nonliv

nonliv

Aug 30, 2024
Instagram just randomly suggesting me sa survivors holding up signs of what their abusers sayd to them and how old they were. I should have just swiped off, but the video was so quick I couldn't even process most of it. I feel so awful for these people. The things they desribed too me will probably be carved inside my head for a long time, just like other times this has happened too me. I wish I could delete the things I see and read. I wonder if there's anyone here with the same thoughts? Feeling awful for feeling awful, becouse it's them that got abused and not you, so you shouldn't really even be feeling like this and feeling like a horrible person.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking
L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
I'm not diagnosed with ocd but I got diagnosed with obsessive compulsive personality disorder in the past. I'm diagnosed with autism right now but some parts of ocpd still seem somewhat fitting. I tend to keep up with several newssites and also scroll through social media quite a lot. And sometimes certain video's and articles make me feel very angry and sad. It makes me despondent to read about all the awful things people do to each other.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. But I think you don't deserve any of those things happening to you, neither do those people. Noone deserves to be abused. Why do you feel like a horrible person?

I should probably stop reading the news. Sometimes I stop for a while, after reading something particularly horrible. But then I start again. Scrolling through social media can be fun. I like funny videos, it's a genuine source of joy. But then the shocking videos tend to mix in. I should keep scrolling but sometimes I don't.

Reactions: nonliv
nonliv

nonliv

Aug 30, 2024
I'm not diagnosed with ocd but I got diagnosed with obsessive compulsive personality disorder in the past. I'm diagnosed with autism right now but some parts of ocpd still seem somewhat fitting. I tend to keep up with several newssites and also scroll through social media quite a lot. And sometimes certain video's and articles make me feel very angry and sad. It makes me despondent to read about all the awful things people do to each other.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. But I think you don't deserve any of those things happening to you, neither do those people. Noone deserves to be abused. Why do you feel like a horrible person?

I should probably stop reading the news. Sometimes I stop for a while, after reading something particularly horrible. But then I start again. Scrolling through social media can be fun. I like funny videos, it's a genuine source of joy. But then the shocking videos tend to mix in. I should keep scrolling but sometimes I don't.
Yeah. I'm gonna be limiting the socials I go too, and trying too just, trick my brain into not thinking if I can. Thank you for replying. I was really happy too see a message on here.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking