Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
Does anyone here have arachnophobia?

I've always had arachnophobia, to an extreme level even in video games.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Mich517, Deleted member 17331, mediocre and 12 others
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
I guess a little bit :(
Those things can be nasty, I know.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331 and Eren
Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
Omg yes. I literally freeze in fear if I see one, I sweat and panic. Even just seeing one on tv makes my skin crawl. Every night I check my whole house just in case. I found one in my bedroom once and had to sleep somewhere else. I don't wanna be like that, it's awful.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Lorntroubles, Worthless_nobody and 1 other person
SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

Pillowman
Jul 9, 2020
I used to hate spiders, but ever since my new life, I've been viewing lesser creatures in a different light. Now I don't even kill ants or any insects that come into my house. I always try to put them outside before my cat gets to them.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Isadeth, the-eternal and 1 other person
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Ugh yes! I have extreme arachnophobia. I get upset even over a small spider. I'm not sure where the fear came from but it's severe enough that I often look in corners and careful move things just to avoid one jumping out....oh man those damn jumping ones are the worst. I just can't...I almost passed out from fear one time I moved a box in my ex's nasty house and a spider the size of my hand was there...

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Lorntroubles and Deleted member 19276
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Hate the little fuckers. Well, they're not so little, feels like they're getting bigger and bigger everytime I see one.

Reactions: Isadeth, Eren and Deleted member 19276
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I quite like them. Though the common house spider in the UK is fecking huge. In autumn it's the mating season and you can see the little guys scurry around the house like they own it.
I may not be technically scared of them but those guys do make me jump all the same. I used to catch them in a glass and take a pic to show how big they were. But i stopped putting them outside because they die in the cold.
There is one who lives in my kitchen next to my boots. I check everytime I put my boots down that I don't squash him.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Doormat, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I like the small little web spiders that keep me safe from dengue filled mosquitoes.

But since this is a tropical country, my first memory of a spider was a big fucking tarantula chasing me, and not a month goes by without me finding an dead enormous spider that makes my skin violently crawl with fear. I'm glad that I live in an apartment 15 stories from the ground, those things are nasty and even deadly.

So, yeah, I'd say that I'm arachnophobic.

• Wow
Reactions: Brink and Eren
Tragoedia Vitae

Tragoedia Vitae

Experienced
Oct 14, 2018
Ugh *shudders* I've been arachnophobic for as long as I can remember. I can barely play video games if there are spiders in them. Having to catch tarantulas for $$$ in Animal Crossing just about killed me. Being anywhere in their vicinity is enough to make me scream and run around in circles. I can't even bear looking at pictures of them, it makes me sick. And if one ever touches me? I'm gonna blow my head up.

Reactions: Eren
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Ever since my older cousins had me watch the movie "Arachnophobia" as a small kid, I've been super terrified. I found one sitting in my shoe the other day. May have to burn the pair.

waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
I
FUCKING

HATE
SPIDERS

I hate spiders, however growing up with a mom who was even more afraid of them I had to learn to push past my fear and squash them (one time when I was little there was a huge spider in the house and my dad was at work, my mom called the fire department lmao and they actually showed up).

So I have years of experience of killing spiders. I hate spiders so much I go out of my way to smash them particularly hard with a fly swatter so I can watch their body parts explode on impact.

With flies and other insects I hit them with a fly swatter just hard enough to die.

With ugly spiders I'm like HULK SMASH.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lorntroubles and Eren
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
I'll probably get backlash for this but I'm very pro spider. I'm always the guy to have to move them away for other people haha I think they're awesome little creatures, I'd love to have a pet tarantula :happy:

• Love
Reactions: Brink, Doormat and Eren
Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
Ugh *shudders* I've been arachnophobic for as long as I can remember. I can barely play video games if there are spiders in them. Having to catch tarantulas for $$$ in Animal Crossing just about killed me. Being anywhere in their vicinity is enough to make me scream and run around in circles. I can't even bear looking at pictures of them, it makes me sick. And if one ever touches me? I'm gonna blow my head up.

The exact same thing happens to me, I can't even play video games where spiders appear as enemies.

Also being a 25 year old man I feel really pathetic having this phobia.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Brink, Tragoedia Vitae and Lorntroubles
tsuina

tsuina

Aug 15, 2020
i'm scared half to death of spiders but that extends to all bugs and insects. severe entomophobia.. all bugs. even butterflies make me panic if they come near me. the best exception there is it like, caterpillars because they're slow and can't fly, and ants since they're tiny (but if one crawls me, i'll cry)
been bullied for it for years. had kids pick up dead bugs off the ground and throw them at me, even going as far as when i locked myself in the girl's restroom (they were boys) they came in there too. the biggest ones i'm afraid of are bees, wasps, spiders, cockroaches, dragonflies, and, funnily enough.. ladybugs.
my eyes constantly play tricks on me as if there's a bug crawling in my sight- but no, it's just a shadow.. or it's just some visual snow. and i literally get so panicked and nauseous seeing a bug.
i feel like a damn wimp for all this and i'm embarrassed to even go out in public during summer (well, good thing i've become a hermit) because if i even hear a buzz i start waving my hands around like i'm having a seizure.
i found a dead cockroach in the path to my kitchen and now i'm constantly scared another one will jump out at me if i go into the kitchen that way. i have no idea why bugs bother me this much. i've been this way since i was a very small child, just absolutely petrified of bugs...

