listless

listless

wandering
Mar 1, 2023
i think im becoming addicted to cutting. not in a way like im trying to kill myself when i do it, but im hopelessly addicted to the rush that feels like a drug and the way it just snaps me "back" in a weird way i cant describe. its almost like its grounding, i guess, while simultaneously being completely dissociated when i do it. i feel shame but i also feel better when the cuts are stinging and bleeding, keeping me grounded and giving me something else to think about aside from my mental pains. i dunno. its so weird and feels so pathetic and immature (even though i dont think that about others who struggle with the same issue) and the worst part is i dont want to stop. it makes my pain feel real. it feels... good? exciting? like im alive?? while also being ashamed because i know its societally "wrong" and my loved ones would be worried if they knew. i feel like realistically i have no reason to stop other than not upsetting other people, which feels like a stupid reason to not do something, i would never censor myself in any other way like that in any other aspect really.. i never cut deep enough to cause any real damage, just leave faint scarring. i dunno. how many times can i say i dunno? sorry if this all doesnt make much sense. i guess thats why its a vent, just needed to get it out somewhere.

Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
Nono you are doing it right. Self harm is very relieving, and honestly I'd argue for a lot of people(including myself) it's the point. It's not something to feel ashamed about, as many people resort to it, whether out of a level of self hatred, an attempt at suicide, or for numbing the abyssal pain. Your post which discusses a worry over the concern of your loved ones makes me think your not really at a point of no return so please stay safe while exercising self harm. Best of luck to you solider!

• Love
Reactions: listless
listless

listless

wandering
Mar 1, 2023
Nono you are doing it right. Self harm is very relieving, and honestly I'd argue for a lot of people(including myself) it's the point. It's not something to feel ashamed about, as many people resort to it, whether out of a level of self hatred, an attempt at suicide, or for numbing the abyssal pain. Your post which discusses a worry over the concern of your loved ones makes me think your not really at a point of no return so please stay safe while exercising self harm. Best of luck to you solider!
yeah, i really cant fight the SI to cut any deeper than a paper cut, so i dont think im really in any danger, other than maybe the cuts getting infected if i dont clean them. but still, you know how it is, most people no matter how you explain it that youre doing it safely, it still worries them. i dont think im past the point of no return either, but i really dont wanna quit harming myself. anyway.. thanks for posting, it always helps to feel less alone and stuff. i hope you are doing ok today. <3