StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
"Mitchell Heisman killed himself by shooting himself on the Harvard University Campus.
Just before his death he published a 1905 pages long book online which he called his "Suicide Note".
The book spanned topics like human nature, society, religion, technology and science.
Heisman held a bachelor's degree in psychology from Albany University."

If your interested:

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I haven't read it, but I've read about it. Have you? Is it worthy of 1905 pages?

StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
I haven't read it, but I've read about it. Have you? Is it worthy of 1905 pages?
I haven't yet but I would like to.
Ctb is kind of my priority at the moment.
I have two attempts lined up for today (partial) and tmr (train).

Reactions: ecmnesia
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I know about it but haven't read it. Sad to say, but I'm not sure it would be worth the effort.

Reactions: ecmnesia and not4us
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
I know about it but haven't read it. Sad to say, but I'm not sure it would be worth the effort.
I know what you mean but from I have read about it seems to be very nihilistic and pro suicide.
Not sure if I can muster up the motivation to read more in-depth though.

Reactions: ecmnesia
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Yeah, I just struggle so much these days to find the motivation to do things. I feel like this wouldn't exactly be pleasure reading, and I'd rather spend the energy I have on something more "fun." Maybe if it weren't almost 2,000 pages...

Reactions: ecmnesia and StateOfMind
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
I would consider if it was audio xD
Reading makes me sleepy nowadays.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I would consider if it was audio xD
Reading makes me sleepy nowadays.
Man, can you imagine being the person to narrate that?

I'm the opposite. Audiobooks put me to sleep, or else I just can't concentrate on them. I find my mind wanders too much and I'll start tuning it out. I've always been that way. But I can't really stay awake reading anymore, either. I used to have no problem with that.

Reactions: WitheringAway
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I've had illusions of grandeur concerning writing a long, close to a book long, suicide note. Of course, I'm too dumb for that.

• Hugs
Reactions: StateOfMind
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
no. although it's not a suicide note, there is a book called "Short history of decay" by Email Cioran, his a pessimist and pro-suicide. It's only a hundred pages and as of now my favorite book. He explores lots of topics and althought he writes it a poetic way, the way he states things is still somehow crude. It is said that his book usually ressonates with suicidal individuals, and even that somehow it provides some kind of comfort to keep on going or the courage you need to indulge in cbt. It is as if somehow someone was able to access my deeper feelings and thoughts, those I cannot even elaborate much less voice, and wrote it on a paper. I'd definitely recommend.

Reactions: Euthanza and StateOfMind
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
Man, can you imagine being the person to narrate that?

I'm the opposite. Audiobooks put me to sleep, or else I just can't concentrate on them. I find my mind wanders too much and I'll start tuning it out. I've always been that way. But I can't really stay awake reading anymore, either. I used to have no problem with that.
I listen while cooking or cleaning that's how i don't fall asleep otherwise it would be a quick knock out for me too lmao

StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
no. although it's not a suicide note, there is a book called "Short history of decay" by Email Cioran, his a pessimist and pro-suicide. It's only a hundred pages and as of now my favorite book. He explores lots of topics and althought he writes it a poetic way, the way he states things is still somehow crude. It is said that his book usually ressonates with suicidal individuals, and even that somehow it provides some kind of comfort to keep on going or the courage you need to indulge in cbt. It is as if somehow someone was able to access my deeper feelings and thoughts, those I cannot even elaborate much less voice, and wrote it on a paper. I'd definitely recommend.
Interesting. Just googled him.
Not sure if I like this quote of his lol
"It is not worth the bother of killing yourself, since you always kill yourself too late. "

Reactions: TooConscious
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
Last edited:
Reactions: TooConscious