KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
whos served?

the only thing driving me now is joining the marines and becoming motor t.

i heard ptsd is rampant in 0311.... sad.

• Love
Reactions: GarageKarate07
GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
I was in the ARMY 2009. If you go take the time to find out what job you want. Motor is good. They might tell you "We are not accepting Motor or the job you want right now. Sign up for this instead it's a good job!". They do this because they have to "fill" certain jobs. If this happens WAIT! Wait for the job you want to open up! Try to find 2 or 3 jobs that you might like. Do not take what they offer you IF it is not what you wanted. Does that make sense? Try to talk to a very recent soldier from the last 4 years to find out HOW they are recruiting now. The have a quota for every job that they are ordered to fill. Dont get caught in that. Find a job you will love and a job that can set you up after you go back to civilian through "warrior transition" or the marine equivilant which is when your term is up and they make sure you have 1 a home/ a place to go. 2 a job and finances. 3 your retro pay. 4 your severance pay which might be a year or more of 80% pay to make sure you can get yourself back to civilian life without having troubles. Hope this helps.

KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
I was in the ARMY 2009. If you go take the time to find out what job you want. Motor is good. They might tell you "We are not accepting Motor or the job you want right now. Sign up for this instead it's a good job!". They do this because they have to "fill" certain jobs. If this happens WAIT! Wait for the job you want to open up! Try to find 2 or 3 jobs that you might like. Do not take what they offer you IF it is not what you wanted. Does that make sense? Try to talk to a very recent soldier from the last 4 years to find out HOW they are recruiting now. The have a quota for every job that they are ordered to fill. Dont get caught in that. Find a job you will love and a job that can set you up after you go back to civilian through "warrior transition" or the marine equivilant which is when your term is up and they make sure you have 1 a home/ a place to go. 2 a job and finances. 3 your retro pay. 4 your severance pay which might be a year or more of 80% pay to make sure you can get yourself back to civilian life without having troubles. Hope this helps.
interesting, ive heard about recruiters going "do this instead". im set on motor.

• Love
Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
Disabled Air Force vet. My only advice to anyone joining is go tour a VA hospital in a big city. See how far the government's "gratitude" really goes. Then rethink your life. Unless you just WANT to CTB. The military will help you achieve that goal.

• Love
Reactions: demuic and GarageKarate07
GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
Disabled Air Force vet. My only advice to anyone joining is go tour a VA hospital in a big city. See how far the government's "gratitude" really goes. Then rethink your life. Unless you just WANT to CTB. The military will help you achieve that goal.
The way our country (USA) and every other country treats their ACTIVE and VETERAN citizens is a god damned joke! Do you remember the "BAKE SALES" for Kevlar armour for our troops back in the early 2000s? No armour!? No armour for our troops!? Why do we keep paying taxes and giving these ass hats our best and brightest citizens for foreign wars? I liked the older soldiers because they stopped caring and therefore stopped filling us "new guys" with the usual military garbage. They would talk to us like humans as opposed to someone trying to justify a new promotion (sergeant/ captain). They would take a moment to talk to us and show support and and gratitude for trying to "defend" our nations honor. Sometimes individuals did this as well. None the less our soldiers are treated like tissue paper. The way our citizens are treated is even worse and again USA is not alone in this shameful treatment of its great and hopeful people.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist and KiraComplex
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
I was a year in the German Bundeswehr and I personally wouldn't recommend going to any armed forced if you're not motivated enough and don't like to wake up early I guess. I believe that I would have similar experience with the US armed forced if I would go there but with the exception with the broken equipment lmao

When I was at Bundeswehr, I experienced 2 trucks throwing a rod due to bad maintenance, my gun almost blew up because I had a squib load (Explaination from a very good gun YT Channel) and once I was driving a armored motorcycle and the chain snapped.
Luckily we were not deployed into real war situation or things would go really bad with such an bad equipment XD

• Love
KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
I was a year in the German Bundeswehr and I personally wouldn't recommend going to any armed forced if you're not motivated enough and don't like to wake up early I guess. I believe that I would have similar experience with the US armed forced if I would go there but with the exception with the broken equipment lmao

When I was at Bundeswehr, I experienced 2 trucks throwing a rod due to bad maintenance, my gun almost blew up because I had a squib load (Explaination from a very good gun YT Channel) and once I was driving a armored motorcycle and the chain snapped.
Luckily we were not deployed into real war situation or things would go really bad with such an bad equipment XD
yeesh, i heard that german equipment isnt the best. glad you got out

Reactions: LunarPyotr
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
yeesh, i heard that german equipment isnt the best. glad you got out
To be honest here, I never really intended to stay there for longer than a year.
I actually got a job contract back then but I was beginning that job one year later and since just "chilling around" isn't really a good thing to have in your curriculum vitae :P
So, I got curious and decided to went there for a year just to pass some time.