Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I am totally surprised at my phone call with the shrink earlier. Totally not what I was expecting, I don't have to go into hospital unless I feel that it would be helpful [ I don't]. She then discussed my current situation in quite a caring way. She also suggested some trauma therapy and working with the psychologist to find better coping strategies. I was speechless, and she even asked if I would consider it rather than dictating. So I agreed to give it a go, emdr I think. Never heard of it, but i'll try as it can't be worse than this living hell.
I've heard of emdr and what I generally hear is that it's pretty successful form of therapy. It's a newer form of therapy and supposed to be good for ptsd. I'm also pleased for you and I hope it all goes well.

• Love
Reactions: Saed and Fullof pain
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
Thank you, truly. You have a sincere heart, so take care of it !
So do you! It's actually quite amazing to see you open to the proposals.i guess you were so worried this morning and couldn't see any way through.
This could really be it,a pivotal turning point.

Reactions: Deleted member 19654
F

Fullof pain

Student
Jul 1, 2020
I've heard of emdr and what I generally hear is that it's pretty successful form of therapy. It's a newer form of therapy and supposed to be good for ptsd. I'm also pleased for you and I hope it all goes well.
Thank you. I have complex PTSD so I think with my hubby passing it has triggered a lot of repressed memories , flashbacks, etc. I had to do CPR on my husband as he lay dying on our bed, it was utterly horrific. This horror seems to have opened the floodgates in my mind and accessed lots of other painful memories.
So do you! It's actually quite amazing to see you open to the proposals.i guess you were so worried this morning and couldn't see any way through.
This could really be it,a pivotal turning point.
Perhaps it will, I've got nothing to lose by trying. If my levels of pain eased then I might even consider a pause in ending it all
It's difficult for me to admit it, but I know that my husband would want me to try .

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Saed
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Thank you. I have complex PTSD so I think with my hubby passing it has triggered a lot of repressed memories , flashbacks, etc. I had to do CPR on my husband as he lay dying on our bed, it was utterly horrific. This horror seems to have opened the floodgates in my mind and accessed lots of other painful memories.

Perhaps it will, I've got nothing to lose by trying. If my levels of pain eased then I might even consider a pause in ending it all
i can't imagine going through something like that. Perhaps till you start your emdr therapy you can do some research on it. It's designed to help you reprocess traumatic memories so that they're not so painful. We're always here to listen and to talk to you too if that's what you need :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: Saed
F

Fullof pain

Student
Jul 1, 2020
Do you know something, I have never met such kindness in the " real world " and I appreciate it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Saed and Deleted member 19654