partner really so you're safe there lol

Im sorry you were engaged to an asshole though :(

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Being a tall man really isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'm 6'0 and still a kissless virgin who's never been able to get a girl. This is probably because I'm also overweight and my height actually makes my fat look even uglier: anyone shorter than me who has to look up to see my face would see all my extra chins from that angle...

I also bump my head into a lot of ceilings and hate sitting in smaller cars because my legs are always uncomfortable...

M

mapletree

Student
Aug 22, 2020
Also if there was a war short men would be at an advantage with regards to modern projectile weapons. Audie Murphy was 5'5"

Being tall also comes with increased risk of health problems. So, while there may be aesthetic and social value, it doesn't seem practical for men to be tall for talls sake

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I can only speak for myself, but I don't care. I'm short, though. But dating a guy who's about my height sounds nice.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Also what if I prefer taller women? I'm even more screwed in that regard since there are far fewer women to be taller than me than if I were shorter. :aw: Similarly, I always feel extra awkward around really short women because when I'm trying to talk to them I always feel like I'm conversing with a child even when they're older than me. I sometimes feel restricted to only wanting women who are no more than three inches taller or shorter than me...

Sorry if I come off as insensitive, OP. I sincerely hope my experience makes you feel a little better about your own situation. If not, I understand and I apologize. I totally get that being short must be extremely hard for any guy who has to suffer that. There's no denying society just looks at you differently and there are certain challenges us tall people just don't have.

Last edited:
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Being a short woman, I don't have a problem with shorter guys. It's more of an issue if they're insecure/bitter about their height and it shows. This isn't from personal experience but a friend of mine who's around 5"6/7 was seeing a guy who was the same height. She wore heels to a date and the guy threw a hissy fit because he didn't like that she was taller. He went from being somebody who she was very attracted to, to being somebody who she no longer wanted to be around. Yes a lot of women prefer taller guys but things like personality/attitude etc makes all the difference.

M

mapletree

Student
Aug 22, 2020
Now that I think about it, the only times I've heard fellow ladies complain about short guys is when they suspected that said short guy was acting like a big asshole to said ladies to compensate for being short/whatever (can't say whether they were compensating but boy were they assholes!). So, maybe it's selection bias via the people I interact with, but if you're short nobody seemed to give a shit unless you assumed that whatever particular women you interacted with hated you for being short and preemptively turned it around on women to deflect the anticipated negative social reaction to being short, thus they deprived themselves of women who probably would have been more than happy to date a short Dude (These are female STEMlords, we have our own baggage, nobody likes us either), but they were put off by the above scenario.

Nothing of value to add as usual I guess, just thinking out loud

Edit: thinking even more, the women I knew who were super picky about height in guys seemed to be of a different uhhhhh cultural type than me and the people I am referring to, as in they were into the more traditional gender role stuff...if youre one of these types of people thats ok no judgement but yeah if youre looking for a very traditional woman the height stuff may matter more simply because man tall big woman short delicate, and you may have to play to certain other traditionally masculine features to make up for it...so, I acknowledge there are cultural differences here and I cant really presume to know which one you lean towards. If you want to date women who are less traditional you will likely not have as much of an issue with the height stuff, but if you are dating more traditional women yeah Im not going to pretend the height thing isnt a known barrier there but even then I feel like it could be worked around just with more effort

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 19654
T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
Being a tall man really isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'm 6'0 and still a kissless virgin who's never been able to get a girl. This is probably because I'm also overweight and my height actually makes my fat look even uglier: anyone shorter than me who has to look up to see my face would see all my extra chins from that angle...

I also bump my head into a lot of ceilings and hate sitting in smaller cars because my legs are always uncomfortable...
It's not all it's cracked up to be, but being short is bad
Thats unlikely as I do not have the suite of social skills required to do the required steps and performance that would lead to engagement to a man or any lifetime partner really so you're safe there lol

Im sorry you were engaged to an asshole though :(
True about her being an asshole, still prob will kill myself partially over height making me less attractive and people generally having the gall to deny it and call cars more comfy and combat safer
Also if there was a war short men would be at an advantage with regards to modern projectile weapons. Audie Murphy was 5'5"
You are wrong about war, ask how I know

Audie having a 50 cal when he got The Medal offset his height
Finally @mapletree 's entire post, if you spit truth the way I just did as a guy who doesn't even generally notice his height: you get called bitter. Try getting dumped the way I did with zero bitterness
I'll respond when I'm out of the gym, I only lift weights for the same reason I served in the military: crippling insecurity

Or maybe the same reasons as everyone else, physical fitness and I needed a job after high school?

Last edited:
M

mapletree

Student
Aug 22, 2020
It's not all it's cracked up to be, but being short is bad

True about her being an asshole, still prob will kill myself partially over height making me less attractive and people generally having the gall to deny it and call cars more comfy and combat safer

You are wrong about war, ask how I know

Audie having a 50 cal when he got The Medal offset his height
Finally @mapletree 's entire post, if you spit truth the way I just did as a guy who doesn't even generally notice his height: you get called bitter. Try getting dumped the way I did with zero bitterness
I'll respond when I'm out of the gym, I only lift weights for the same reason I served in the military: crippling insecurity

Or maybe the same reasons as everyone else, physical fitness and I needed a job after high school?

not denying it may make you less attractive, just like certain features on women make us less attractive, and it's pretty much our job on earth and a serious measure of our worth as human beings to be pleasing to look at- and it really shouldn't be this way, not for men or for women. never said you did things to try and compensate for being short, I don't know you personally, you asked if women find short men repulsive and you got some genuine answers from women. I used audie Murphy as an example because he's an interesting dude and I vaguely remember that he happened to be short. Nothing wrong with working out and all that, even if it's to compensate for what's considered a physical flaw, that's not what I was referring to. I was referring to certain guys who are, not gonna mince words, huge sexist assholes to women because they think that doing that will offset some flaw, it happens, and there's a fairly equal and opposite reaction for most other demographics if you switch the words and signifiers around a bit, this is not just a man/woman problem. You have every right to be bitter! Going by what you've said your fiancé was a jackass, and it would be unreasonable to ask for you not to be pissed off about that

I'm sorry you went through a lot of shit that you shouldn't have gone through; my comments were not downplaying the social importance of height for men which is a thing, as the edit to my post says, just saying that height in and of itself isn't "good" and you aren't a "bad" or "unnatural" man if you happen to be short, it's a culture bound problem and not a problem with shortness in and of itself.

any significant deviation from a mental or physical norm can be a really shitty thing to deal with, and I get it, and I guarantee a bunch of the women in here get it as well although it can be hard to see that. I don't think being too tall is the same as being too short; I guess it would be like comparing women with hourglass figures to women built stocky or broad shouldered or whatever, one is clearly preferred over the other and claiming otherwise is disingenuous (as you point out); I'm not going to come out and say one is intrinsically better than the other because one type is beloved on Instagram or whatever. There's nothing intrinsically "wrong" with stocky "unfeminine" women just like there's nothing wrong with short men, or men with baby faces, or men who don't like manly things, or men who are short with baby faces who fucking love manly things. If you want me to lie and say that tallness is always just intrinsically good and that there aren't major cultural factors at play in terms of the preference for tall people in the West, im not going to do that because that would be lying. Tall dudes aren't better. They just aren't. Just like women with cute lil button noses are not better than women with big honkin noses. One is preferred over the other, but you are not worth intrinsically less as a human being because you are closer to the ground than other men.

if you are looking for women to tell you that they find you repulsive for being short, then you should have phrased the question that way. if you're looking for the opinions of women who may have dealt with their own deviations from the norm, then you may get a variety of answers

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Leech

Leech

ɴᴏᴡ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟy ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ʀᴇᴀʟ
Aug 8, 2020
I can't speak for other women but personally no. I don't care about someone's height. I have a strong preference for tall men but I've had relationships with short men as well, it's never been a deal breaker for me. I, however, am short myself (5'1") so even the short guys were taller than me so I guess my perspective is particularily unique. I've only ever met one guy shorter than me.

