kaytor

kaytor

May 28, 2023
i'd say I'm quite suicidal, I don't want to be alive anymore and I self harm quite a lot. I am unattractive and lonley, I don't have any actual friends no one hangs out with me and my autism is just adding to all of that, but I also feel like I'm just being dramatic and that other people have it worse. Am I valid for wanting to CTB? Sorry

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: psp3000, feder, Dee38 and 9 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Loneliness is the number one cause of depression/ctb by far, so no, you are in the same situation as most other people at high rsik for ctb. Friedns and/or family who spend time with you regularly in a caring way are the most important thing for fighting against this.

• Love
Reactions: ggetout33, Praestat_Mori, kaytor and 1 other person
TheAntithesis

TheAntithesis

Nurtured, not Nature.
May 26, 2023
Not quite. In this world that's been fashioned for us, all mental illness is to the people running it is a liability, gunk between the gears. The profit that someone can squeeze out of you does not meet the amount of profit that can be squeezed out of a "more functional" person.

We are liabilities, and have to deal with the consequences of being this way, there is nothing else. There is no positive reinforcement that isn't two faced, or half-hearted. Everyone feels pity, resentment, or dismissal towards us.

As for appearance, its the first thing people see. People will always judge, unconsciously specifically. We feel as if we can trust people who look well groomed and kept than someone who does not. Its just, how we are as humans.

With your current problems, you are predisposed to more that will follow. You will either have to surpass these chains that shackle you, and try harder, way harder to live a functional life than any normal person has, or we can find peace.

I'm sorry if this is a very cutthroat, or callous reply, but I feel like the truth is better now, than to lead someone who is ill into the absolute deathtrap of life that awaits them without warning them of the consequences they will suffer due to their conditions.

• Love
Reactions: lotus_pink, foreverfalling, charlotte_ and 1 other person
SpiderLink

SpiderLink

they/them
Apr 3, 2023
i'd say I'm quite suicidal, I don't want to be alive anymore and I self harm quite a lot. I am unattractive and lonley, I don't have any actual friends no one hangs out with me and my autism is just adding to all of that, but I also feel like I'm just being dramatic and that other people have it worse. Am I valid for wanting to CTB? Sorry
Pain is pain at the end of the day. I do often compare my pain to others, but it doesn't help yourself. Any reason is valid,

• Love
Reactions: ihatemylife, DeathSleep and jaxxon_sunn
charlotte_

charlotte_

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2023
As long as you feel suicidal over it, then it's a valid reason. There's no need to compare yourself to anyone else. Pain is different for every people.

• Love
Reactions: ihatemylife and psp3000
mapleboy

mapleboy

sleepy...
May 22, 2023
If your thoughts are your own, then they are valid to you. No one else can or should tell you otherwise. You have the right to deem any of your thoughts/struggles as valid reasons for feeling suicidal and/or depressed.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It would be absurd for someone to suggest that suicide even needs a reason in the first place, we are all going to die anyway whether there is a reason behind it or not, existence is completely futile and meaningless with death erasing everything for us after all. None of us are obligated to continue delaying our inevitable fate.

Reactions: axxxu, NumbItAll, Kariope and 1 other person
ggetout33

ggetout33

Better to reign in hell...
Mar 3, 2023
To me any kind of suffering brought upon some poor soul who didn't deserve it is valid enough. What crime did you commit to warrant being born unattractive and autistic? Nothing, it's just nature being cruel and unfair. Though it is a tragedy we come to this conclusion at all.

Reactions: kaytor
cami

cami

the lonely
May 27, 2023
if something makes you want to die, then yes it's valid. that's my philosophy at least, because it's real to you.

Reactions: ihatemylife and kaytor
leftdreaming

leftdreaming

I should’ve been a house cat
Apr 28, 2023
I'm not sure about ADHD, but I recall hearing autism and OCD are some of the largest correlated factors for suicidal ideation. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

All three of those seem to challenge the "be yourself" outlook certain people spread, since being ourselves may push others away. Seems pretty valid to me.

SiegwardOfCatarina

SiegwardOfCatarina

Jesus Christ is in Heaven now
May 30, 2023
Autism is a very valid reason to want to ctb. Not fitting in, not being able to do what other people do and make friends really sucks.
I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to autism and social life. It's a pain I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

Reactions: kaytor and LaVieEnRose
Forgettable

Forgettable

May 18, 2023
Imo there is no "valid reason" to be suicidal, it really depends on what plaques you.
If you just feel really bad (no matter why) that is already a valid reason in my opinion.

Pidgeons_Sparrows

Pidgeons_Sparrows

-flying rat
Apr 16, 2023
probably. i read somewhere that like 20% of all autists kill themselves thats how miserable it is

TiredOrbit

TiredOrbit

Spinning planet
Jun 1, 2023
Your reasons, whatever they are, are as valid as everyone's. Sometimes, some ppl don't necessarily have bad stuff happening yet they end up suicidal, temporarily or not. Your feelings are valid.