• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
Hello, weird question before I drift off to sleep tonightmlm
I got myself a hotel stay for the night, so I hope to get some ddbhogoood riest for once...

Uhh this an odd one like I don't mean to pry or connect but basically.
My main reason to ctb was that I'm unable to return home to the US, and am not safe in Germany in 37284392 ways, plus severe trauma there (debilitating cPTSD while there can't function) due to personal history and such etc.
I tried everything but I won't be able to change my inability to return to US atm

Now I've elbern weighing to ctb while I have a good beautiful chance rn (still in UK!) or maybe try start life over from scratch (I kinda want to...) stood at Beachy Head cliff fewbdays ago 16 hours could jot jump. I've been really liking the UK wish I could stay here I feel safe but I don't have a *realistic* legal way to change past visitor status.

I learned a cool thing though! Irish citizens have quasi UK citizen rights! And Ireland is EU!
Since Germany doesn't allow me enployment thoug I'm destitute tbh.
I'm expert at surviving homeless in developed fities but to stay I do need to find job within yy 6 months EU rules (is not like US moving states). But any work works! Horus pay no matter
So if I get there and set that up within 6 months I could technically become Irish after 5 yrs then have quasi full rights in both Ireland and UK... that sounds nice... I could even use that safety to build a real lifebso I van hunt for a new Gren Card after that..

I'm curious ti hear basicslly from idk anyone that actually lives thrre what theybthink of the placem personally.
Don't think I've come across any user mentioning they're from there yet, actually?
Is it similar to the UK at all?

I can feel my survival instinct is pushing hardbfor me to do this, but I'd literally hop in with nearly no money,nwith no connections anything but the language and my usual crazy wits.
I'd be forced to go thrte it in this broken manner, I have no alternative to plan it out or obtain more money or w/e. I have nowhere fully safe to turn to... (exceepf death is safe frkm all trauma!) @ll alone in thus cold dark world

Hearing more baiut the place is mush.
Info about thr place from folks who livdd there much appreciated. sorrybbrain is feied atm i'm so tired thabkbyou

Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
Yes, it's very similar. Why can't you go back to the US?

Reactions: LonelyKitten
claraisnotcarol

claraisnotcarol

from dust to dust
Oct 4, 2023
you okay? are you going to stay in the UK then?
or do you have to go back to Germany? I've never been out of Spain so I don't now how exactly this things work

LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
Been quite panicked thinking about trying to live on tbh. Sorry
I'd love to stay in the UK but don't have the right to stay here long-term, legally speaking.

Only 2 possibly applicable routes for me I saw are "on basis of private life" or Irish citizenship.
I'd only be able to afford legal aid if I combined the private life route with an asylum claim which I very much do not believe the UK in particular would be partial to in my specific circumstances (EU citizen claims are automatically rejected in UK outside of "exceptional circumstances" - which is always some unimagineable level of hurdle if you see a phrasing like that in legalese), and making an asylum claim opens up, potentially immediately, the risk of detention/deportation.

So, tl;dr, I gotta dip somewhere without much of an upfront plan (beyond the long-term goal) in any case I choose.
idk anything in Ireland, never been.

claraisnotcarol

claraisnotcarol

from dust to dust
Oct 4, 2023
I'd love to stay in the UK but don't have the right to stay here long-term, legally speaking.

Only 2 possibly applicable routes for me I saw are "on basis of private life" or Irish citizenship.
I'd only be able to afford legal aid if I combined the private life route with an asylum claim which I very much do not believe the UK in particular would be partial to in my specific circumstances (EU citizen claims are automatically rejected in UK outside of "exceptional circumstances" - which is always some unimagineable level of hurdle if you see a phrasing like that in legalese), and making an asylum claim opens up, potentially immediately, the risk of detention/deportation.

So, tl;dr, I gotta dip somewhere without much of an upfront plan (beyond the long-term goal) in any case I choose.
and haven't you planned go to Germany, but in a different city that your family is from, cutting all connections with them? maybe there you could be stable and have more thinj to think about your next move without being so stressed out and having no contact to them?

Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023

How long have you been in the UK? You might be able to get "settled" status or whatever they call it if you've been here a while. I would recommend you visiting the Citizens Advice Beaureux. Most towns have one. If there's any way you can stay, they'll know. It's certainly worth a shot.

LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
and haven't you planned go to Germany, but in a different city that your family is from, cutting all connections with them?
I'm not sure where or how I'd go anywhere else.
I know I don't wanna stay in this country, and that many of the core laws/problems I face here are intrinsic to it or the same federally, so I don't think I want to invest what resources I have left into this.
How long have you been in the UK? You might be able to get "settled" status or whatever they call it if you've been here a while. I would recommend you visiting the Citizens Advice Beaureux.
I checked.
You generally can't switch from Visitor to another status, and I've not been here long/early enough for the Settled stuff.
sadness