• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

GreenLantern

GreenLantern

John Stewart
Nov 18, 2018
I only learned of aspergers a few years ago when I considered that I may not be "normal". The past few years I've considered I may have aspergers or some other condition that can explain the way I am and why my life has been the way it has.

I was never diagnosed with it but based on the characteristics they say people with aspergers have, I think I may have it because I fit a lot of those. I thought about getting an official diagnosis, but I didn't want to do anymore therapy type sessions. I also don't like the criticisms of people with aspergers.

For instance, one thing is I have a really good memory. Most people tell me that's unusual, but I find others unusual when they have really short term memory unless it was something huge like where they were during 9/11.

If I do have it, then I just hate life even more. If I've had a mental condition that is going to make life harder for me, especially socially and I had no clue that I may have it until I was in my late 20s, and other people probably knew and didn't bother to help me out, and tell me, then that just shows how ruthless and cold the world really is. How is one supposed to be successful and protect themselves from evil if they unwittingly have an obvious flaw to everyone else?

Last edited:
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yes, I have Aspergers and have been diagnosed with it since my late teens like age 16 or so. In regards to criticisms and how people treat others with Aspergers, yes I get the weird treatment and sometimes infantilized by others and it's degrading as hell. I also have relatively good memory (depending on what it is -- not in all areas or instances but for things I have an keen interest on, such as video games, classical music, firearms, and various other topics.).

I also hate my life too, especially when I'm social outcast and failure, couldn't make and keep friends, let alone even get a girlfriend (I don't want one, but it's sad that I couldn't get one even if I tried). The world is indeed a cruel joke and social life failure is one of my major reasons for wanting to ctb. I don't know if one could be successful and for the ones that are successful, I suppose they are the exception rather than the rule.

GreenLantern

GreenLantern

John Stewart
Nov 18, 2018
The other thing that makes it hard if you don't know you have it, is there is almost no mention or discussion of asperger syndrome in the media or in public. IRL, I personally have never even heard the word "aspergers" mentioned let alone discussed. The only way I even know about it is from online searches, reading certain websites and watching youtube videos about it. Thank goodness for the internet. I wonder how those with aspergers feel who lived pre-internet?

So how is someone who hasn't been diagnosed even supposed to "figure out" that they have it when there is hardly any mention of it in society. Because apparently aspergers are just good enough to pass for normal, but just have social difficulties here and there. That's really subtle and complex to have to "figure out" on your own without anyone's help.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
The other thing that makes it hard if you don't know you have it, is there is almost no mention or discussion of asperger syndrome in the media or in public. IRL, I personally have never even heard the word "aspergers" mentioned let alone discussed. The only way I even know about it is from online searches, reading certain websites and watching youtube videos about it. Thank goodness for the internet. I wonder how those with aspergers feel who lived pre-internet?

So how is someone who hasn't been diagnosed even supposed to "figure out" that they have it when there is hardly any mention of it in society. Because apparently aspergers are just good enough to pass for normal, but just have social difficulties here and there. That's really subtle and complex to have to "figure out" on your own without anyone's help.

It is very difficult and I believe that before the Internet (which is also the time where the mass public are even less aware of Aspergers' or autism), no one really associated with that person, made fun of him/her, or just assumed that person was problematic but had no good explanation. By the time the Internet came about and autism was made aware, I was already in my teens.

YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
I think I was misdiagnosed with Asperger/Autistic spectrum disorder on my teenage. I don´t want to self diagnose, but certainly I have some mental disorder that I can´t figure out what it is.
Sometimes I embrace the Asperger thing as my personal flag, then I desist of it.

S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
I would guess I have something, I also had a moment a few years back where it dawned on me I didn't have the right social skills for someone my age.

Now, I don't talk like a child, but I would say my vocabulary isn't as sophisticated as it could or should be in my 20s as an adult.

I could have some sort of bi-polar/schizoid/avoidance/personality disorders thrown in.

Who knows.

Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018

I don't think the internet has exactly educated a lot of people. Either that or they just don't seem to give a crap.

Oh and yes probably, waiting for full tests.

GreenLantern

GreenLantern

John Stewart
Nov 18, 2018
I don't think the internet has exactly educated a lot of people. Either that or they just don't seem to give a crap.

