• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

🚫Safety is a figment of the imagination🚫
Jul 1, 2020
I can't remember but I know I've read ways to help manage it. I know how you feel though :hug: I'm working on it though, haven't been successful yet but I'm still working on it.

I can Google it when I get home from work and see what I find.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Not for me, although I have multiple traumas making it harder/more complicated, but I truly wish you the best of luck <3

• Hugs
Reactions: Life sucks
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Somewhat. I still have a few symptoms when greatly reminded of my trauma, but it's not as bad as the first year I got PTSD and it was still a fresh wound.

M

Miss_Takes

Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Dec 4, 2020
I am not sure it can but I live in hope.
To be honest, as much of everyday life now significantly contributes to a lack of any extended period of relief from anxiety and angst I hold out little help.
My psychologist often says she aims for up to 30% increase in ability to cope and function for clients ... I find that vaguely terrifying tbh.
Some of the new treatment options such as SGB are interesting however so ì am watching.

Reactions: AutoTap
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
I've seen somewhere on here that SGB really helped and alleviated all their issues. They also said insurance won't cover it and it's expensive af tho.

painoflife

painoflife

Arcanist
Jul 27, 2019
Not yet for me.
Hooe you can have more luck and find something that helps.

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
It depends how severe your ptsd is. You have much better chance of recovery if its more recent and from a single event. Hope you can find a way through.

Forgotten

Forgotten

Student
Aug 19, 2020
I was diagnosed with a few PTSD symptoms some years ago and not to sound like a downer pessimist, but honestly, I haven't found a way to recover, it's like my brain is permanently damaged and there is no way to fix it anymore.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I was diagnosed with a few PTSD symptoms some years ago and not to sound like a downer pessimist, but honestly, I haven't found a way to recover, it's like my brain is permanently damaged and there is no way to fix it anymore.
That's how I feel as well, the current "treatments" aren't really treatments because there is a fundamental change in the sympathetic nervous system, the amygdala is hyper reactive, many other neurological changes. Everyday I try to read more and see if there's anything experimental to try. I think the mental health field knows the antidepressants and CBT bullshit ain't cutting it, but they can't outright say, "we don't know what to do".

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Emdr therapy. I haven't done it long term though. I'm burned out on therapy so I probably won't ever complete it.