R

rvsw

Student
Jul 17, 2020
I am going to go to Pegasus in Switzerland as they accepted my application. However if they by any chance refuse me last minute due to any administrative issue, I plan to take sn in a hotel room there

I have a friend who will accompany me. If I take sn he would go out of the hotel room and return after sometime and call the police after confirming I am dead.

I obviously don't want him to be accused of helping me in any way. I searched for swiss law on abetting suicide but all I get is euthanasia related links.

Technically he is not going to help me drink sn so he is not abetting suicide. The confusion is if calling police after confirmation of death is considered abetment.

Does anyone have knowledge or help in pointing to any source of information.thank you

• Aww..
Reactions: Buffy5120
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
There have been several court cases in my country over this(Ireland), even the act of traveling with someone for euthanasia can be considered aiding or abetting
I'd say research your own country's law regarding this
I know here the maximum prison sentence is 14 years
It's always a risk, how likely it is to happen is very hard to tell because I think most people can understand that morally speaking the person traveling with or aiding the person wanting to ctb should not face prosecution however in most countries unfortunately the law has not yet caught up

Last edited:
R

rvsw

Student
Jul 17, 2020
Thank you. I am specifically asking for Switzerland. It is where I will take sn but it is not my country of residence. So I don't know the law of it