• Love
  • Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Brink and the-eternal
NeedToD

NeedToD

I’ve got no raisin to live
Jul 2, 2020
I can deal with them outdoors, but if a spider gets into the house I immediately turn into a coward. I used a long stick one time to move things around while searching for spider.

T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
I'm dreadfully arachnophobic. I can handle small ones that move slowly, but otherwise I freak out. I try to catch and release, but that menas risking getting close to them. Much safer to squash them with heavy books or a big stick.

Reactions: Lorntroubles
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I don't necessarily have arachnophobia, but I wouldn't want to touch one (especially if it is dangerous or poisonous) with proper protection and preparation.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I quite like them. Though the common house spider in the UK is fecking huge. In autumn it's the mating season and you can see the little guys scurry around the house like they own it.
I may not be technically scared of them but those guys do make me jump all the same. I used to catch them in a glass and take a pic to show how big they were. But i stopped putting them outside because they die in the cold.
There is one who lives in my kitchen next to my boots. I check everytime I put my boots down that I don't squash him.
The benevolent spider king over here. I don't mind them that much either though. The only ones I kill around here are black widows and brown recluses.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Reactions: Sinai Silence, Fragile and Thatsthelot
Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Photography by Haris Nukem.
Jan 19, 2020
A room of ladies or men shrieking and running around like crazy because of spiders is fuckin hilarious. But I understand the fear. Mine extends to larger spiders. Don't get me started on a roach, I'm a big baby. I'm fearless but a damn roach makes me shit myself. Hahahahaha.

Reactions: Brink and Deleted member 19276
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
A room of ladies or men shrieking and running around like crazy because of spiders is fuckin hilarious. But I understand the fear. Mine extends to larger spiders. Don't get me started on a roach, I'm a big baby. I'm fearless but a damn roach makes me shit myself. Hahahahaha.
The flying ones that are seen in places like Florida... Nightmare fuel. Roaches are the worst!

Reactions: Fragile
Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Jan 19, 2020
They can go eff themselves, lil creepy fuckers!!!
The flying ones that are seen in places like Florida... Nightmare fuel. Roaches are the worst!

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 19276
JSRF

JSRF

Student
May 30, 2018
Depends.Here in Europe spiders are pretty small and im not scared of them. The big hairy ones give me the creeps though. I feel sorry for people who have to share a continent with these things

• Hugs
Reactions: Lorntroubles, Deleted member 19276 and Doormat
the-eternal

the-eternal

Apr 10, 2018
i've grown tolerant of the spindly legged spiders. they are welcome among every corner of every ceiling in my house. the sight of any other common australian house spider will send me squirming, instinctively scanning the walls for other spiders and keeping a bludgeoning weapon close by.

• Wow
Reactions: Brink and Deleted member 19276
Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Jan 19, 2020
Set the whole house on fireeeee! Lol jk please don't. I act like big spiders are a big tough man who wants to fight me.

Tragoedia Vitae

Tragoedia Vitae

Experienced
Oct 14, 2018
The exact same thing happens to me, I can't even play video games where spiders appear as enemies.

Also being a 25 year old man I feel really pathetic having this phobia.
I totally get you! I can't even play games like Skyrim or Minecraft or World of Warcraft or Dragon Age: Inquisition just because of the giant spiders. *Curls up into a fetal position*

agentgeez

agentgeez

Student
Jun 30, 2020
Any kind of bug strikes fear into me, to be perfectly honest. When a moth flies into my room, I stand at the doorway practically frozen like a deer in the headlights, sort of just praying it will fly out of my room. I think the thing I hate about bugs is that they're so tiny and they move so fast, so you have no idea what they're doing or what they're about to do. Even capturing one is full of suspense because it feels as if right as I'm about to imprison one, it will swiftly dodge and then jump on my arm. Although I took a spider out of the bathroom without killing it recently so I suppose that's progress.
That blog makes me nostalgic for old internet humour. Goofy yet sincere jokes instead of memes with about seven layers of irony. Good times.

Reactions: not4us and GoodPersonEffed
Nolye

Nolye

The hardest battles are fought in the mind.
May 3, 2020
I hate spiders, too. Freaky, little bastards. My dislike for them is not that bad, so I can't call it a phobia, but I'm definitely not a fan. Though, I have to admit: there's one species that I like, the Peacock one. They're small, kind of cute and the male dances for the female. Putting under spoilers so I don't trigger @Eren.
Now, house centipedes, like the scutigera coleoptrata, can go burn in the deepest pit of hell. Those scare the living crap out of me.

Reactions: Brink
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
Coincidentally, many escalated on me yesterday on my torso and arms when I was out. I did raise my eyes at the sky asking why this joke cause I'm not a fan. But I can control myself with small ones & save them gently, unlike bigger ones who'd make me jump by surprise cause I got this memory of choking to death after a bite (allergy). Maybe they mounted on me cause I'm their friends ? I always rescue insects (2 days ago a baby bumbledee stuck inside the electric window of the car), even spiders which give me the chills. I just have this huge consciousness about the holly nature of life around. I can just feel as one. I hugged a tree yesterday. It was captivating me how ridiculously beautiful he was, while offering shelter and emotions under its shadow. In general, I'm able to respect in admiration a fly more than some morrons. I don't make a difference by applying a hierarchy between living creatures.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331