foreverlikethestars

foreverlikethestars

Jun 23, 2020
I know people generally do to feel something, have control over something in their lives, punish themselves ect, but for myself ? I feel obligated to if i dont read a certain amount throughout a given day. I feel like an absolute failure for not being as smart as I'd like to be

• Hugs
Reactions: Living_Hurts_so_Much, SuicidalSymphonies, Deleted member 19276 and 1 other person
glittergore

glittergore

the sea, the sea
Jun 16, 2020
It's a release of energy for me. If I have any difficult or overwhelming feelings, I can self-harm. It's almost like letting the emotions leak out of my body. I also do it as an expression of suicidal intent, as it's a way to destroy myself without fully destroying myself.

Reactions: Living_Hurts_so_Much, dysfunctional and foreverlikethestars
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
I mostly use it to transfer emotional pain into physical pain. Relieves a lot of stress for me too.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: thesilentoceans, Living_Hurts_so_Much, puppy9 and 1 other person
B

blue101

Jul 3, 2020
I do it to feel something its like im dead inside I don't feel anything so cutting I can feel something

• Hugs
Reactions: puppy9 and foreverlikethestars
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Just frustration really. A way of venting some of my hatred towards myself onto myself physically.

• Hugs
Reactions: Living_Hurts_so_Much and foreverlikethestars
P

person123

Experienced
Jul 2, 2020
I never self harmed, cuz I don't like pain, but I have huge scars on my legs, from a suicide attempt, I cut my arteries, and there was blood all over my apartment, but I didn't even lose consciousness, I cut deep, but didn't reach the femoral artery. Long story short, cutting sucks, don't do it, kids.

Reactions: foreverlikethestars
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I never self harmed, cuz I don't like pain, but I have huge scars on my legs, from a suicide attempt, I cut my arteries, and there was blood all over my apartment, but I didn't even lose consciousness, I cut deep, but didn't reach the femoral artery. Long story short, cutting sucks, don't do it, kids.
Reminds me of 14 year old me thinking I could stab my own heart out effortlessly

S

SSlostallhope

Student
May 23, 2020
I have never self harmed as such. When I feel that low I just get a new piercing or tattoo

Reactions: foreverlikethestars and Sinai Silence
P

person123

Experienced
Jul 2, 2020
Reminds me of 14 year old me thinking I could stab my own heart out effortlessly
I actually tried to stab myself in the heart that day, but I missed, and punctured a lung, that fucking bitch hurt badly, my family found me, and called the ambulance. What a fail.

• Wow
Reactions: KleinerWolf
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
I have never self harmed as such. When I feel that low I just get a new piercing or tattoo
This was how I coped with SH before lock down. Can say I look forward to when my parlor can reopen.

• Love
Reactions: SSlostallhope
foreverlikethestars

foreverlikethestars

Jun 23, 2020
I mostly use it to transfer emotional pain into physical pain. Relieves a lot of stress for me too.
It's a release of energy for me. If I have any difficult or overwhelming feelings, I can self-harm. It's almost like letting the emotions leak out of my body. I also do it as an expression of suicidal intent, as it's a way to destroy myself without fully destroying myself.

feel these so much

snuffcore

snuffcore

don’t forget those days that overflowed with love.
Jun 30, 2020
When I was younger I used to do it to feel better by turning the emotional pain into physical one. Now I do it mostly to feel worse and feed into my own darkness, or sometimes as punishment for having these monstrous feelings.

Nyxx33

Nyxx33

May 8, 2020
It started with simply liking the sensation, making me feel alive, until it turned into a way to punish myself for my extreme emotions and to try to release them in some way. I've realized I'm kind of a sensation junkie but trying to find healthier ways.. like rolling around on the grass or dancing. It helps being physical in some way even if it's holding an ice cube until I feel more in control of my emotions. Sometimes I just enjoy different sensations. It helps shift me away from my thoughts.

Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
Self harm helps relieve my anxiety. Other times I do it to punish myself for my emotions, failures, etc.

DeathNoot

DeathNoot

Student
Feb 19, 2020
As others above have said, it really helped release anxiety for me. I never liked the pain aspect actually, I would hesitate because of that. I've quit now tho, technically.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
There's a few reasons. I've had urges to do it for a long, long time; sometimes it gets unbearable. It's a good way to punish myself. It's very numbing. And...well, it's nice to watch the blood.

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
I actually tried to stab myself in the heart that day, but I missed, and punctured a lung, that fucking bitch hurt badly, my family found me, and called the ambulance. What a fail.
When was this?

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020

F*ck dude. I could never do that. :ohhhh:

P

person123

Experienced
Jul 2, 2020
Brutal! How long were you in the hospital and did you go to psych?
is that you're only attempt?
I don't remember how long I've been there. First they let me go. But then I walked naked into supermarket, and was sent to psych by the cops, they also handcuffed me, which was uncomfortable. In the psych they gave me huge dose of paliperidone, which messed up my breathing, I was constantly suffocating. What a fucking terrible society.

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
I don't remember how long I've been there. First they let me go. But then I walked naked into supermarket, and was sent to psych by the cops, they also handcuffed me, which was uncomfortable. In the psych they gave me huge dose of paliperidone, which messed up my breathing, I was constantly suffocating. What a fucking terrible society.
Wait after cutting up your legs and stabbing your lung, they didn't put you in psych? But put in psych for walking naked in supermarket? When was the supermarket incident?

FullCircle

FullCircle

Nov 20, 2018
It's the release. I dont think I ever feel calmer than after sh. But I've been doing it so long that it ends up causing more anxiety because of the severity. It's an endless cycle.

P

person123

Experienced
Jul 2, 2020
Unbelievable
I live with my family, and I was having a psychosis, so maybe they thought that my family would watch me. After I was detained thought, they decided to involuntary hospitalize me.

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I live with my family, and I was having a psychosis, so maybe they thought that my family would watch me. After I was detained thought, they decided to involuntary hospitalize me.

damn bruh u been through a lot.
what do you think caused u to have psychosis in the first place?

P

person123

Experienced
Jul 2, 2020
damn bruh u been through a lot.
what do you think caused u to have psychosis in the first place?
What I meant, is that they thought my psychosis was over, but it came back. Dunno what caused it, I had some kind of mental breakdown.

Last edited: