G

Ghostmedic

May 18, 2020
I keep hearing about these entheogens and the wonders people gain in perspective with great positive impact for their depression, addiction, suicidality, shame, guilt, etc...
I am wondering from people who have, should I maybe stick around to try DMT as a last resort tool for perspective before trying to ctb or maybe I should just get it overwith?

• Love
Reactions: livingisdisappointin, itsamadworld, readytogo982 and 3 others
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
its also my last resource of help, have planed to book a flight to the amazonian jungle and try ayahuasca which would be the last thing i try before ctb. i have also heard its a good thing to try if you cant get trough with ptsd, depression and so on.. im fascinated by the shipibo culture (the ones wo work with ayahusca/dmt in the deep jungle) and their view on mental illness, female members of this tribe "learn" to see the energetic pattern while being in these heightened states of consciousness. its said that they can see "corrupted" pattern and alter them which will result in healing. i know this is very sci-fi like but from what i've experienced and seen on "mild" psychedelics, i could imagine this actually to be a legit thing..

some of my old friends, whom i did psychedelics like lsd with have altered their views on death, they no longer fear it, they've become more loving and 2 of them became vegan. im sure those substances can and probably will give you new perspectives. but for me its not enough, thats why i want to try ayahuasca, i hope it has the potential to cure us but i already got friends with the idea of ctb, at times i would even prefer ctb tbh but i want to have at least tried everything..

Thats the retreat i have planed to visit

Last edited:
Reactions: MissKatrina
M

MissKatrina

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
I have known people who have taken LSD and it 180 flipped them. This includes severe depression. I'm not in a place I could try it otherwise I would

Reactions: TheGoodGuy and _Minsk
Didymus

Didymus

Clutching at invisible straws
Dec 11, 2018
its also my last resource of help, have planed to book a flight to the amazonian jungle and try ayahuasca which would be the last thing i try before ctb. i have also heard its a good thing to try if you cant get trough with ptsd, depression and so on..

If you decide to go there please do search for reviews about reputable and safe ayahuasca retreats. As there are many stories about bad experiences, including sexual abuse by (fake) shamans.

An ayahuasca ceremony is something I would like to do as well, I am searching for a local trustworthy shaman in Europe.

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem, Yomyom, autumnal and 2 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I have and sometimes still consider if I should try LSD as a last chance to turn my "life" around and I have been avoiding psychedelics since I was 16 when my friends talked about how good magic mushrooms were but I had depression and suicidal thoughts so I was afraid psychedelics would make it worse.

Now at 26 I also have anxiety and get anxiety from almost all drugs and I am on benzos so I am not sure if could even use it properly, maybe I will just get anxiety for the whole trip or maybe I won´t trip because I am on benzos since benzos usually are used to end a psychedelic trip from drugs.

I find drugs interesting and have researched drugs including LSD for many years so I am no noob I just never had the courage to try because I have been suicidal since I was 14 and was afraid I might kill myself while tripping which some due but it is not that common but I just afraid I will, but I have also read about how psychedelic drugs has cured people from depression and suicidal thought especially with a therapist to guide them which I would like too if they were available I don´t want to just trip I want to use it as a tool if I ever am going to use it but I am afraid I never will.

• Hugs
Reactions: virginiawoolf, Bct, MissKatrina and 1 other person
Yomyom

Yomyom

Darker dearie, much darker
Feb 5, 2020
DMT and weed, both of those drugs Fucked the little bit of sanity that I still had

• Aww..
Reactions: WinterFaust, Bct and _Minsk
readytogo982

readytogo982

Jun 8, 2020
When I tried LSD a few years ago it definitely gave me a new perspective on certain aspects of my life, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if DMT can help people get over depression. Just make sure it comes from a reliable source and only take the recommended dosage.

kappa

kappa

Experienced
Apr 2, 2019
I've been interested in shrooms or LSD for hearing it can help some people's depression.

I know very little about either so I might be too scared to try it. Having hallucinations doesn't seem too fun but maybe it's not that intense.

Would be interesting to hear people's experience. I tried MDMA and it was very uncomfortable at times, so seeing shit for hours is off putting.

HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
I've been interested in shrooms or LSD for hearing it can help some people's depression.

I know very little about either so I might be too scared to try it. Having hallucinations doesn't seem too fun but maybe it's not that intense.

Would be interesting to hear people's experience. I tried MDMA and it was very uncomfortable at times, so seeing shit for hours is off putting.
I've briefly wrote my experience of tripping on shrooms earlier this year. It wasn't enough for anything spectacular that you often here when people eat them. My dosage would have been way better if I had not ate prior to ingesting them.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...drugs-share-your-experience.36787/post-718070

W

Whatsthepointanyway

May 14, 2020
When I tried LSD a few years ago it definitely gave me a new perspective on certain aspects of my life, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if DMT can help people get over depression. Just make sure it comes from a reliable source and only take the recommended dosage.
Was the effect permanent?

Reactions: readytogo982 and itsamadworld
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
I tried magic mushrooms, didn't do a great deal for me besides having things glow in different colours, and having me inside my own head like it was a movie theatre.

If I was going to try DMT, I'd want the drinkable variety. I like the idea of a startlingly vivid dream, as opposed to smoking it and only getting a glimpse into this fantastical otherworldly reality.

LSD doesn't appeal to me, as I don't want this reality distorted, seeing things with my eyes open. What appeals to me is the dreamlike state of drinking the brew and then venturing off inside my own head.

Reactions: itsamadworld
D

Darksektori

Experienced
Jun 8, 2020
Gor myself it didn't really make ayahuasca is a mixed bag, it's been used as a psychedelic around the world for literaly hundreds of years, here in the US its illegal (schedule 1) so if you also live here in the states good luck getting some. It's actually also it seems to help cure opiate addiction/withdrawal as well as and effective treat ment for people who . Also from what I understand it's shown to be effective in treating emotional pain and psychological pain.

However it's not a pleasant substance, it's got quite a few psychological and physical unpleasant ries to put it mildly.

I can sum up DMT with a single word "overrated" not to say its ineffective Myself personally was just disappointed.

Psychedelics are hit or miss, personally I still think the reigning champion of this substance/drug class is LSD, not easy to obtain but worth it if you do.
Psilocybin (magic mushrooms)was also pleasant for the most part. But be very careful. There's alot of research chemicals (designer drugs) that are floating around out there. Like "Bromo-DragonFLY" which is highly dangerous if you take a large amount.

MDMA was amazing it put me in a state where I actually cared about things and felt at peace with myself and had mental clarity. One dose did more to help me than every psych drug I've ever taken combined, but regardless it wouldn't help me now,
because it's too late for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: itsamadworld
readytogo982

readytogo982

Jun 8, 2020
Was the effect permanent?
Yeah to some extent. I took it after graduating high school and I was terrified of going to college and having my life change. When I was tripping, I learned to accept change and the opportunities it can present. Four years later I still follow that.

Reactions: LittleJem
livingisdisappointin

livingisdisappointin

Jun 9, 2020
I'm dying (heh :\) to try DMT but it seems pretty difficult to do safely in the U.S. I am also on anti-depressants that may interact with the compound and cause serotonin syndrome. FYI for anyone on medication that is considering psychedelics. I don't think this applies to psilocybin or others but disclaimer: I'm a dummy, not a doctor.

So interesting that this thread popped up. I've been researching alternative treatment methods and have read a lot about Ayahuasca "finding" people. I wonder if this means she's getting closer. I really, really want to meet the aliens/beings and beg them to rapture me up.

Stay safe :heart:

coconut lover

coconut lover

Apr 19, 2020
I did LSD, mushrooms, ketamin and an Ayahuasca retreat in Mexico (but it did not hit me, I was the only one in the whole group who took it 3 times and nothing happened while all the others were tripping )

got bad trip a couple of time with mushrooms

And I bought everything to do my own DMT (is everything legal in Europe until you "cook" it, you can find how to do it on YouTube) and I will try it to see the effect. It's like the only thing I want to do before CTB.