• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
As a kid yes, now that's more major depressive disorder. Dysthymia is hell because we've never experienced happiness, sorry friend

Friend_A

Friend_A

Oct 28, 2020
As a kid yes, now that's more major depressive disorder. Dysthymia is hell because we've never experienced happiness, sorry friend
what is your definition of happiness

Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Epicurian i.e. absence of pain

Reactions: Friend_A
RedRed

RedRed

Oct 24, 2020
I think I have it. I know it's wrong to self-diagnose and all that, but during the time my professor discussed about PDD everything suddenly made sense to me. Though Dysthymia is "milder" compared to MDD, it's much difficult to treat. The fact that my prof told us this made me feel my soul yeeting itself out of my mortal coil. Kinda made me lose hope ahaha

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Yeah, it just molded into my personality since I had it for so long. I cant even remember the last time i weren't apathetic. Made me perfect target for bullies for sure. I just didnt care anymore.

S

spinningwheel

Aug 13, 2020
I don't know if it's "officially" on my medical thing, but the last therapist I was with told me I most likely have dysthymia after a fair amount of intro sessions. So if this is what dysthymia feels like I've had it for 10+ years. In the summers it used to get better, but the last 5 ish years have just been the same.. grey and apathetic.
it doesnt seem like it'll end. therapy, meds...
What meds have you tried? And what did you feel when you were on them?

Friend_A

Friend_A

Oct 28, 2020
I don't know if it's "officially" on my medical thing, but the last therapist I was with told me I most likely have dysthymia after a fair amount of intro sessions. So if this is what dysthymia feels like I've had it for 10+ years. In the summers it used to get better, but the last 5 ish years have just been the same.. grey and apathetic.

What meds have you tried? And what did you feel when you were on them?
was on fluoxetine for some time but i just cant be bothered anymore since ive become very apathetic to life. and my issues stem from my view of this world, my environment, and family life. meds cannot make those go away. i simply have no will for anything anymore. i just want it all to end.

what about u?

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
I was diagnosed with dysthymia that was temporarily relieved four years later with Prozac, but that only lasted for around eight months. In some respects, it's much worse now that I have experienced what life is like without it.

After tachyphylaxis kicked in, my diagnosis was supplemented with an escalation to major depressive disorder. Nothing has worked since that first experience with Prozac.

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I am officially diagnosed with Major depressive disorder.
I'd not even heard of this but it seems to fit.
I have no motivation to clean my teeth. The only motivation I have is for self destructrive things.

RedRed

RedRed

Oct 24, 2020
This made me laugh, not at your plight, but the word "yeeting" and the soul yeeting it self out of your mortal coil... You really have a way with words.
Ahaha I'm glad I made you laugh! This is my default mood almost all the time when we have ab psych. Every topic in that subject just gives me pain in a certain part of my anatomy. My undiagnosed depression and I feel like a clown there ahahah

Reactions: Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Ahaha I'm glad I made you laugh! This is my default mood almost all the time when we have ab psych. Every topic in that subject just gives me pain in a certain part of my anatomy. My undiagnosed depression and I feel like a clown there ahahah
I'm still laughing at that. Thank you so much!

Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey

Student
Jun 17, 2020
I have it, among other things. Probably have since early childhood... I'm pretty sure that it started when I was four. Although it is "milder" than MDD, it sucks when your baseline is suboptimal and probably always has been. I'm not sure that I've ever really experienced normalcy in the mood department.

For those wondering if the diagnosis might fit, you can have both dysthymia/persistent depressive disorder and major depressive disorder (I have been diagnosed with both).

Last edited:
S

spinningwheel

Aug 13, 2020
was on fluoxetine for some time but i just cant be bothered anymore since ive become very apathetic to life. and my issues stem from my view of this world, my environment, and family life. meds cannot make those go away. i simply have no will for anything anymore. i just want it all to end.

what about u?
Kind of ironic that the thing that's supposed to help you makes you worse..
I haven't been on any meds, since it's really strict here.

Reactions: Friend_A