• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

tameimpala

Mar 25, 2024
Hi all,

After decades trying different therapies, life purposes, radically changing my life, moving countries, learning about how the mind works, etc, I am starting to get to the conclusion that there may be nothing I can do anymore to feel better and make my life worth living.

I haven't given up yet and I'm seeking in-patient treatment for the first time and really hope they can help. But if it doesn't help, I want to have the option to CTB in the most comfortable way.

My question for people with experience in the UK is: what is the risk that, if I talk openly to therapists about being on this site and learning about the best methods to CTB, I will jeopardise my freedom by being put on suicide watch by doctors and police, etc, or even committed against my will? For example, when I had the pre-assesment with my insurance they insisted on informing my GP, even though I only told them I had had occasional thoughts of suicide but no plans and I wasn't at risk. So now I worry that my GP may be suspicious if at some point I request an antiemetic...

What were your experiences and what should I be wary of?

Thank you for your advice!

T

tameimpala

Mar 25, 2024
Anyone? I am quite worried about this. I am going to start in-patient treatment on Monday and ideally I'd like to be able to speak about everything to have the highest chance of success with the therapy. But not if it's going to make it harder for me to get prescription drugs later, or other consequences, like losing custody of my children, etc.

Redleaf1992

Redleaf1992

Just leave us the f*ck alone!
Feb 3, 2024
Sorry, but I probably won't be much help as I don't have any real knowledge in this area. I really don't know the impact of prescriptions etc. When I was a kid my Mum was sectioned involuntarily and didn't lose custody - but then she is still togeather with my Dad so this woudent make sense. I think you'd only lose custody if you were a danger to the kids or considered unable to look after them.

In terms of becoming involuntarily: As I understand it you are going to go impatient voluntarily?

The fact you are seeking treatment alone will be a good sign to them that you are less of a risk. As I understand it, people who get involuntarily is usually because the don't cooperate.

Unless you attempt to CBT or tell them you have actual attention to CBT I think you should be fine.

When I originally seeked help from MH services (not inpatient or alike) I told them that I had researched suicide methods and decided on partial hanging (before I found SS) but because I said I no longer had intent (which was true at the time) they really didn't care at all.

Again just my opinion, I could be wrong but I think your good.

I wish you all the best with it, and I hope it works out well for you. Going inpatient voluntarily is a brave thing, I commend you.

Last edited:
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I never asked to be inpatient but I did tell the mental health crisis team that I wanted to ctb, what my method would be and that I found about it on a suicide website.

The first time I met with the team they actually were telling me I would like to be in patient and that it doesn't do well for someone that is depressed. Their words: "You don't want us in your life".

They asked me if I could keep myself safe and I replied that I didn't know and even so I was still outpatient. They are not keen on having inpatients I think

bunny_brownie9

bunny_brownie9

so terribly lost
Jan 1, 2024
I've been in the mh system for almost 4 years and it can vary, and treatment can vary by professional giving it too.

You could say 'I'm going to CTB on XYZ day using XYZ' and nothing will come of it, whereas some may call the police/crisis team.

They know I am using a website (have not said the name of it) and had SN on the way at that point, but I will still able to get an AE. You should only be as honest as you feel comfortable being.

Although remember that the system is broken in the UK and even attempts & near death experiences are usually not sectioned.

U

unabletocope

I'd like to shut down
Mar 13, 2024
I'm in the UK, I've been going through the mental health system here since 2015. I think like anywhere it depends how you present yourself but truthfully you are likely to not be taken seriously, it depends how psychotic you are above anything else, ultimately we live in a society where people are told to help themselves above anything else