• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Katdogg

Katdogg

Jan 31, 2024
Does anyone know a good resource for audio files that encourage a positive state of mind?

I've been exposed to some mild brainwashing and it seems to work as long as I listen to it daily. Like a calm voice whispering relaxing soothing words in your ear : " You are not worthless" , " You are capable of change" , etc... with the binaural sounds in the background.

Maybe we can put together something as a recovery project? ( just a passing thought)

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Only to my self. A lot of my problems were fear or anxiety based and I would feel pain in parts of my body when nothing was wrong. The main mantra I would use is the litany against fear from dune. "fear Is the mind killer, I must face my fear" I would repeat this to myself. The other thing is just telling myself I am safe so when my back would hurt I would just say something like, "you are safe, there is nothing wrong with your back, it's just the anxiety" it's basically like having a conversation with my unconscious mind or inner child.

Katdogg

Katdogg

Jan 31, 2024
I scanned YouTube but they had a lot of cheesy videos to "attract wealth" , "you're a special little snowflake" , " you are powerful " . Not the affirmations I'm looking for exactly. The ones on Gratitude seem promising

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Just as a resource the only thing I can recommend is mindfulness meditation with Jon kabat zinn

Katdogg

Katdogg

Jan 31, 2024
Only to my self. A lot of my problems were fear or anxiety based and I would feel pain in parts of my body when nothing was wrong. The main mantra I would use is the litany against fear from dune. "fear Is the mind killer, I must face my fear" I would repeat this to myself. The other thing is just telling myself I am safe so when my back would hurt I would just say something like, "you are safe, there is nothing wrong with your back, it's just the anxiety" it's basically like having a conversation with my unconscious mind or inner child.
Thats my favorite. And the one about the mentat used about "setting his mind in motion"
Just as a resource the only thing I can recommend is mindfulness meditation with Jon kabat zinn
Thank you. I will look him up

Reactions: carac