T

TruthSpeaker69

Jul 18, 2018
Hey guys, I used to lurk on the subreddit but I was too afraid to post anything. I'm writing this now because I'm making preparations to ctb. My method of choice is a shotgun to the temple. I have been blessed with the opportunity of living in a state with lax gun laws so despite having depression I can still own a firearm.

So, I'll get to the point now. Does anyone here have any firearms expertise? Specifically ammunition. I know how to operate the shotgun but I need to know if this specific type of ammo I am using will be effective. This may seem like a stupid question but I need to make sure I actually die and don't just end up stuck here with even more brain damage. I will include the information written on the shell container below:

Remington Gun Club Target Loads
12 Gauge
Length: 2 3/4
DR.EQ: 2 3/4
Oz Shot: 1 1/8
Shot: 7 1/2

The firearm is a Remington 870 (12 gauge pump)

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: thickwing
Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018

If you truly want to go out with a bang. Dragon's Breath Rounds are highly recommended.

Reactions: HannibalLector
T

TruthSpeaker69

Jul 18, 2018
I have a background with firearms.

If you're going to use a 12 gauge. Use 00 Buckshot. Depending where you are the type of 00 buckshot that I would recommend is

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/656_2081/products_id/60359

I use this load for home defense.

At a local hunting shop, a small box of these should not cost more than $5.

Thanks a lot for the info, my friend! And as much as I would love to use those Dragon's Breath rounds, I am going to do this at home and don't want to burn the place down, haha.

Reactions: Threads
Ice Poseidon

Ice Poseidon

Jul 3, 2018
I also have a Remington 870 12 gauge pump. 00 Buckshot is the best shot. Instead of aiming at the temple, have you considered aiming into the mouth towards the brainstem? I heard it's painless and instant.

Reactions: Strumgewehr and skitliv
A

Ambivalent

Jul 15, 2018
Is the idea with 00 buckshot that it disperses so much that it's difficult to fail as long as you're aiming in roughly the right direction?

Reactions: HannibalLector
Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
Is the idea with 00 buckshot that it disperses so much that it's difficult to fail as long as you're aiming in roughly the right direction?

It's not that it's going to disperse so much as that the balls inside the round are going to tear everything out and exit in different places, while simultaneously destroying what you aimed at. It's going to be messy.

A

Ambivalent

Jul 15, 2018
It's not that it's going to disperse so much as that the balls inside the round are going to tear everything out and exit in different places, while simultaneously destroying what you aimed at. It's going to be messy.

Ah.

T

TruthSpeaker69

Jul 18, 2018
I also have a Remington 870 12 gauge pump. 00 Buckshot is the best shot. Instead of aiming at the temple, have you considered aiming into the mouth towards the brainstem? I heard it's painless and instant.

I was initially planning to aim under the chin towards the brainstem, but I've heard it's not as efficient as it sounds. In the mouth would definitely do the job, although I would imagine aiming at the temple would have similar effectiveness.It truly is the best method available IF you don't mind making a mess.

Speaking of, has anyone ever considered aiming at the heart instead? I personally haven't, but perhaps it is a viable alternative? Either way, thanks for the responses, everyone.

Reactions: ScaredOfLife
Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
I was initially planning to aim under the chin towards the brainstem, but I've heard it's not as efficient as it sounds. In the mouth would definitely do the job, although I would imagine aiming at the temple would have similar effectiveness.It truly is the best method available IF you don't mind making a mess.

Speaking of, has anyone ever considered aiming at the heart instead? I personally haven't, but perhaps it is a viable alternative? Either way, thanks for the responses, everyone.

Don't aim at your chest bro. You will probably survive for a few minutes and bleed out on the floor. Don't do it.

Reactions: Tomasnil and Tiburcio
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018

I saw a study that said 67% of gun suicides are by pointing at the right temple. (Probably because more right-handed people than left-handed.) Through the mouth was a much smaller number. When I go, I'll be pointing the gun at my right temple because it's easiest for me. I'm afraid if I shoot in the mouth that I'll survive for a moment but choking on or suffocating on my blood.