T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
not denying it may make you less attractive, just like certain features on women make us less attractive, and it's pretty much our job on earth and a serious measure of our worth as human beings to be pleasing to look at- and it really shouldn't be this way, not for men or for women. never said you did things to try and compensate for being short, I don't know you personally, you asked if women find short men repulsive and you got some genuine answers from women. I used audie Murphy as an example because he's an interesting dude and I vaguely remember that he happened to be short. Nothing wrong with working out and all that, even if it's to compensate for what's considered a physical flaw, that's not what I was referring to. I was referring to certain guys who are, not gonna mince words, huge sexist assholes to women because they think that doing that will offset some flaw, it happens, and there's a fairly equal and opposite reaction for most other demographics if you switch the words and signifiers around a bit, this is not just a man/woman problem. You have every right to be bitter! Going by what you've said your fiancé was a jackass, and it would be unreasonable to ask for you not to be pissed off about that

I'm sorry you went through a lot of shit that you shouldn't have gone through; my comments were not downplaying the social importance of height for men which is a thing, as the edit to my post says, just saying that height in and of itself isn't "good" and you aren't a "bad" or "unnatural" man if you happen to be short, it's a culture bound problem and not a problem with shortness in and of itself.

any significant deviation from a mental or physical norm can be a really shitty thing to deal with, and I get it, and I guarantee a bunch of the women in here get it as well although it can be hard to see that. I don't think being too tall is the same as being too short; I guess it would be like comparing women with hourglass figures to women built stocky or broad shouldered or whatever, one is clearly preferred over the other and claiming otherwise is disingenuous (as you point out); I'm not going to come out and say one is intrinsically better than the other because one type is beloved on Instagram or whatever. There's nothing intrinsically "wrong" with stocky "unfeminine" women just like there's nothing wrong with short men, or men with baby faces, or men who don't like manly things, or men who are short with baby faces who fucking love manly things. If you want me to lie and say that tallness is always just intrinsically good and that there aren't major cultural factors at play in terms of the preference for tall people in the West, im not going to do that because that would be lying. Tall dudes aren't better. They just aren't. Just like women with cute lil button noses are not better than women with big honkin noses. One is preferred over the other, but you are not worth intrinsically less as a human being because you are closer to the ground than other men.

if you are looking for women to tell you that they find you repulsive for being short, then you should have phrased the question that way. if you're looking for the opinions of women who may have dealt with their own deviations from the norm, then you may get a variety of answers
Hey, sorry. I went really - unacceptably - hard.

There's no excuse, even that I was making a half assed response to a bunch of different posters by phone.

All best wishes,
Generally not embittered short dude who admits or when he is. And is right now/was when he posted because of very recent events and should have been mature enough to not stir the pot

M

mapletree

Student
Aug 22, 2020
not denying it may make you less attractive, just like certain features on women make us less attractive, and it's pretty much our job on earth and a serious measure of our worth as human beings to be pleasing to look at- and it really shouldn't be this way, not for men or for women. never said you did things to try and compensate for being short, I don't know you personally, you asked if women find short men repulsive and you got some genuine answers from women.

Hey, sorry. I went really - unacceptably - hard.

There's no excuse, even that I was making a half assed response to a bunch of different posters by phone.

All best wishes,
Generally not embittered short dude who admits or when he is. And is right now/was when he posted because of very recent events and should have been mature enough to not stir the pot

It's ok! This is one of the least relaxing topics on the Internet. There's a lot to be said and lots that people won't say, and it's frustrating. You're allowed to be pissed, you don't have to perform anything here, I was just explaining exactly what I intended to say because this is an emotional topic, you've clearly been through some shit, and it's hard to convey stuff over text.

You have every right to be pissed, or bitter, or even pissed off at society's standards and men and women and everything in between and all that- and I responded with my weird thoughts knowing what you went through because you just told people, and was fine if you wanted to yell at me or something because that's within the realm of responses you get when you talk about emotional things with someone who is clearly having a tough time

So, if you want to go off or vent (I mean, within reason)-it's ok, I get it. You allowed to be mad, it sounds like it's a shitty situation

Last edited: