catotoctb

catotoctb

Aug 27, 2023
Hello, i would like to know if anyone else is having college issues as me. In my life, college has been rough and depressing. It started with feeling less intelligent than my classmates because i feel i'm the only one failing tests and retake classes like if i'm a fraud. It not just that college took my academic wellness that i always had in the past, is getting over my life and family too, making it a bigger problem.
I would love to say that im good at my career because i have chosen this degree with my heart but now it's killing me.
Maybe there's someone here that have the same problem or used to have, i would like some advice. Thank you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lammpz, lemonbunny, jaxxon_sunn and 2 others
Odahviing475

Odahviing475

Apr 12, 2023
To me, it's all about social issues. I'm fine at my classes, but it's now my 2nd year in college and I moved into a quad with my friends.

I wish I had more friends or people I was closer with. These people I cut right in front of and they didn't say anything lol. I cannot help but feel inadequate compared to these people who enjoy parties, sex, and all that and don't care about their grades.

They tell you early in preschool not to brag or compare or anything like that, but its at its worst in college.

catotoctb

catotoctb

Aug 27, 2023
To me, it's all about social issues. I'm fine at my classes, but it's now my 2nd year in college and I moved into a quad with my friends.

I wish I had more friends or people I was closer with. These people I cut right in front of and they didn't say anything lol. I cannot help but feel inadequate compared to these people who enjoy parties, sex, and all that and don't care about their grades.

They tell you early in preschool not to brag or compare or anything like that, but its at its worst in college.
I have social issues as you but because of feeling less than others i isolated myself from others.

I know is hard to open up with others and more when you opened up with your friends and they showed you no feelings at all.
I don't know how you are but maybe being away from your shared-room with that friends makes you have more chances to find other people to interact to. You really don't need to force yourself to have parties, sex or the "social life" that we see often because you might be better by doing what you like and meeting people while doing that (maybe at the library). That, in my opinion, will be the best way to find people like you.

By the way, i'm in my second year too! But in my country, if you fail you have to retake classes and sets you back years from graduating, so i'm in first year again. It really sucks seeing people of my age doing great with less hesitation than me.

Thank you so much for replying my post, i really appreciate that.

sadbeans

sadbeans

scared & alone
Aug 28, 2023
College life has been absolute hell for me. Like you, I was forced to repeat a year, but the most frustrating part is not only did I have the marks to pass, I was in the top 10% of students in my cohort. The only reason I couldn't move on was because of some college politics that I really don't want to explain here. I lost all my leadership roles, club memberships and friends. Right now I feel like I'm wasting my time attending class going through everything I already know. I have no motivation left to make new friends or join new clubs, leaving my social life non existent. Ofc there's issues with my family as well apart from just college life.

I hope you'll be able to find people who can support you through college. You're definitely not the only one failing classes and while repeating a year may be absolute shit, it'll be over in 4-5 years. That being said I personally am not willing to wait it out (hence ctb) but I hope you'll be able to find the motivation and people to help you get through everything. You're not alone. College sucks.

• Hugs
Reactions: sadwriter and catotoctb
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
same, it feels so shitty

Reactions: Lammpz and catotoctb
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I will soon experience all these struggles if I don't ctb before the 15th of september. Very stress inducing.

I'm sorry you're experiencing all these problems, I'd definitely feel the same so I can't give much useful advice. All I can tell you is I hope you'll recover and escape from these problems soon and find peace. I send you my best regards.

• Hugs
Reactions: catotoctb
catotoctb

catotoctb

Aug 27, 2023
College life has been absolute hell for me. Like you, I was forced to repeat a year, but the most frustrating part is not only did I have the marks to pass, I was in the top 10% of students in my cohort. The only reason I couldn't move on was because of some college politics that I really don't want to explain here. I lost all my leadership roles, club memberships and friends. Right now I feel like I'm wasting my time attending class going through everything I already know. I have no motivation left to make new friends or join new clubs, leaving my social life non existent. Ofc there's issues with my family as well apart from just college life.

I hope you'll be able to find people who can support you through college. You're definitely not the only one failing classes and while repeating a year may be absolute shit, it'll be over in 4-5 years. That being said I personally am not willing to wait it out (hence ctb) but I hope you'll be able to find the motivation and people to help you get through everything. You're not alone. College sucks.
I needed those words a lot. Thank you so much. I have college friends and a partner that supports me, but this fucking feeling of being less than others took control over me and makes me feel alone.

As you, i feel like i'm wasting my time attending classes for the fourth time since last year. And being not fine with my life makes things more though than before.

Here in my country, even if the career it supposses to last 5-6 years people don't get a degree until +8 years in college (because it's so difficult to pass all classes). But they say it get better when you are in your final classes because it gets easier. I hope i could pass this hell because i feel i can no more.

I hope the best for both of us. I'd like to imagine a future where the two of us have our own degrees.
same, it feels so shitty
I hope the best for us. I still think we can make it throught.
I will soon experience all these struggles if I don't ctb before the 15th of september. Very stress inducing.

I'm sorry you're experiencing all these problems, I'd definitely feel the same so I can't give much useful advice. All I can tell you is I hope you'll recover and escape from these problems soon and find peace. I send you my best regards.
I saw your comments on others posts. I'm glad you reply me.

I don't know if it'll make you feel better but you can chat with me about everything you want if you feel confortable.

I have exams after the 15th of september, so it'll be a hard month for me too. I can't fail again, i don't know what i'm capable of and i'm so scared.

I'm really sorry about life putting you a lot to carry, i can tell that none of us deserves such pain.

Again, thank you for your time. I hope we find the peace we are reaching for.

Last edited:
sadwriter

sadwriter

Hanging in there
Aug 29, 2023
Oh yes indeed. College has been a struggle and a huge disappointment. I've been going for like six years because I went part time & took 2 semesters off because of my mental health going to shit. Most of the time school is a large part of the reason I want to CTB.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this too. I feel your pain.

catotoctb

catotoctb

Aug 27, 2023
Oh yes indeed. College has been a struggle and a huge disappointment. I've been going for like six years because I went part time & took 2 semesters off because of my mental health going to shit. Most of the time school is a large part of the reason I want to CTB.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this too. I feel your pain.
Thank you for you reply. I never tought i would get to talk with people with same issues as me. For some reason, it makes me feel a little bit calm.

I'm only been in college for a year and a half and i cannot imagine how hard things are for you. Bad mental health can ruin every step you made in your life and college claims from you a lot of effort and energy that when we are stressed or depressed it's impossible to achieve.

I hope things get easier for you to finish college and get that dream degree. I'll pray for us mate.

• Love
Reactions: sadwriter
sadwriter

sadwriter

Hanging in there
Aug 29, 2023
Thank you for you reply. I never tought i would get to talk with people with same issues as me. For some reason, it makes me feel a little bit calm.

I'm only been in college for a year and a half and i cannot imagine how hard things are for you. Bad mental health can ruin every step you made in your life and college claims from you a lot of effort and energy that when we are stressed or depressed it's impossible to achieve.

I hope things get easier for you to finish college and get that dream degree. I'll pray for us mate.
Thank you!! I hope things get easier for you too. I'm glad having people to relate to is making you feel a little calmer at least!

Thankfully I'm finally in my last semester now, though I also have a whole graduation paper and thesis defense type thing to get done. It all feels like pulling teeth because of my mental health situation. So close and yet so incredibly far. Hopefully I can get it done.