Oh and yes probably, waiting for full tests.

Well there's good information online, mindless entertainment, and garbage nonsense online too. But it's easier to find out about certain things like this. For instance, if I was the age I am now back in say 1992, since I've never heard of aspergers irl and it's pretty much never discussed, there's a good chance I probably still wouldn't know of it; and I'd still be totally confused as to why I have the social difficulties that I do.

V

Virgo

Arcanist
Oct 3, 2018
Never been diagnosed. It has been brought up by a few people though. I'm somewhat skeptical as there's lots of symptoms that I either don't exhibit or no longer do. Mostly just socialization issues now a days.

GreenLantern

GreenLantern

John Stewart
Nov 18, 2018
This is just my pov, but to me it seems a little ironic that aspergers is considered a mental illness or abnormal, because a lot of the traits aspergers have seem like the natural traits humans are supposed to have.

Good memory- I find it odd that most people forget things soo quickly. It seems more natural to me to retain info over a long period of time.
Being passionate about hobbies/interests- How is this not natural?
Not getting/liking sarcasm or indirect communication- Sarcasm seems complex and you have to be clever to use it and get it. And a lot of people don't mean what they say when they speak. I would think it's more natural to say what you mean and be direct.

HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
I went through the process of being diagnosed with ASD (since Aspergers is no used) back in primary school. Around 10th grade ish. Give or take four or five years. I had an IEP done to help for some of my developmental disabilities.

I haven't had any professionals look at the link between my autism and suicidal thoughts. Partly because one of my psychologists was absolute shit.

Last edited:
Dor

Dor

SS village idiot
Nov 22, 2018
Suicide risk in people with autism.

I know of one person personally who had aspergers and CTB. I'm no expert but I think that many on here could have undiagnosed autism.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/01/190123082225.htm

They investigated it in my case, I had some minor traits of it, but not enough for diagnosis. But I dunno something is "OFF" about me, can't quite put my finger on what it is, but I bet it's pretty obvious to everyone around me, and maybe even to some of you guys here.

I'm a bit "special", and not in the good way.

K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
I am certain Aspergers is a genetic condition. My Nephew was diagnosed. My son is very clearly textbook Aspies. I have recently been invited for testing.
We are all regarded as the odd/bad sorts of the family. But pretty much everyone in the family shows signs of some traits. It definitely explains why all my relationships have been so terrible. It explains an awful lot.
When I was at school,we were just considered "naughty". My generation have just gotten by as best as they can.

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
I only learned of aspergers a few years ago when I considered that I may not be "normal". The past few years I've considered I may have aspergers or some other condition that can explain the way I am and why my life has been the way it has.

I was never diagnosed with it but based on the characteristics they say people with aspergers have, I think I may have it because I fit a lot of those. I thought about getting an official diagnosis, but I didn't want to do anymore therapy type sessions. I also don't like the criticisms of people with aspergers.

For instance, one thing is I have a really good memory. Most people tell me that's unusual, but I find others unusual when they have really short term memory unless it was something huge like where they were during 9/11.

If I do have it, then I just hate life even more. If I've had a mental condition that is going to make life harder for me, especially socially and I had no clue that I may have it until I was in my late 20s, and other people probably knew and didn't bother to help me out, and tell me, then that just shows how ruthless and cold the world really is. How is one supposed to be successful and protect themselves from evil if they unwittingly have an obvious flaw to everyone else?
I hope you don't think I'm naïve -- or just plain ignorant -- but the most successful people I know have Asperger's. The creativity, the intelligence, the logical/cricical reasoning ability...I often see it as a gift. But, i'm not discounting the social struggles. I'm just saying, I'd KILL for the kind of careers my Aspergian friends have.

ParamitePie

ParamitePie

Experienced
Oct 11, 2018
I was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome (Autism Spectrum Disorder, I guess) when I was 13, but I'm of the opinion I have Schizoid Personality Disorder. I'm no hypochondriac, but when you fit every single criteria of one disorder and not all of the other, it raises questions. I think my finely attuned detection of certain audio-visual stimuli is a result of childhood trauma, but nobody ever talked to me about that. Not that it really bothers me.