BrokenAlien

BrokenAlien

Nov 3, 2020
I'm making plans to ctb, and I'm really getting sad at the prospect of how exactly it will go. I live in an apartment but nobody ever comes to my place, I don't even know if anyone would necessarily be concerned to not hear from me for days because it's my usual routine to go silent like that often. I mean I want to die, but I don't want to be dead for weeks before anyone looks for me or something. It makes me even more depressed that it could go like that- like I don't have anyone close enough to wonder. I lost the person in this world who really did care.
anyways... does anyone else fear that, is there some kind of suggestion for how I can get someone to check up on me like semi shortly AFTER I die? I know that's weird considering I'll be dead but I don't know, the idea of being found way late half eaten by my cat and decomposed well it sounds depressing.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: death137, Matthias_k, cii and 2 others
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Yes this is why I am going to a hotel

Reactions: BrokenAlien and x~Sophia~x
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Yea..it's possible I will start to decompose before anyone finds me, even though I technically live with someone. We barely interact. I hope they don't open my door to let a cat in, which they might even if they think I'm just sleeping. I'm going to have to barricade it since it has no lock and adding a lock would be suspicious from the outside.

• Hugs
Reactions: woxihuanni
Moonbounce

Moonbounce

Prototype
Aug 12, 2020
Well I'll be dead so no not really... I'm doing this for myself not anyone else. I'm a hell of a lot more concerned about being found too early.

But that's what happens to dead bodies, they decompose. And if you picked your ctb spot well, then the best case scenario would be that your body would have undergone some level of decomposition by the time you were found. Lord bless whomever finds you.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Homecoming, Buffy5120, BrokenAlien and 1 other person
BrokenAlien

BrokenAlien

Nov 3, 2020
Well I'll be dead so no not really... I'm doing this for myself not anyone else. I'm a hell of a lot more concerned about being found too early.

But that's what happens to dead bodies, they decompose. And if you picked your ctb spot well, then the best case scenario would be that your body would have undergone some level of decomposition by the time you were found. Lord bless whomever finds you.
You're right in the main scheme of it I mean it's not going to be fun to find a body on day one OR week 3. I'll be dead so it won't matter. Weirdly comforting I guess

Reactions: Meditation guide
M

Matthias_k

Apr 18, 2020
is there some kind of suggestion for how I can get someone to check up on me like semi shortly AFTER I die? I know that's weird considering I'll be dead but I don't know, the idea of being found way late half eaten by my cat and decomposed well it sounds depressing.

Delayed email. Boomerang works fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: dropdeadfred and Emily_Numb
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Yea..it's possible I will start to decompose before anyone finds me, even though I technically live with someone. We barely interact. I hope they don't open my door to let a cat in, which they might even if they think I'm just sleeping. I'm going to have to barricade it since it has no lock and adding a lock would be suspicious from the outside.

Same. I will have somewhat decomposed by the time he finds me.

• Aww..
Reactions: LastFlowers
BLUE1970

BLUE1970

Experienced
Nov 3, 2020
Will you leave adequate provisions for your cat? It's a worry that the cat might suffer if you are not found for considerable time.

Reactions: BrokenAlien
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
Delayed emails, answer machine messages, physical letter to your solicitor, stick a note to the front door so the postman will see it.

As someone above has mentioned, please leave plenty of food for your cat or better yet give them a new home. Cats are just like dogs, despite common conceptions. They feel and react to loss. Their tells are just harder to read. It wouldn't be nice having to be in the same home as your owner while they're dead.

Reactions: dropdeadfred, BrokenAlien, Emily_Numb and 1 other person
SadJessu

SadJessu

Just tired.
Aug 17, 2020
This is one of my biggest fears, which is why I'd opt for a hotel rather than where I'd prefer, at home or in nature.

Reactions: BrokenAlien and Meditation guide
BrokenAlien

BrokenAlien

Nov 3, 2020
Delayed emails, answer machine messages, physical letter to your solicitor, stick a note to the front door so the postman will see it.

As someone above has mentioned, please leave plenty of food for your cat or better yet give them a new home. Cats are just like dogs, despite common conceptions. They feel and react to loss. Their tells are just harder to read. It wouldn't be nice having to be in the same home as your owner while they're dead.
Yes I'd definitely make sure my pets are safe- probably would give them to someone to look after them. I would never want my cat to suffer :(

K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
I'm making plans to ctb, and I'm really getting sad at the prospect of how exactly it will go. I live in an apartment but nobody ever comes to my place, I don't even know if anyone would necessarily be concerned to not hear from me for days because it's my usual routine to go silent like that often. I mean I want to die, but I don't want to be dead for weeks before anyone looks for me or something. It makes me even more depressed that it could go like that- like I don't have anyone close enough to wonder. I lost the person in this world who really did care.
anyways... does anyone else fear that, is there some kind of suggestion for how I can get someone to check up on me like semi shortly AFTER I die? I know that's weird considering I'll be dead but I don't know, the idea of being found way late half eaten by my cat and decomposed well it sounds depressing.
I will not be found until neighbours smell my rotting corpse. I have no family in this country and no friends. So I share your concern.

L

LostSoul101

Student
Nov 7, 2020
This is also my fear, being found decomposed. And hotels are shut right now due to Covid.