• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

EricRoche

EricRoche

Apr 7, 2018
Learnt just this week you could get high on these AS well as cause instantaneous respiratory arrest. Apparently, it's the stupidest way to get high because the inhalation starves the brain of oxygen and strains the heart. Some people have died from 'recreational' use just once.

Air Duster

Reactions: Cyanide
Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
It's death by suffocation though, is it not? So it's likely painful. Plus it's not a reliable method.

Cyanide

Cyanide

It's muffin time!!!
Apr 13, 2018
It's death by suffocation though, is it not? So it's likely painful. Plus it's not a reliable method.
No, it is death by hypoxia (lack of oxygen). Our bodies are very sensitive to an increase in carbon dioxide which causes the unpleasant feeling during suffocation. In hypoxia the oxygen level is decreased, the human body is not sensitive to changes in the amount of oxygen breathed in therefore hypoxia is peaceful. I am not sure about the reliability though.

bag.of.cats

bag.of.cats

depressed cats
Apr 10, 2018
I once tried inhaling some from a plastic bag (I was desperate) and almost fainted. I wish I died back then. You most likely need a constant stream of gas, just like other inert gas methods.

Edit: I was reading some death reports and some say they died while breathing it. I wonder if that could work.

Edit#2: I found more information about this method, see Immediate Effects section from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2948777/

Last edited:
Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
I thought about using toulene, also an inhalant but it's flammable at room temperature, as many inhalants are. Also duster can cause paralysis instead of killing you. They are just too dangerous imo

El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
My mom's friend's nephew actually died huffing computer duster. But he wasn't trying to die; he was just a huge addict looking for any fix.

• Aww..
Reactions: _Minsk and Cyanide
N

Neo-Schopenhauerian

Apr 16, 2018
That's not a good idea. There's no way the chance of success is going to be high enough and there's the risk of ending up with brain damage and then being forced to stay alive, unable to end your own life, which would be an absolute nightmare.

FullFat

FullFat

^best order at Micky-D's ever
Apr 27, 2018
My mom works at Lowe's and one of their regular customers only buys this stuff every time he comes in (sometimes multiple times a day), and in large quantities. He always get cash back. We think he's buying it for someone using their card. I'm not sure why since it's not regulated, but I don't think he's the one using it.

Never Free

Never Free

Student
Feb 6, 2019
pretty sure they add some shit in it that makes you cough
I recently did it, mostly as a an appetite suppressant as I've been trying to get Refeeding Syndrome. Sadly I'm out and couldn't find any at the stores near me. It's the only thing that really brought me peace recently. My erratic nutrition is bringing me a lot distress. I just want heart failure already. Anyways the duster felt good. Some negitive symptoms but not coughing. Mostly my heart beating really fast, and nervousness. Though also calming. I'm really trying to ruin my body beyond repair this time to avoid any chance of revival. So I'm choosing a slower app it avi than I did with the antifreeze.
Learnt just this week you could get high on these AS well as cause instantaneous respiratory arrest. Apparently, it's the stupidest way to get high because the inhalation starves the brain of oxygen and strains the heart. Some people have died from 'recreational' use just once.

Air Duster
I wouldn't do it if I wasn't planning on CTB very soon. In fact my method of CTB also causes brain damage. I just know I have to succeed. It will only make my situation worse if I don't. Maybe it's because I did inhalants at a very young age to deal with a poor home life, but duster is really the only thing that seems to brought me peace as far as inhalants go. Didn't do a lot of drugs or anything. Though through circumstances did do inhalants at a young age sniff nail polish remover. Like toddler till about 6 I think. Didn't know what "getting high" or even really about getting drunk. I just realized it helped me calm down, and stay out of trouble at home. I just stopped when it didn't work. I hoped I just grew out of it with age/ size. but feared I just got tolerant. When I heard it gave you brain damage at my LD school grade 3 I worried it was my fault I was there since I did that,

Last edited:
PrettyMoose

PrettyMoose

Eat my arse, Pain&Sh*tness & Mindf*ckitation Grift
Mar 1, 2020
My friends and I used to inhale air duster somewhat often when we were teenagers. We'd laugh about how it made us sound. We'd inhale some and then start talking and it would make our voices very low with a lot of bass, kind of like how demons in horror movies sound. Then we'd go and inhale helium and laugh about how we sounded so high pitched.

None of us died or became disabled from it or anything like that, even when we'd go through a lot of it. So from personal experience I'd say it is a very unreliable suicide method, but I don't doubt that it has killed some people in the world.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
I recently did it, mostly as a an appetite suppressant as I've been trying to get Refeeding Syndrome.

Had to look this term up out of interest. I don't know your background story, but isn't this a very roundabout and complicated method to use?

Reactions: Never Free
Never Free

Never Free

Student
Feb 6, 2019
My friends and I used to inhale air duster somewhat often when we were teenagers. We'd laugh about how it made us sound. We'd inhale some and then start talking and it would make our voices very low with a lot of bass, kind of like how demons in horror movies sound. Then we'd go and inhale helium and laugh about how we sounded so high pitched.

None of us died or became disabled from it or anything like that, even when we'd go through a lot of it. So from personal experience I'd say it is a very unreliable suicide method, but I don't doubt that it has killed some people in the world.
Would imagine it would make a good addition to suffocation as you feel like you're breathing oxygen from what I understand
Had to look this term up out of interest. I don't know your background story, but isn't this a very roundabout and complicated method to use?
Yea, but that's the point. I want to be sick beyond being able to be revived. It's a difficult process though, and I've been getting very negative symptoms. Makes it even harder to know if I'm getting closer to death. I hope it's just further ensuring I don't make it out alive.

Last edited: