D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Like going to a place after death and meeting deceased relatives, planning your reincarnation etc

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and Adûnâi
Bad-luck

Bad-luck

"Tradition is the corpse of wisdom"
Oct 31, 2023
I hope. I hope there is somewhere after this life where I can finally be happy.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, AInilam, TorturedEnough and 2 others
ClownCringe

ClownCringe

Remember being able to move?
Jan 18, 2020
Probably not. lol

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
ive always hoped reincarnation is a thing, not cause i wanna suffer again but i wanna live a life where im not dealt the same garbage i was this time around. i wanna be happy in this life once. i wanna give it a go on the other side of wtv this is.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, Adûnâi, Kalista and 1 other person
TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
I believe that we return to non-existence when we die. In a way, I find this quite soothing. As Schopenhauer wrote, "after your death you will be what you were before your birth."

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, Adûnâi, Tobacco and 3 others
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
these days, no

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
K

Kalista

Failed hard to pull the trigger - Now using SN
Feb 5, 2023
I don't believe in any afterlife. I believe we just die and that's it, but I fantasize about an afterlife that fits my cat and I.

Reincarnation is another fantasy I imagine. Maybe I'll be reincarnated in a new world with far more interesting things in it.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, AInilam, Adûnâi and 1 other person
Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
I believe that we return to non-existence when we die. In a way, I find this quite soothing. As Schopenhauer wrote, "after your death you will be what you were before your birth."
Has anyone managed to decipher non-existence? It's quite a mindfuck, and even before the birth, from a biological standpoint, everyone existed in the form of cells in the bodies of their parents, and so on. Consciousness is apparently tied to a brain (which is more of those damn cells), but awareness doesn't have to be. Plants are aware. Animals have the sixth sense, something humans have lost, probably because of the budget cuts. Human intellect has been on a decline for a while now, science has been corrupted, and figuring out the universe(s) and matter has been reduced to delusions of mining and looting nearby planets.

What are the chances that we are the only intelligent life form in the universe... We haven't even figured out where everything began, so there is only left to be paranoid about where it ends.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and Adûnâi
Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
I think reincarnation exists but I don't like it. This world is too bad. Maybe that's what the Buddha imagined; that nirvana is just peaceful nothingness.

• Love
Reactions: oddetoad and Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
Imagine if the afterlife exists in the form each of us wants it to look like. I guess, I have been indulged by my mom or something, or maybe I'm that libertarian on this topic from nature.

So far, I've probably screwed myself up because I have promised the demons (if they exist lmao) my next 7 reincarnations to be terrible.

Reactions: sserafim
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
Idk everyone has their own beliefs about it. But if it's true that there isn't anything, then how have we come to be in the first place? Why is it so unreasonable to think that what has happened once already could happen again, and we can come back to life in another form somehow?
In any case there is no answer so I try to focus on the present.

Reactions: sserafim, oddetoad, AInilam and 1 other person
CheekyPhobia

CheekyPhobia

Reasonless, well it stands to reason...
Aug 1, 2022
I'm finding it increasingly hard to believe that there isn't one. I don't think there's any merit to the abrahamic faiths that dominate the world but the notion of simply ceasing to exist is becoming ridiculous to me. Just as we start with summer and end with winter, we are born to this world crying and screaming and then taken from it in an equally unpleasant way. It's all cyclical. Death is the transformation into our next incarnation and so on and so on.

J

J&L383

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
I fnd it very difficult to believe that there's an afterlife where we continue the personhood that we've become in this physical life into another dimension. That being said, I would love there to be an afterlife, where people can be happy and not suffering. I suppose we will all find out once we get there, if there is a "there" there, but if there's "nothing" then we'll never know, on the other hand. 🤷‍♂️

E

EndingEagle

Nov 27, 2023
I really hope there is a one but no one who can tell about it knows for certain.

Reactions: sserafim and Grav
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I used to but not so much now. I actually hope there isn't one to be honest because that suggests that God is maybe real and looking at this world- I don't think I want to 'live' in another world designed by them. Plus- an eternity anywhere sounds boring.

AInilam

AInilam

Student
Dec 17, 2023
I really hope so, the thought is what helped eased me out of my fear of death. I used to hate the idea of oblivion but honestly it doesn't sound so bad anymore, even preferable. I'd still choose an after life but there better be a really good reason why no one ''up there'' has interfered with what goes on down here. .

• Love
Reactions: oddetoad
Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
an eternity anywhere sounds boring
If you like to read, then maybe consider these:

"Science of life after death" by Stephen Hawley
"7 reasons to believe in the afterlife" by Jacques Charbonier
"After Death: A New Future for Human Consciousness" by Jenny Wade

Also attached is one of the older studies.

Attachments

• wade1998a.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Informative
Reactions: sserafim and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
If you like to read, then maybe consider these:

"Science of life after death" by Stephen Hawley
"7 reasons to believe in the afterlife" by Jacques Charbonier
"After Death: A New Future for Human Consciousness" by Jenny Wade

Also attached is one of the older studies.

Thank you for the recommendations. Honestly, I don't really enjoy reading. I wish I did. I'd like to be more knowledgeable. I'm too lazy though!

I'm guessing they don't say anything very persuasive though- otherwise, the brainy atheists of the world like Stephen Fry- who likely do read a lot wouldn't be atheists anymore. I just feel like if anyone had something to be able to prove all this stuff- either way- we'd surely all know about it by now. Whether there is life after death has to be the biggest question and news story there is. If someone really had something proveable- surely, we'd all know? All we seem to have is various beliefs or doubts. No offense to you though. We're all free to believe what we want. I just don't know but I guess I lean more in a hopeful way towards atheism now.

Reactions: sserafim, AInilam and Relic
Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
If someone really had something proveable- surely, we'd all know?
Not so sure about that. NASA suddenly "lost" all the rocket flight data when asked to provide telemetry. From recent history, Fauci and all the Covid lies and circus. Science is one of the most precarious and muddled fields there has ever been. Corruption gets to everything and everyone, eventually. Nature has been providing cure for thousands of years, now it has become "alternative" medicine. Anything plant based became "unproven". Rich and powerful sure do love their occult, to this day. When this kind of data would be widely publicized, it would change the world view radically. World's richest organization, the Church, would fall. As far as data goes, the general public is provided with absolute minimum, and one has to go digging to find anything meaningful.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and Forever Sleep
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
The soul continues to go on. Most get reincarnated again and don't remember anything. But I believe that you can stop that from happening if you will it.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and oddetoad
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I don't know if there is anything after, believe it less nowadays. But I'm not convinced there isn't so that is the chain that keeps me here.

Reactions: Relic
J

J&L383

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
I find very unlikely that there is an afterlife where your personality or sense of personhood continues on into another realm. When I die I may be surprised and look forward to that, on the other hand, when I die and there's nothing I won't be around to know that there's nothing. So, make the best of this life!