• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

in pain

in pain

Sep 27, 2021
I purchased an army grade tourniquet which are designed to cut off blood flow on a limb. I plan to use it on my neck to compress the carotid arteries.

Has anyone tried and failed with this method, any tips for me?

Reactions: Manaaja
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I purchased an army grade tourniquet which are designed to cut off blood flow on a limb. I plan to use it on my neck to compress the carotid arteries.

Has anyone tried and failed with this method, any tips for me?
I think the problem with this is the carotids are inside the neck muscles and tendons. To compress them enough with that type of tourniquet, I think you would wind up asphyxiating yourself instead of stopping the blood flow.

in pain

in pain

Sep 27, 2021
I think the problem with this is the carotids are inside the neck muscles and tendons. To compress them enough with that type of tourniquet, I think you would wind up asphyxiating yourself instead of stopping the blood flow.
Do you mean specifically the type I've purchased? In five last acts, people have apparently just used a neck tie and wooden spoon. I just figured a real tourniquet stands a better chance of not failing. What am I not seeing?

edit: so only about 7 pounds of pressure needed for carotid and 33 pounds of pressure for the wind pipe. I guess I'll know I've applied enough pressure if it starts getting hard to breathe and that will be a good point to stop turning the windlass and lock it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Manaaja
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@in pain The night night method uses a ratchet strap with small, dense bean bags on either side of the neck to apply adequate pressure to the carotids, whilst reducing pressure on the trachea. Seems like you want to use a similar approach. Best I can say is try it out, see if you feel dizzy or choking. You will probably bruise your neck trying, so maybe have some makeup available to cover the area while it heals for a few days.

Reactions: in pain
in pain

in pain

Sep 27, 2021
@in pain The night night method uses a ratchet strap with small, dense bean bags on either side of the neck to apply adequate pressure to the carotids, whilst reducing pressure on the trachea. Seems like you want to use a similar approach. Best I can say is try it out, see if you feel dizzy or choking. You will probably bruise your neck trying, so maybe have some makeup available to cover the area while it heals for a few days.
I actually have the ratchet, found it far too hard to use, probably why many in that thread had a hard time with it. The tourniquet with a windlass mechanism for tightening is so much easier. I'm going to try with a thick scarf that covers up my neck except the front where my wind pipe is.